Weekly Current Affairs 2016 (1 Aug – 7 Aug)
The weekly current Affairs for Week no. 31 of 2016 (1 Aug 2016 – 7 Aug 2016) are as follows:
Current Affairs of 1 August 2016 Monday
- Union Government constitutes “DISHA” or timely implementation of Central Schemes –
- Madras HC will be now called as Tamil Nadu HC.
- Maiden Agartala to Delhi broad gauge train service launched by Railway Ministry.
- Patna Pirates won 4th season of Pro Kabaddi League.
- 2016 F1 German Grand Prix won by Lewis Hamilton.
- Tokyo elected Yuriko Koike as first female governor.
Current Affairs of 2 August 2016 Tuesday
- Anant Maheshwari named as President of Microsoft India.
- Indian Medical Council (Amendment) Bill, 2016 passed by Parliament.
- Book titled “R D Burmania: Panchamemoirs” authored by Chaitanya Padukone released.
- 2016 PEN/Heim Translation Fund Grants won by Anita Gopalan.
- Rani Singh Nair appointed as Chairman of CBDT.
Current Affairs of 3 August 2016 Wednesday
- West Bengal Cabinet cleared proposal to rename the state as Bengal.
- China to carry out first human gene editing trial for lung cancer.
- Angela Ruggiero appointed as a Head of IOC Athletes’ Commission.
- 7th meeting of SAARC Immigration Authorities held in Islamabad.
- Scientists developed mechanism to recycle Carbon di Oxide into usable fuel.
Current Affairs of 4 August 2016 Thursday
- Motor Vehicle (Amendment) Bill, 2016 approved by Union Cabinet.
- Nimesh Kampani resigned as Managing Director of JM Financial Ltd.
- Shubha Mudgal is selected for Rajiv Gandhi National Sadbhavana Award.
- Aadhaar-linked e-Signature facility launched to Digitise Documents.
Current Affairs of 5 August 2016 Friday
- Tarun Ramadorai Committee on Household Finance constituted by RBI.
- Nita Ambani became the first Indian woman IOC member.
- Youssef Chahed appointed as a Prime Minister of Tunisia.
- D K Gayen assumed charge as the General Manager of East Central Railway.
- IOC agreed to add five sports in 2020 Tokyo Olympics.
Current Affairs of 6 August 2016 Saturday
- Union Government launches “MAA” a nation-wide programme for promoting breastfeeding.
- The grand ceremony of 2016 Rio Olympics held in Maracana Stadium, Brazil.
- Union Government aims to roll out GST from April 1, 2017.
- World Breastfeeding Week 2016 observed from 1st to 7th August.
- Gujarat HC quashed state government notification for EBC Quota.
Current Affairs of 7 August 2016 Sunday
- Water Resources Information System launched by Telangana.
- China launched “Tiantong-01” its first satellite for mobile telecommunication.
- 2nd National Handloom Day observed across the country.
- The Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) signed an MoU with IIT Kanpur.
Friends this is it regarding Top Weekly Current Affairs of 2016. We will update weekly current affairs like this every week.If you have any suggestion or query, kindly post it in the comments section.
- Top 100 Current Affairs Capsule May 2016
- Weekly Current Affairs 2016 (30 May – 5 June)
- Weekly Current Affairs 2016 (6 June – 12 June)
- Weekly Current Affairs 2016 (13 June – 19 June)
- Weekly Current Affairs 2016 (20 June – 26 June)
- Weekly Current Affairs 2016 (26 June – 3 July)
- Weekly Current Affairs 2016 (4 July – 10 July)
- Weekly Current Affairs 2016 (11 July – 17 July)
- Weekly Current Affairs 2016 (18 July – 24 July)
- Weekly Current Affairs 2016 (25 July – 31 July)
- Top Current Affairs Capsule June 2016
- Banking Awareness Capsule 1
- Banking Awareness Capsule 2
- Banking Awareness Capsule 3
- Banking Awareness Capsule 4
- Insurance Awareness Capsule 1
- Insurance Awareness Capsule 2
- Insurance Awareness Capsule 3
- General Knowledge Capsule 1
- General Knowledge Capsule 2
- General Knowledge Capsule 3
- Computer Knowledge Capsule 1
- Computer Knowledge Capsule 2
- Computer Knowledge Capsule 3
- English Booster Capsule 1
- English Booster Capsule 2