Weekly Current Affairs 2016 (8 Aug – 14 Aug)
The weekly current Affairs for Week no. 32 of 2016 (8 Aug 2016 – 14 Aug 2016) are as follows:
Current Affairs of 8 August 2016 Monday
- Manish Tandon appointed as CEO of CSS Corp.
- Odisha government launched Baristha Bunakar Sahayata Yojana.
- Justice Katju said Lodha Committee recommendations on BCCI reforms are unconstitutional and illegal.
- PM Narendra Modi launched Mission Bhagiratha scheme in Telangana.
- Gymnast Dipa Karmakar became first Indian to qualify for Vault Finals.
- Union Government launched Swachh Survekshan-2017 project to assess 500 cities.
Current Affairs of 9 August 2016 Tuesday
- Sandeep Kumar appointed as Transport Commissioner of Delhi.
- Former RBI Deputy Governor Anand Sinha appointed to the IDFC Bank Board.
- International Day of the World’s Indigenous People observed on August 9.
- Mental Health Care Bill, 2013 passed by Rajya Sabha.
- Katie Ledecky set world record to win gold in 400m freestyle.
- Wildlife Institute of India to house India’s first tiger repository.
Current Affairs of 10 August 2016 Wednesday
- Irom Sharmila ended 16-year-long fast.
- Judoka Silva won first gold for host country Brazil in Rio Olympics.
- Dinesh Kumar Khara appointed as Managing Director of SBI.
- Steps taken by Government to protect Protected Species in India.
- Pawan Munjal reappointed as CMD and CEO of Hero MotoCorp.
Current Affairs of 11 August 2016 Thursday
- Employee’s Compensation (Amendment) Bill 2016 passed by Lok Sabha.
- China launched Gaofen-3 Satellite to get accurate images of earth.
- Kazakhstan’s Nijat Rahimov wons men’s 77kg weightlifting gold at Rio Olympics.
- Rhino horn verification process began in Assam.
- M S Subbulakshmi to be honoured by A R Rahman at UN on Independence Day.
- NITI Aayog aayog tied up with US EIA to set up portal on energy data.
Current Affairs of 12 August 2016 Friday
- Maternity Benefits (Amendment) Bill, 2016 passed by Rajya Sabha.
- Assam became first state to ratify The Constitution (122nd Amendment) (GST) Bill, 2014.
- Microsoft appoints Sriram Rajamani as MD of India Research Lab.
- Union Government launches data bank portal of MSMEs.
- Michael Phelps became first swimmer to win four consecutive golds in same event.
- Construction of over 37000 houses for urban poor approved by HUPA.
Current Affairs of 13 August 2016 Saturday.
- Odisha state government made Aadhar Card mandatory for procurement of paddy.
- China’s Ma Long becomes fifth male Grand Slam winner at Rio Olympics.
- Nagaland state government to grant 33% reservation to women in Urban Local Bodies.
- Novel drug compound inhibiting skin cancer discovered by NCCS Study.
Current Affairs of 14 August 2016 Sunday
- As per NASA study, Venus planet may have been habitable once.
- Tripartite Agreement inked between India, Sri Lanka & China
- Pramukh Swami, Spiritual Guru passed away.
- Nagaland to Grant 33% Reservation to women.
- Nano Credit launched by Axis Bank.
Friends this is it regarding Top Weekly Current Affairs of 2016. We will update weekly current affairs like this every week.If you have any suggestion or query, kindly post it in the comments section.
- Top 100 Current Affairs Capsule May 2016
- Weekly Current Affairs 2016 (30 May – 5 June)
- Weekly Current Affairs 2016 (6 June – 12 June)
- Weekly Current Affairs 2016 (13 June – 19 June)
- Weekly Current Affairs 2016 (20 June – 26 June)
- Weekly Current Affairs 2016 (26 June – 3 July)
- Weekly Current Affairs 2016 (4 July – 10 July)
- Weekly Current Affairs 2016 (11 July – 17 July)
- Weekly Current Affairs 2016 (18 July – 24 July)
- Weekly Current Affairs 2016 (25 July – 31 July)
- Weekly Current Affairs 2016 (1 Aug – 7 Aug)
- Top Current Affairs Capsule June 2016
- Banking Awareness Capsule 1
- Banking Awareness Capsule 2
- Banking Awareness Capsule 3
- Banking Awareness Capsule 4
- Insurance Awareness Capsule 1
- Insurance Awareness Capsule 2
- Insurance Awareness Capsule 3
- General Knowledge Capsule 1
- General Knowledge Capsule 2
- General Knowledge Capsule 3
- Computer Knowledge Capsule 1
- Computer Knowledge Capsule 2
- Computer Knowledge Capsule 3
- English Booster Capsule 1
- English Booster Capsule 2