UGC NET Exam Pattern 2020: Know Marking Scheme & Exam Duration
UGC NET is a national level exam conducted by NTA on behalf of the University Grants Commission to certify the eligibility of candidates for the post of ‘Assistant Professor’ or ‘Junior Research Fellowship’. NTA will conduct UGC NET 2020 from June 15 – 20, 2020 in online mode.
Latest: The last date of submission of NTA UGC NET 2020 application form has been extended up to June 15, 2020. Apply through the link given below.
UGC NET comprises two papers – Paper 1 and Paper 2 which will be held consecutively without any break. The total duration of the exam is 3 hours. Candidates are free to devote any amount of time to any paper. Paper 1 and Paper 2 will have 50 and 100 multiple choice questions respectively.
Each correct answer will award you 2 marks. There will be no negative marking in the exam. Syllabus for Paper 1 and all 81 NET subjects of Paper 2 have been revised in 2019 and for this year no changes are expected to be made in the syllabus. Candidates can read the article below to know more about the exam pattern.
UGC NET 2020 Exam Pattern Details
UGC NET has been conducted by the National Testing Agency in the following pattern:
UGC NET: Mode of Exam
- UGC NET will be conducted in Online mode.
- Each candidate will be allocated a desktop with a pre-installed software specially created for the examination.
- Make sure to check that the system and the mouse is working properly before the exam commences.
Nature of Questions in UGC NET Exam
- The questions in both the papers will be objective in nature.
- This means all the questions in UGC NET June 2020 will be of Multiple Choice type (MCQs).
- The question will have 4 options, candidates must select the most appropriate answer.
Total Number of Questions in UGC NET 2020
- UGC NET 2020 will have a total of 150 multiple-choice questions.
- Paper 1 will have 50 questions and Paper 2 will have 100 questions.
- There is No Restriction to move to and fro among the Papers.
- All the questions are compulsory to attempt.
The table below shows the exam pattern of Paper 1 and Paper 2:
|UGC NET Paper||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|Paper 1||50||100||Cumulative time duration of 3 hours.
Shift 1: 9.30 AM – 12.30 PM
Shift 2: 2.30 PM – 5.30 PM
|Total||150 MCQs||300 Marks||180 minutes|
UGC NET Marking Scheme 2020
- A uniform marking scheme is followed in the exam i.e. for both Paper 1 and 2, each correct answer will fetch you 2 marks.
- As per the revised exam pattern of UGC NET exam, there is no negative marking for incorrect answer.
- Hence, instead of skipping a question, one can use their calculated guess and mark the answer.
The updated marking scheme of UGC NET is given below:
|Type of Answer||Marks Allotted|
|Correct Answer||2 marks|
|Incorrect Answer||0 mark|
|No Answer||0 mark|
UGC NET Exam Pattern: Important Date
UGC NET June 2020 Exam
Online Application and Registration Date
16th March 2020 to 31st May 2020 (5:00 PM)
Downloading of Admit Cards
Postponed (Previously 18 April to 24 April 2020)
UGC NET June 2020 Exam Dates
|Previously 15th June 2020 to 20th June 2020|
Date for announcing results
5th July 2020 (Postponed)