Syllabus of the eligibility test for constables for promotion to the rank of Assistant Sub-Inspector of Police (Un-armed Branch)
A] General Knowledge Full Marks-10 Pass Marks-04
Basic Course in Computer Education
- Handling of Computer: Switching on /off the Computer, Familiarization with Computer, About Hardware and Software, Key Board Commands, Key Board Typing Practice (Minimum Speed 20 words per minute).
- Windows : Introduction to MS-Windows (98,2000, XP), Basic Knowledge of operating System.
- MS Word : Introduction to MS-Word, Standard Toolbar (New creation, opening, saving ), Formatting Toolbar (Formatting Text, i.e. Bold / Italic / Underline /Alignment etc.), Page Setup and its Properties, All printing options (File Printing / Print Preview), Table Creation.
- Software about Anti Virus
- Internet : Introduction to Internet, Opening and Closing Websites, E-Mail Account Creation, Sending and Receiving E-Mails, Use of Search Engines (Google and MSN )
- Police Software : PPMS, Digital MTO, Clothing Store Management System, Departmental Store Management System, Accounts and Cash Book, PLUS, TCTS, CIPA
B] Report Writing Full Marks-10 Pass Marks-04 In connection with Misc. enquiries.
C] Law & Procedure [Without Book] Full Marks-60 Pass Marks-24
I. Criminal Procedure Code:-
- Cognizable & Non Cognizable Offence [Sec-2[c][I]. Procedure of writing General Diary in cognizable & non cognizable cases [PRB Rule 377]
- First Information Report [Sec 154 Cr. P.C.]. Procedure of recording FIR [Sec 154 Cr.
- & PRB Rule-243]
- Power & Procedure of Arrest of Person [Sec-Cr. C. 41, 42, 43, 46, 47, 49, 50, 51, 52, 57, 151]
- General Procedure of Search [Sec-100 Cr. P.C. & P.R.B. Rule 280]
- Dispersal of Unlawful Assembly, Power & Functions of Police [Sec-129 P.C. PRB Rule 142-144]. Use of fire arms [PRB Rule 153] [High Court order with ref to Nandi Gram Police Firing]
- Prohibitory Order [Sec 144 Cr. P.C] Appointment of receiver in case of disputed immovable Property [Sec145 Cr. C]
- Investigation of UD Case [Sec 174(i) Cr. P.C & 299 PRB]
- Enquiry in MA Case
- Report Writing in Non FIR Cases & Misc. enquiry
II. Indian Penal Code :-
- Definition [Sec-21, 23, 24, 39, 52]
- General Exceptions [Sec-96 to 106]
- Offences against Public Tranquility [Sec- 141-149] 4. Custodial Crime [Sec-330, 331, 343, 376(2)(a)]
- Offences against human body [Sec-299-304, 307, 319-326, 331, 339-342, 354]
- Offences against property [Sec-378-384, 390-397, 399, 402, 410-412]
III. Minor Acts :-
- The Police Act 1861 [Sec17, 18, 19, 23, 29, 30-34 & 44]
- West Bengal Gambling & Prize Competition Act [Sec-2, 3, 4, 5, 10 & 100]
- Indian Arms Act
IV. Maintenance of Registers at PS & other Police units :-
- GD Book PRB [Rule 377], Absconder Register [Rule 378], Constables Daily Duty Roster [Rule 373], Warrant Register [Rule 323], Property Register [Rule 379], Register of Letter receive & Letter issued [Rule 376], Non FIR Register [Rule 254], MA Case Register [Rule 254], UD Case Register [Rule 299], Cash Account Register [Rule 409], All Arrest Register [Rule 323], Command Certificate [Rule 163], Personal Diary [Rule 209], Prisoners Diet Bill [Rule 333], Periodical Reports & Returns [Rule 198], Missing Persons Registers, Rules in c/w guarding Lock-up & Sentry Duty [Rule 329].
At CI Office
- Registers of letter received & letter issued [Rule 199], Index of Crime [Rule 197], Police Gazette File [Rule 74], Reward & Punishment Register, PD Files
At SDPO Office
- Register of letter received & letter issued, SR Case Register, Reward & Punishment Register, Sub-Divisional Order Book, Filing of Police Gazette
At Police Court
- Filing of Police Gazette [PRB Rule 74], Final Memo [Rule 445], Register of Process [Rule 471], File of Jail Parade Report [Rule 515], Register of Paper received & paper dispatch [Rule 532], Daily under Trial Case Report [Rule 533], Register of Unidentified persons sent up by Police [Rule 534], General Register [Rule 536], Non G.R. [Rule 537], Hazat Register [Rule 538], Sessions Case Register [Rule 539], Bail Bond Register [Rule 540], Conviction Register [Rule 541]
V. Crowd Control & VIP Duty-
- Definition of Crowd & measures adopted by police for controlling crowd at different stages. Licenses issued under Police Act for regulating processions &
Definition of VIP and duties performed by Police at different stage to ensure safety and security of VIP – during their journey, at place of programme and stay.
D] [i] Report Writing In connection with Non FIR Prosecution FM-20, PM-08 [290, 323 IPC, 3, 4 BCLA Act, WBG & PC Act, 107, 109, 144, 145 Cr. P.C, 34 Police Act]
[ii] Social Values & Awareness
- Police Organizations [WBP, Kolkata Police & P.Os
- Attitudinal Change in the behavior of police, code of conduct for police
- Concept of Human Rights-Protection of Human Observation of Human Rights during arrest, search & seizure, escort & interrogation of accused person-Directions of the Supreme Court of India in c/w arrest.
- Offences against women and role of police
- Offences against weaker section and role of police
- Menace of communalism, role of police & maintenance of secular attitude in Police
- Menace of Drug, Immoral Trafficking E] T.C Drill [Non-evaluation]
SYLLABUS OF THE ELIGIBILITY TEST FOR CONSTABLES FOR PROMOTION TO THE RANK OF ASSISTANT SUB-INSPECTOR OF POLICE [ARMED BRANCH]
A] General Knowledge [Computer Awareness] Full Marks-10 Pass Marks-04
- Handling of Computer : Switching on /off the Computer, Familiarization with Computer, About Hardware and Software, Key Board Commands, Key Board Typing Practice [Minimum Speed 20 words per minute]
- Windows: Introduction to MS-Windows [98, 2000, XP], Basic Knowledge of Operating System.
- MS Word: Introduction to MS-Word, Standard Toolbar [New file creation, Opening, Saving etc.], Formatting Toolbar [Formatting text, i.e., Bold /Italic/Underline/ Alignment ], Page Setup and its Properties, All printing options [File Printing / Print preview], Table Creation
- Software: About Anti-Virus
- Internet: Introduction to Internet, Opening and Closing Websites, E-Mail Account Creation, Sending and Receiving E-Mails, Use of Search Engines [Google and MSN ]
- Police Softwares: PPMS, Digital MTO, Clothing Store Management System, Departmental Store Management System, Accounts and Cash Book, PLUS, TCTS, CIPA
B] Report Writing in connection with Misc. enquiries & duties performed. FM-10, PM-04 C] Law & Procedure [Without Book] FM-30, PM-12
Criminal Procedure Code:
- Power & Procedure regarding arrest person [Sec. 41, 42, 43, 46, 47, 49, 50, 51, 52, 57, 151]
- General Procedure of Search [Sec. 100 Cr. P.C & PRB Rule 280]
- Dispersal of unlawful Assembly : Power & function of Police [Sec. 129 Cr. P.C, PRB Rule 142-144] use of fire arms PRB Rule 153, with reference to Right of Private Defence
- Prohibiting Order [Sec. 144 Cr. P.C], Appointment of receiver in Case of disputed immovable Property [Sec. 145 Cr. PC]
Indian Penal Code:
- General Exception [Sec. 96-106]
- Offences against Public tranquility [141-149]
- Offences against human body [Homicide, Dowry death, Hurt]
- Offences against Property [Theft, Robbery, Burglary, Dacoity] v. Custodial Crimes [Sec. 330, 331, 343, 376 (2)(a)]
- The Police Act 1861
- B. Gambling & Prize Competition Act [Sec. 2, 3, 4, 5, 10 & 11]
- Indian Arms Act
D] Social Value & Awareness: FM-20 PM-08
- Police Organization [WBP, KP, CPO]
- Attitudinal change with behavior of police, Code of conduct for Police, meeting unit answering telephone
- Concept of Human Rights-Protection of Human Observance of Human Rights- during arrest, Search, Seizure, Escort & interrogation of accused persons-direction of the Supreme Court of India in connection with arrest.
- Offences against women & role of
- Offences against weaker sections & role of Police
- Menace of Communalism & role of Police, Protection of Secular attitude in Police Administration.
- Menace of Drugs & Human Trafficking
E] (i) Drill (Theoretical): Including Guard & Sentry Duties FM-10 PM-04 Detecting IED & Techniques for defusing it,
Maintaining Camp Security in LWE Area
(ii) Drill (Practical) FM-10 PM-04
F] (i) Weaponry [Theoretical] FM-05 PM-02 [.303, .410, 38, 9mm Pistol, AK 47, SLR, INSAS, Carbine]
(ii) Weaponry [Practical] FM-05 PM-02 G] PT [non-evaluation]