Weekly Current Affairs 2016 (22 Aug – 28 Aug).
The weekly current Affairs for Week no. 34 of 2016 (22 Aug 2016 – 28 Aug 2016) are as follows:
Current Affairs of 22 August 2016 Monday
- Summer Olympics 2016 concluded at Rio de Janeiro.
- Urjit R Patel appointed as 24th Governor of Reserve Bank of India.
- Former international umpire Subrata Banerjee died recently.
- Name the actor who is chosen for France’s Chevalier de L’Ordre Arts et Lettres.
- N Ramachandran, IOA Chief bestowed with the Olympic Order award.
Current Affairs of 23 August 2016 Tuesday
- Maharashtra became first state to draft law for internal security.
- Gujarat to host 2016 Kabaddi World Cup.
- India & Germany signed an agreement on vocational training.
- Jagdish Mukhi sworn in as Lieutenant Governor of Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
- India won four-match Test Series against West Indies.
- V P Singh Badnore sworn in as Governor of Punjab.
Current Affairs of 24 August 2016 Wednesday
- Andhra Pradesh launched DNA Index System to tackle crime.
- Sania Mirza became World No 1 in ATP Women’s Doubles Tennis Rankings.
- Maharashtra became first state to sign MoU with Centre, AAI to develop 10 airports under RCS.
- India stood at 7th position in the New World Wealth Report 2016.
- Maharashtra & Telangana states ink pact for 3 irrigation projects.
- Reliance Cement becomes subsidiary of Birla Corporation Limited.
Current Affairs of 25 August 2016 Thursday
- Sakshi Malik named as brand ambassador for Beti Bachao, Beti Padao campaign in Haryana.
- E-library named Sugamya Pustakalaya launched by Union Govt for Persons with print Disabilities.
- Introduction of Surrogacy (Regulation) Bill, 2016 approved by Union Govt.
- Former Governor Akhlaq Ur Rahman Kidwai passed away.
- US Postal Service honoured Indian Festival Diwali with a Forever Stamp.
Current Affairs of 26 August 2016 Friday
- RBI asks banks to extend loans to women SHGs at 7% rate.
- Abhinav Bindra to Head NRAI Review Committee on Rio Debacle.
- World’s first self-driving taxis launched in Singapore.
- South India’s first Children’s Court inaugurated in Hyderabad.
- Sixth Annual List of The World’s Most Innovative Companies 2016 released by Forbes.
- Nine breeds of livestock and poultry registered with NBAGR.
Current Affairs of 27 August 2016 Saturday
- Task Force to prepare action Plan for next three Olympics Games announced by PM Narendra Modi.
- Tillakaratne Dilshan announced retirement from International Cricket.
- Union Minister Maneka Gandhi launched POCSO e-box.
- Scientists of Japan detected rare deep-Earth tremor S wave microseism.
Current Affairs of 28 August 2016 Sunday
- Philippine government, communist rebels signed Ceasefire Deal.
- Bombay High Court allowed entry of women inside Haji Ali Dargah.
- Sachin Tendulkar gave BMW to Rio Olympics medallist PV Sindhu and Sakshi Malik. and also to Dipa Karmakar and Pullela Gopichand.
- Food regulator FSSAI proposed new standards for frozen vegetables and processed fruit products.
Friends this is it regarding Top Weekly Current Affairs of 2016. We will update weekly current affairs like this every week.If you have any suggestion or query, kindly post it in the comments section.
- Top 100 Current Affairs Capsule May 2016.
- Weekly Current Affairs 2016 (30 May – 5 June)
- Weekly Current Affairs 2016 (6 June – 12 June)
- Weekly Current Affairs 2016 (13 June – 19 June)
- Weekly Current Affairs 2016 (20 June – 26 June)
- Weekly Current Affairs 2016 (26 June – 3 July)
- Weekly Current Affairs 2016 (4 July – 10 July)
- Weekly Current Affairs 2016 (11 July – 17 July)
- Weekly Current Affairs 2016 (18 July – 24 July)
- Weekly Current Affairs 2016 (25 July – 31 July)
- Weekly Current Affairs 2016 (1 Aug – 7 Aug)
- Weekly Current Affairs 2016 (8 Aug – 14 Aug)
- Weekly Current Affairs 2016 (15 Aug – 21 Aug)
- Top Current Affairs Capsule June 2016
- Banking Awareness Capsule 1.
- Banking Awareness Capsule 2.
- Banking Awareness Capsule 3.
- Banking Awareness Capsule 4.
- Insurance Awareness Capsule 1
- Insurance Awareness Capsule 2
- Insurance Awareness Capsule 3
- General Knowledge Capsule 1
- General Knowledge Capsule 2
- General Knowledge Capsule 3
- Computer Knowledge Capsule 1
- Computer Knowledge Capsule 2
- Computer Knowledge Capsule 3
- English Booster Capsule 1
- English Booster Capsule 2