UGC NET Preparation Tips 2020: Exam time is the most stressful time for students as they face too much mental pressure of qualifying the exam with good scores.
The candidates who are preparing for UGC NET must also be looking for preparation tips to get motivated and encouraged in achieving UGC NET Scorecard.
Eduncle has come up with ‘10 tips’ to boost your UGC NET Exam Preparation.
UGC NET Preparation Tips 2020- 10 Tips to Crack UGC-NET Exam
The online exam of NTA UGC NET 2020 will be conducted soon. Candidates have approximately 1.5 months to prepare for this exam. So, here are some tips by experts on how to prepare for UGC NET 2020 in 1.5 months. Candidates are advised to read this article thoroughly in order to understand how they must utilize their time before the exam and prepare for UGC NET Exam in 1.5 months.
We have covered the tips to crack Paper-I as well as Paper-II of UGC NTA NET below.
How to Prepare for NTA UGC NET?
As per the circular available on NTA official site, the UGC NET examination would be conducting soon. Given the time left before the exam, you must first identify how to utilize your time efficiently and which study resources should be used. Let us now have a look at some important tips which are crucial to the preparation of UGC NET Exam in the 45-day time frame.
1. Know about the Exam Pattern:
(2 marks each)
|Number of Questions||Pattern||Duration|
|I||100||50||This paper intends to assess the candidate’s research/teaching aptitude. It will also be designed to assess your comprehension skills, reasoning ability, and basic general awareness of politics, geography and other related fields. All the questions of Paper–I will be mandatory.||3 hours
Shift I: (9.30 am to 12.30 am)
Shift II: (2.30 pm to 5.30 pm)
|II||200||100||This paper intends to assess the knowledge of the subject chosen by the candidate. All the questions of Paper–II will be mandatory.|
2. Go through the entire syllabus:
- Read the syllabus once.
- Analyze which sections seem to be easy and which are tough so that you can allocate your time accordingly, in both the papers I and II.
3. Time Allocation:
- You have approximately 30 days to prepare for the exam, so, it is imperative to divide your time to ensure that you give proper coverage to your learning time, revision time as well as solving previous years papers and mock tests.
- Allocation of time varies for different individuals, however, for reference, we have shared an ideal study plan for UGC NET exam, which would enable students to make most of the time at hand.
4. Books to refer:
- You can buy any one of the books mentioned here: Trueman/Arihant Experts/KVS Madaan/Upkar.
- In addition to these mentioned books, you can also refer to post-graduation action books covering the important concepts (relevant for Paper-II) in detail.
- Apart from books, YouTube videos can also be viewed to gather more information on a particular topic.
5. Solve previous years papers:
- Solved Previous Years Papers of UGC NET are available at Gradeup.
- One should try to solve at least 5 papers. The analysis of solved papers is quite crucial.
- This analysis will not only help students understand their weak areas but will also help them to identify the commonly asked questions/ topics, which can be studied accordingly.
6. Practice Online Mock-Test:
- For the first time, the UGC NET exam would be conducted online. So, try to take as many as online mock tests.
- These tests will familiarise students with the actual mode of the exam and will help them to get comfortable with the new pattern.
- It is recommended to attempt/solve at least 10-12 mock tests. You can attempt these test during the last 10 days of your preparation. (1-2 test daily)
Make short notes during preparation or highlight the important points in the book to save time.
7. Stay Updated
Keep yourself updated with the current affairs and recent news about the UGC NET Exam. And most importantly candidates should have complete knowledge about their concerned UGC NET Subject. UGC NET Notifications and UGC NET News stories may help you to keep yourself updated.
8. Revision and Self Analysis
Revision is a procedure to refine what you have prepared for exams. So make it your habit to revise daily what you have learned. Start your revision early so that you can perform very well in the exam.
Read your notes for quick revision before exams.
9. Don’t act like a book worm
Being a bookworm can’t make you achieve a good score in the UGC NET Exam. Maintain breaks after spending some time on studies. Don’t isolate yourself from family and friends otherwise.
Be relaxed, eat well and also plan some other activities which can keep you stress-free.
10. Boost your Confidence Level
It’s normal to get nervous before exams but test anxiety can be decreased by thorough preparation. Knowing that you’ve done everything and you remember it can boost up your confidence level.
45-day Study Plan for Paper-1
Since only 1 month is left before the exam of UGC-NET, we have framed an ideal preparation plan for your reference, making sure that it will cover the entire syllabus for Paper-1. You can follow this one or create a new one for yourself as per your convenience.
|DAY||Topics to be covered||Difficulty Level of topic||Time to be allocated|
|Day 1||Teaching Aptitude – General topic||Medium||3-4 hrs|
|Day 2||Research Aptitude: Focus should be on concept clarity||Medium||4-5 hrs|
|Day 3||Reading Comprehension: Practice is the key. Try to practice 5-6 comprehension.
||Very Easy||Maximum 1 Hr|
|Day 4||Communication – Understand the concepts||Easy||2-3 hrs|
|Day 5||Reasoning (Including Mathematical): Understand the tricks and practise a lot
|Day 6||Logical Reasoning: Concept clarity||Medium||4-5 hrs|
|Day 7||Data Interpretation: Solve at least 4-5 DI sets. Understand the tricks to solve in less time.||Easy-Medium||2 hrs|
|Day 9||People and Environment – General awareness about the related topic plus the basic concepts||Medium||4-5 hrs|
|Day 10||Higher Education System: Governance, Police And Administration (first half)||Medium||3-4 hrs|
|Day 11||Higher Education System: Governance, Policy And Administration (second half)||Medium||3-4 hrs|
|Day 12||Revision of topics||——||4-5 hrs|
||——||2-3 hrs ( Solving time + analysis time)|
The competition is very intense. In order to stand out among all the applicants, one has to put in a lot of effort. The more efforts you put in, the better the results will be. So, give your best in these days before the exam to crack it with a good score.
Keeping in mind the need for aspirants, Gradeup has launched the Mock Test series for UGC NET June 2020 Exam.