Summary: UPSC Combined Geo-Scientist & Geologist Requirement – 208 Vacancies.UPSC Posts and Vacancies.UPSC Age Limit.UPSC Educational Qualification. UPSC Selection Process.UPSC Application Fee.UPSC How to Apply.UPSC Important Dates.
UPSC Recruitment 2016 Combined Geo-Scientist & Geologist 208 Vacancies upsc.gov.in.
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has released notification for conducting Combined Geo-Scientist & Geologist Exam 2016 for the recruitment of 208 Geologist, Geophysicist, Chemist, Junior Hydrogeologist (Scientist B) vacancies in the Geological Survey of India, Central Ground Water Board. Eligible candidates may apply online from 06-02-2016 to 04-03-2016 by 11:59 P.M on upsc.gov.in.
UPSC Combined Geo-Scientist and Geologist Posts and Vacancies:
- Total No. of Posts: 208.
- Name of the Exam: Combined Geo-Scientist & Geologist Exam 2016.
- Name of the Posts:
1. Category I (Posts in Geological Survey of India, Ministry of Mines): 206 Posts.
i. Geologist, Group A: 121 Posts.
ii. Geophysicist, Group A: 56 Posts.
iii. Chemist, Group A: 29 Posts.
2. Category II (Posts in Central Ground Water Board, Ministry of Water Resources): 02 Posts.
i. Junior Hydrogeologist (Scientist B), Group A: 02 Posts.
UPSC Combined Geo-Scientist & Geologist Age Limit:
- Candidates age should be between 21-32 years for Category I posts, 21-35 years for Category II posts as on 01-01-2016.
- Age relaxation is applicable as per rules.
UPSC Combined Geo-Scientist & Geologist Educational Qualification:
A) For Geologists Gr ‘A’ in Geological Survey of India.
Master’s degree either one of the following from a University:
- Geological Science.
- Geology or Applied Geology.
- Mineral Exploration.
- Engineering Geology.
- Marine Geology.
- Earth Science and Resource Management.
- Oceanography and Coastal Areas Studies.
- Petroleum Geo sciences.
- Petroleum Exploration.
- Geological Technology.
- Geophysical Technologies.
B) For Geophysicists Gr ‘ A ‘ i n Geological Survey of India
Either of the following from a recognized University
- M.Sc. in Physics or Applied Physics.
- M.Sc. (Geophysics).
- Integrated M.Sc. (Exploration Geophysics).
- M.Sc (Applied Geophysics).
- M.Sc. (Marine Geophysics).
- M.Sc. (Tech.) (Applied Geophysics).
C) For Chemists Gr ‘A ‘ in Geological Survey of India
- M. Sc. in Chemistry or Applied Chemistry or Analytical Chemistry.
- Analytical Chemistry from recognized University.
(d). For Junior Hydro geologists (Scientist-B) Group ‘A’ in Central Ground Water Board:
- Masters Degree in Geology or Applied Geology or marine Geology
5) Physical standards: Candidates must be physically fit according to physical standards for admission to Combined Geo-Scientist & Geologist Examination as per the regulations specified in the examination notification.
Geo-Scientist & Geologist exam Selection Process:
Candidates will be selected based on Written examination, Interview/ Personality Test.
UPSC Combined Geo-Scientist & Geologist exam Application Fee:
- Candidates have to pay Rs. 200 either by depositing the money in any branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of State Bank of India/ State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur/ State Bank of Hyderabad/ State Bank of Mysore/ State Bank of Patiala/ State Bank of Travancore or by using any Visa/ Master Credit/ Debit Card.
- No fee for SC/ ST/ PH/ Female candidates.
UPSC Combined Geo-Scientist & Geologist Exam How to Apply:
Eligible candidates may apply online through the website www.upsconline.nic.in from 06-02-2016 to 04-03-2016 by 11:59 P.M.
UPSC Geo-Scientist & Geologist Instructions to Apply Online www.upsconline.nic.in:
1. Before applying online candidates have to scan the copies of photograph & signature.
2. Log on through the website www.upsconline.nic.in.
3. Click on “Online Application for Various Examinations of UPSC”.
4. Click on “Part – I/ Part – II Registration”.
5. Read the Important Instructions & fill the form with all the relevant details & submit the application form.
6. After successful registration, a unique registration ID will be allotted, note down the ID & password.
7. Now fill the personal profile, contact details, age relaxation if applicable.
8. Now fill the details of qualification, experience.
9. Now fill the details of Professional Registration, Language, Miscellaneous Module.
10. Now candidate have to choose the Recruitment Test Centre.
11. Now candidates have to upload documents in Document Upload Module
12. After uploading photograph & signature preview the ORA form and check the details carefully.
13. Now click on the submit button
14. Candidates can Pay Online using the Internet banking facility in SBI or other associated banks or can pay through Visa/ Master Debit or Credit card issued by any Bank/ Institution.
15. Here the Transaction ID & Date of Registration details will directly uploaded automatically.
16. Now pay the fee through cash at any branch of State Bank of India through the Pay-in-Slip
17. A transaction ID will be given, again revisit the website and click on the “Click here to view your Previous/ Currently active applications”.
18. Log in by registration ID & password, candidates can see “My Active Application (My draft Application)” link.
19. Now fill the details of transaction ID and Date of Transaction if paid through cash.
20. Click “Continue”, check the details of fee and submit the application.
21. Now take the printout copies of application attach the attested copies of all documents and keep it for future use.
UPSC Combined Geo-Scientist & Geologist Important Dates:
|Starting Date to Apply Online||06-02-2016|
|Last Date for Payment of Fee using Pay by Cash Mode||03-03-2016|
|Last Date to Apply Online||04-03-2016 by 11:59 P.M|
|Last Date for Payment of Fee using Debit/ Credit Card/ Internet Banking||04-03-2016|
|Date of Competitive Examination||13-05-2016|
UPSC Examination Centres
|Ahmedabad, Allahabad, Bangalore, Bhopal, Chandigarh, Chennai, Cuttack, Delhi, Dispur, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Jammu, Kolkata , Lucknow, Mumbai, Patna, Shillong, Shimla, Thiruvananthapuram|
|Date of Verification of Documents||July/ August, 2016|