Weekly Current Affairs 2016 (11 July – 17 July)
The weekly current Affairs for Week no. 28 of 2016 (11 July 2016 – 17 July 2016) are as follows:
Current Affairs of 11 July 2016 Monday
- Sushila Karki became Nepal’s first woman Chief Justice.
- Kudankulam nuclear power plant attained critical Status.
- India, Tanzania signed Five bilateral agreements.
- NBAGR conferred rare and singular species genetic recognition tag to Kendrapara Sheep.
- Lewis Hamilton won the title 2016 British Grand Prix.
Current Affairs of 12 July 2016 Tuesday
- Six more Indians qualified for Rio Olympics.
- India and Kenya signed seven agreements to deepen cooperation.
- Sanjay Gupta appointed as CMD of Konkan Railway Corporation Limited.
- India’s first Centre of Excellence on Internet of Things launched in Bengaluru.
- President conferred 51st Jnanpith Award to Dr. Raghuveer Chaudhari.
Current Affairs of 13 July 2016 Wednesday
- Test, ODI, and T20I Rankings were released by ICC.
- Forbes released the list of World’s Highest-Paid Celebrities of 2016.
- Permanent Court of Arbitration ruled in favor of The Philippines on South China Sea.
- SBI inks MoU with which IIT Bombay to promote fintech start-ups.
- India & Bangladesh signed deal for construction of coal fired power plant.
Current Affairs of 14 July 2016 Thursday
- Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana approved by Union Cabinet.
- Sankat Mochan operation launched to evacuate Indian citizens from South Sudan.
- Ashok Patnaik appointed as CEO of NATGRID.
- Theresa May appointed as Prime Minister of United Kingdom.
- India-born Kinshuk appointed as Dean of University of North Texas College of Information.
Current Affairs of 15 July 2016 Friday
- India, ADB sign 100 Million US dollar loan agreement for Cauvery Delta project in Tamil Nadu.
- 11th ASEM summit began in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia.
- RBI set up Sudarshan Sen-headed Inter-regulatory Working Group on Fin Tech and Digital Banking.
- Fide Women’s Grand Prix trophy won by Harika Dronavalli.
- World Youth Skills Day was observed globally on 15 July 2016.
- Rakesh Kumar Chaturvedi appointed as Chairman of CBSE.
Current Affairs of 16 July 2016 Saturday
- Tata Advanced Systems signs deal with Bell Helicopter.
- Ramayana Month month began in Kerala.
- Nalanda Mahavihara university enters UNESCO’s World Heritage Site list.
- Madhya Pradesh became the first state to approve setting up of Happiness Department.
Current Affairs of 17 July 2016 Sunday
- Pema Khandu sworned in as new Chief Minister of Arunachal Pradesh.
- Yatra Online acquired by Terrapin 3 Acquisition Corporation for $218 mn.
- Boxer Vijender Singh clinched the WBO Asia Pacific Super Middleweight title with a win over Kerry Hope.
- A court in Andheri issued non bailable warrant against Vijay Mallya in cheque bouncing case.
- SEBI directed clearing corporations not to accept fixed deposit receipts (FDRs) from banks as ‘collateral’
Friends this is it regarding Top Weekly Current Affairs of 2016. We will update weekly current affairs like this every week.If you have any suggestion or query, kindly post it in the comments section.
You can also download the above post in PDF format below:
- Top 100 Current Affairs Capsule May 2016
- Weekly Current Affairs 2016 (30 May – 5 June)
- Weekly Current Affairs 2016 (6 June – 12 June)
- Weekly Current Affairs 2016 (13 June – 19 June)
- Weekly Current Affairs 2016 (20 June – 26 June)
- Weekly Current Affairs 2016 (26 June – 3 July)
- Weekly Current Affairs 2016 (4 July – 10 July)
- Top Current Affairs Capsule June 2016
- Banking Awareness Capsule 1
- Banking Awareness Capsule 2
- Banking Awareness Capsule 3
- Banking Awareness Capsule 4
- Insurance Awareness Capsule 1
- Insurance Awareness Capsule 2
- Insurance Awareness Capsule 3
- General Knowledge Capsule 1
- General Knowledge Capsule 2
- General Knowledge Capsule 3
- Computer Knowledge Capsule 1
- Computer Knowledge Capsule 2
- Computer Knowledge Capsule 3
- English Booster Capsule 1
- English Booster Capsule 2