Weekly Current Affairs 2016 (20 June – 26 June)
The weekly current Affairs for Week no. 25 of 2016 (20th June 2016 to 26th June 2016) are as follows:
Current Affairs of 20 June 2016 Monday
- India won Silver medal at Archery World Cup in Antalya –
- URJA mobile app launched to enhance consumer connect with Urban Power Distribution sector.
- World refugee day was observed on 20th June.
- Shaminda Eranga, Sri Lankan cricket player suspended for illegal action.
- NASA unveiled X-57 Hybrid Electric Research Plane.
- Nico Rosberg won 2016 Formula 1 Grand Prix of Europe.
- Union Government Approves 100% FDI In Aviation, Defence and e-commerce Sectors.
Current Affairs of 21 June 2016 Tuesday
- International Day of Yoga 2016 observed on 21st June 2016.
- Kannada movie Thithi won Best Film Award at 19th Shanghai International Film Festival.
- China’s Sunway TaihuLight supercomputer was declared as world’s fastest.
- HAL created Indigenous basic trainer aircraft HTT-40.
- Mori village of Andhra Pradesh was chosen for development as smart village.
- Nikesh Arora Resigns as SoftBank President.
- Andhra Postal Circle Releases Stamps On Yoga Booklet.
Current Affairs of 22 June 2016 Wednesday
- Telangana poet and lyricist Guda Anjaiah passed away.
- Book titled A Life in Diplomacy released, author of book is –
- Maharashtra Cabinet gave minority status to Jew community .
- World Bank released India Development Update 2016.
- ISRO’s PSLV C34 Successfully Injects 20 Satellites Into Orbit
- Union Cabinet Approves MoU between India and Germany
Current Affairs of 23 June 2016 Thursday
- Union Cabinet established Fund of Funds for Startups under SIDBI.
- EU reached agreement on new border force to tackle Migrant Crisis.
- United Nations Public Service Day is observed on 23 June 2016.
- Amjad Sabri, the famous Qawwal was shot dead in Karachi.
- PayPal appointed Anupam Pahuja as India Country Manager and MD.
Current Affairs of 24 June 2016 Friday
- BCCI appointed Anil Kumble as the head coach of Indian Cricket Team.
- Britain voted to exit European Union in historic referendum.
- Union Government launches India’s first pilot programme to run two wheelers on CNG.
- UK Prime Minister David Cameron announced resignation after Brexit vote.
- IIT-Kanpur professor Sanjay Mittal awarded with 2015 GD Birla Award.
Current Affairs of 25 June 2016 Saturday
- Yasmin Sooka, Indian-origin lawyer to chair UN commission on human rights in South Sudan.
- Nepal banned citizens from working in Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria and Libya.
- Sri Lanka’s Parliament passes Right to Information bill with amendments.
- India Loses Bid to Join NSG.
- RBI has released its much awaited The ‘Payment and Settlement Systems in India: Vision-2018’ document.
Current Affairs of 26 June 2016 Sunday
- Who launched Smart city Mission Projects in Pune – PM Narendra Modi
- Sprinter Dutee Chand qualifies for – Rio Olympics
- BrahMos conducted first flight of missile from SU-30 MKI aircraft successfully.
- Jammu and Kashmir chief minister Mehbooba Mufti won the bypoll to the Anantnag Assembly.
- Finance Minister Arun Jaitley attended the first Board of Governors meeting of the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank in Beijing.
- Int Day Against Drug Abuse was observed on 26th June.
Friends this is it regarding Top Weekly Current Affairs of 2016. We will update weekly current affairs like this every week.If you have any suggestion or query, kindly post it in the comments section.
YOU CAN ALSO DOWLOAD THE ABOVE ARTICLE IN PDF BELOW
- Top 100 Current Affairs Capsule May 2016
- Weekly Current Affairs 2016 (30 May – 5 June)
- Weekly Current Affairs 2016 (6 June – 12 June)
- Weekly Current Affairs 2016 (13 June – 19 June)
- Banking Awareness Capsule 1
- Banking Awareness Capsule 2
- Banking Awareness Capsule 3
- Insurance Awareness Capsule 1
- Insurance Awareness Capsule 2
- Insurance Awareness Capsule 3
- General Knowledge Capsule 1
- General Knowledge Capsule 2
- General Knowledge Capsule 3
- Computer Knowledge Capsule 1
- Computer Knowledge Capsule 2
- Computer Knowledge Capsule 3
- English Booster Capsule 1
- English Booster Capsule 2