Summary: UPSC CAPF (AC) Eligibility Details.UPSC CAPF(AC) Selection Procedure.
In this article
UPSC CAPF (AC) Eligibility and Selection Procedure Details.
UPSC CAPF (AC) Eligibility Details:
Union Public Service Commission’s (UPSC) Central Police Forces (CAPF) (Assistant Commandants) Examination eligibility details are given below.
1. Nationality: The candidate must be a citizen of India.
2. Sex: Both males & female candidates are eligible for appointment to the post of Assistant Commadants in CRPF, CISF, SSB and BSF.
3. Age: Candidate must have attained the age of 20 years and must not have attained the age of 25 years, i.e he/she must been born not earlier than 02-08-1991 and not later than 01-08-1996.
4. Age Relaxation:
i. upto a maximum of 5 years for SC, ST candidates.
ii. upto a maximum of 3 years for OBC candidates.
iii. upto a maximum of 5 years for civilian central Government servants in according with the existing instructions of the Central Government. Ex-service men will also be eligible for this relaxation.
iv. upto a maximum of 5 years if a candidate had ordinally been domiciled in the state of Jammu and Kashmir during the period from 01-01-1980 to the 31-12-1989.
5. Educational qualifications: A candidate must be a Bachelor’s Degree if a University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section-3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 or possess an equivalent qualification.
Note: Candidates appearing in the degree exam are allowed to appear this exam but they submit proof of passing along with the detailed application forms which are to be submitted after the qualification the written test, medical standards test and physically test.
6. Restrictions: A candidate who has been finally selected on the basis of an earlier examination to the post of Assistant Commandants in any of the forces participating in the Central Armed Police Forces (Assistant Commandants) Examination will not be eligible to appear at a subsequent examination for recruitment of Assistant Commandants in the participating CAPFs.
7. Physical Standards: Candidates must meet the prescribed physical and medical standards for admission to Central Armed Police Forces (Assistant Commandants) Examination.
UPSC CAPF(AC) Selection Procedure:
Central Police Forces (CAPF) (Assistant Commandants) Examination conducts by Union Public Service Commission for different central forces in India namely SSB, BSF, ITBP, CISF, CRPF. The selection process details are given below.
CAPF (Central Police Force) Selection Procedure consists of 3 stages.
1. Written Examination
2. Physical Standards Test/ Physical Efficiency Test/ Medical Standards Test
3. Interview/ Personality Test
1. Written Examination: The written examination to be conducted by Union Public Service Commission will comprise two papers. Paper I & Paper II.
Paper I: General Ability and Intelligence – 250 Marks
Paper I consists of Objective (Multiple Answers) Type questions and questions will be set in English as well as Hindi. There is negative mark will be cut for each wrong answer.
Paper II: General Studies, Essay and Comprehension – 200 Marks
In this paper candidates will be allowed the option of writing the Essay Component in English or Hindi, but the medium of Precis Writing, Comprehension Components and other communications/ language skills will be in English.
2. Physical Standards/ Physical Efficiency Tests and Medical Standards Tests: Candidates who are qualified in the written examination will be called for the Physical Standards/ Physical Efficiency Tests and Medical Standards Tests.
Physical Efficiency Tests (PET):
a. 100 Meters race MalesIn 16 seconds FemalesIn 18Seconds
b. 800 Meters race In 3 minutes 45 seconds In 4 min 45 seconds
c. Long Jump 3.5 Meters (3 chances) 3.0 Meters (3 chances)
d. shot-put (7.26 kgs) 4.5 meters —
Note: Pregnancy at the time of PET will be a disqualification and pregnant female candidate will be rejected.
3. Interview/ Personality Test: Candidates who are declared qualified in the Medical Standards Tests, will be called for Interview/Personality Test to be conducted by Union Public Service Commission. Candidates who are declared medically unfit but allowed to appear before the “Review Medical Board” on their appeal by the Appellate Authority will be called for Interview/ Personality Tests provisionally. Candidates who are short-listed for Interview/ Personality Test, including those short-listed for Interview/ Personality Test provisionally will be issued a Detailed Application Form (DAF) in which among other things, they will be required to indicate their preference of Forces. Interview/ Personality Test will carry 150 Marks.
4. Final Selection/ Merit: The merit list will be drawn on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates in the Written Examination and Interview/ Personality Test.