In this article
- Top Current Affairs of August 2016
- Current Affairs of 1 August 2016 Monday
- Current Affairs of 2 August 2016 Tuesday
- Current Affairs of 3 August 2016 Wednesday
- Current Affairs of 4 August 2016 Thursday
- Current Affairs of 5 August 2016 Friday
- Current Affairs of 6 August 2016 Saturday
- Current Affairs of 7 August 2016 Sunday
- Current Affairs of 8 August 2016 Monday
- Current Affairs of 9 August 2016 Tuesday
- Current Affairs of 10 August 2016 Wednesday
- Current Affairs of 11 August 2016 Thursday
- Current Affairs of 12 August 2016 Friday
- Current Affairs of 13 August 2016 Saturday.
- Current Affairs of 14 August 2016 Sunday
- Current Affairs of 15 August 2016 Monday
- Current Affairs of 16 August 2016 Tuesday
- Current Affairs of 17 August 2016 Wednesday
- Current Affairs of 18 August 2016 Thursday
- Current Affairs of 19 August 2016 Friday
- Current Affairs of 20 August 2016 Saturday
- Current Affairs of 21 August 2016 Sunday
- Current Affairs of 22 August 2016 Monday
- Current Affairs of 23 August 2016 Tuesday
- Current Affairs of 24 August 2016 Wednesday
- Current Affairs of 25 August 2016 Thursday
- Current Affairs of 26 August 2016 Friday
- Current Affairs of 27 August 2016 Saturday
- Current Affairs of 28 August 2016 Sunday
- Current Affairs of 29 August 2016 Monday
- Current Affairs of 30 August 2016 Tuesday
- Current Affairs of 31 August 2016 Wednesday
Top Current Affairs of August 2016
Friends this is it regarding Top Current Affairs of August 2016. We will update monthly current affairs capsule like this every month.If you have any suggestion or query, kindly post it in the comments section.
Current Affairs of 1 August 2016 Monday
- Union Government constitutes “DISHA” or timely implementation of Central Schemes –
- Madras HC will be now called as Tamil Nadu HC.
- Maiden Agartala to Delhi broad gauge train service launched by Railway Ministry.
- Patna Pirates won 4th season of Pro Kabaddi League.
- 2016 F1 German Grand Prix won by Lewis Hamilton.
- Tokyo elected Yuriko Koike as first female governor.
Current Affairs of 2 August 2016 Tuesday
- Anant Maheshwari named as President of Microsoft India.
- Indian Medical Council (Amendment) Bill, 2016 passed by Parliament.
- Book titled “R D Burmania: Panchamemoirs” authored by Chaitanya Padukone released.
- 2016 PEN/Heim Translation Fund Grants won by Anita Gopalan.
- Rani Singh Nair appointed as Chairman of CBDT.
Current Affairs of 3 August 2016 Wednesday
- West Bengal Cabinet cleared proposal to rename the state as Bengal.
- China to carry out first human gene editing trial for lung cancer.
- Angela Ruggiero appointed as a Head of IOC Athletes’ Commission.
- 7th meeting of SAARC Immigration Authorities held in Islamabad.
- Scientists developed mechanism to recycle Carbon di Oxide into usable fuel.
Current Affairs of 4 August 2016 Thursday
- Motor Vehicle (Amendment) Bill, 2016 approved by Union Cabinet.
- Nimesh Kampani resigned as Managing Director of JM Financial Ltd.
- Shubha Mudgal is selected for Rajiv Gandhi National Sadbhavana Award.
- Aadhaar-linked e-Signature facility launched to Digitise Documents.
Current Affairs of 5 August 2016 Friday
- Tarun Ramadorai Committee on Household Finance constituted by RBI.
- Nita Ambani became the first Indian woman IOC member.
- Youssef Chahed appointed as a Prime Minister of Tunisia.
- D K Gayen assumed charge as the General Manager of East Central Railway.
- IOC agreed to add five sports in 2020 Tokyo Olympics.
Current Affairs of 6 August 2016 Saturday
- Union Government launches “MAA” a nation-wide programme for promoting breastfeeding.
- The grand ceremony of 2016 Rio Olympics held in Maracana Stadium, Brazil.
- Union Government aims to roll out GST from April 1, 2017.
- World Breastfeeding Week 2016 observed from 1st to 7th August.
- Gujarat HC quashed state government notification for EBC Quota.
Current Affairs of 7 August 2016 Sunday
- Water Resources Information System launched by Telangana.
- China launched “Tiantong-01” its first satellite for mobile telecommunication.
- 2nd National Handloom Day observed across the country.
- The Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) signed an MoU with IIT Kanpur.
Current Affairs of 8 August 2016 Monday
- Manish Tandon appointed as CEO of CSS Corp.
- Odisha government launched Baristha Bunakar Sahayata Yojana.
- Justice Katju said Lodha Committee recommendations on BCCI reforms are unconstitutional and illegal.
- PM Narendra Modi launched Mission Bhagiratha scheme in Telangana.
- Gymnast Dipa Karmakar became first Indian to qualify for Vault Finals.
- Union Government launched Swachh Survekshan-2017 project to assess 500 cities.
Current Affairs of 9 August 2016 Tuesday
- Sandeep Kumar appointed as Transport Commissioner of Delhi.
- Former RBI Deputy Governor Anand Sinha appointed to the IDFC Bank Board.
- International Day of the World’s Indigenous People observed on August 9.
- Mental Health Care Bill, 2013 passed by Rajya Sabha.
- Katie Ledecky set world record to win gold in 400m freestyle.
- Wildlife Institute of India to house India’s first tiger repository.
Current Affairs of 10 August 2016 Wednesday
- Irom Sharmila ended 16-year-long fast.
- Judoka Silva won first gold for host country Brazil in Rio Olympics.
- Dinesh Kumar Khara appointed as Managing Director of SBI.
- Steps taken by Government to protect Protected Species in India.
- Pawan Munjal reappointed as CMD and CEO of Hero MotoCorp.
Current Affairs of 11 August 2016 Thursday
- Employee’s Compensation (Amendment) Bill 2016 passed by Lok Sabha.
- China launched Gaofen-3 Satellite to get accurate images of earth.
- Kazakhstan’s Nijat Rahimov wons men’s 77kg weightlifting gold at Rio Olympics.
- Rhino horn verification process began in Assam.
- M S Subbulakshmi to be honoured by A R Rahman at UN on Independence Day.
- NITI Aayog aayog tied up with US EIA to set up portal on energy data.
Current Affairs of 12 August 2016 Friday
- Maternity Benefits (Amendment) Bill, 2016 passed by Rajya Sabha.
- Assam became first state to ratify The Constitution (122nd Amendment) (GST) Bill, 2014.
- Microsoft appoints Sriram Rajamani as MD of India Research Lab.
- Union Government launches data bank portal of MSMEs.
- Michael Phelps became first swimmer to win four consecutive golds in same event.
- Construction of over 37000 houses for urban poor approved by HUPA.
Current Affairs of 13 August 2016 Saturday.
- Odisha state government made Aadhar Card mandatory for procurement of paddy.
- China’s Ma Long becomes fifth male Grand Slam winner at Rio Olympics.
- Nagaland state government to grant 33% reservation to women in Urban Local Bodies.
- Novel drug compound inhibiting skin cancer discovered by NCCS Study.
Current Affairs of 14 August 2016 Sunday
- As per NASA study, Venus planet may have been habitable once.
- Tripartite Agreement inked between India, Sri Lanka & China
- Pramukh Swami, Spiritual Guru passed away.
- Nagaland to Grant 33% Reservation to women.
- Nano Credit launched by Axis Bank.
Current Affairs of 15 August 2016 Monday
- Pathankot NSG Martyr got Shaurya Chakra and Hangpan Dada Honoured with Ashok Chakra
- Assam Government startred Rhino Horn Verification Process.
- 1st BIO-CNG Project inaugurated in Pune.
- USA won 1,000th Olympic Gold Medal.
- Rail Budget merged with the General Budget.
Current Affairs of 16 August 2016 Tuesday
- India’s first Nuclear Suppliers’ Insurance Policy unveiled by INIP.
- Ruth Jebet won gold in 3000m steeplechase at Rio Olympics.
- World’s first Quantum Communication Satellite launched by China.
- Hindustan Copper Limited inaugurated nickel production facility in Ghatsila.
- Italy’s Elia Viviani won gold in Men’s Omnium at Rio Olympics.
- First National Conference of Investigating Agencies concluded in New Delhi.
Current Affairs of 17 August 2016 Wednesday
- Najma Heptullah appointed as Governor of Manipur.
- First SAARC Youth Parliamentarians Conference begins in Islamabad.
- A R Rahman honoured with Tamil Ratna Award.
- CLRI scientist P Shanmugam awarded with APJ Abdul Kalam Award.
- India’s first bio-CNG plant inaugurated in Pune.
- Union Government launched Smart Ganga City Scheme in 10 cities.
Current Affairs of 18 August 2016 Thursday
- Wrestler Sakshi Malik won first Medal for India at Rio Olympics.
- Los Cabos Open Men’s Doubles title lifted by Purav Raja and Divij Sharan.
- Airlander 10, World’s biggest aircraft made maiden voyage in Britain.
- Assam Amusements and Betting Tax (Amendment) Bill, 2016 passed by Assam Assembly.
Current Affairs of 19 August 2016 Friday
- Merger of 5 associate banks, BMB with itself approved by SBI Board.
- TARANG, e-Trans & DEEP to enhance transparency in power sector launched by Union Government.
- Court of Arbitration for Sport suspended wrestler Narsingh Yadav for four years.
- Maharashtra launched India’s first Crime Criminal Tracking Network System.
Current Affairs of 20 August 2016 Saturday
- Usain Bolt won his ninth Olympic gold.
- 9th Edition of Global Innovation Index 2016 released.
- India’s P V Sindhu won silver medal at 2016 Rio Olympics.
- World Humanitarian Day observed with theme One Humanity.
- BRICS women Parliamentarian’s forum began in Jaipur.
Current Affairs of 21 August 2016 Sunday
- Germany won gold in women’s football event at Rio Olympics.
- Chinese scientists discovered XMU-MP-1 molecule to repair organs.
- Gymnothorax indicus, new species of eel found in Bay of Bengal.
- Myanmar to support China’s OBOR, BCIM initiatives
Current Affairs of 22 August 2016 Monday
- Summer Olympics 2016 concluded at Rio de Janeiro.
- Urjit R Patel appointed as 24th Governor of Reserve Bank of India.
- Former international umpire Subrata Banerjee died recently.
- Name the actor who is chosen for France’s Chevalier de L’Ordre Arts et Lettres.
- N Ramachandran, IOA Chief bestowed with the Olympic Order award.
Current Affairs of 23 August 2016 Tuesday
- Maharashtra became first state to draft law for internal security.
- Gujarat to host 2016 Kabaddi World Cup.
- India & Germany signed an agreement on vocational training.
- Jagdish Mukhi sworn in as Lieutenant Governor of Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
- India won four-match Test Series against West Indies.
- V P Singh Badnore sworn in as Governor of Punjab.
Current Affairs of 24 August 2016 Wednesday
- Andhra Pradesh launched DNA Index System to tackle crime.
- Sania Mirza became World No 1 in ATP Women’s Doubles Tennis Rankings.
- Maharashtra became first state to sign MoU with Centre, AAI to develop 10 airports under RCS.
- India stood at 7th position in the New World Wealth Report 2016.
- Maharashtra & Telangana states ink pact for 3 irrigation projects.
- Reliance Cement becomes subsidiary of Birla Corporation Limited.
Current Affairs of 25 August 2016 Thursday
- Sakshi Malik named as brand ambassador for Beti Bachao, Beti Padao campaign in Haryana.
- E-library named Sugamya Pustakalaya launched by Union Govt for Persons with print Disabilities.
- Introduction of Surrogacy (Regulation) Bill, 2016 approved by Union Govt.
- Former Governor Akhlaq Ur Rahman Kidwai passed away.
- US Postal Service honoured Indian Festival Diwali with a Forever Stamp.
Current Affairs of 26 August 2016 Friday
- RBI asks banks to extend loans to women SHGs at 7% rate.
- Abhinav Bindra to Head NRAI Review Committee on Rio Debacle.
- World’s first self-driving taxis launched in Singapore.
- South India’s first Children’s Court inaugurated in Hyderabad.
- Sixth Annual List of The World’s Most Innovative Companies 2016 released by Forbes.
- Nine breeds of livestock and poultry registered with NBAGR.
Current Affairs of 27 August 2016 Saturday
- Task Force to prepare action Plan for next three Olympics Games announced by PM Narendra Modi.
- Tillakaratne Dilshan announced retirement from International Cricket.
- Union Minister Maneka Gandhi launched POCSO e-box.
- Scientists of Japan detected rare deep-Earth tremor S wave microseism.
Current Affairs of 28 August 2016 Sunday
- Philippine government, communist rebels signed Ceasefire Deal.
- Bombay High Court allowed entry of women inside Haji Ali Dargah.
- Sachin Tendulkar gave BMW to Rio Olympics medallist PV Sindhu and Sakshi Malik. and also to Dipa Karmakar and Pullela Gopichand.
- Food regulator FSSAI proposed new standards for frozen vegetables and processed fruit products.
Current Affairs of 29 August 2016 Monday
- Successful test launch of scramjet engine conducted by ISRO.
- International Day Against Nuclear Tests observed globally on 29th August 2016.
- Mukesh Mehta appointed as President of India Bullion and Jewellers Association.
- NASA’s Juno probe completed first Jupiter Flyby.
- Mumbai-Nagpur Super Communication Expressway project unveiled by Maharashtra Government.
- National Sports Day celebrated on 29 August.
Current Affairs of 30 August 2016 Tuesday
- Madhukar Gupta Committee on border protection submitted report to MHA.
- 2016 Belgian Grand Prix won by Nico Rosberg.
- Padma Sachdev, author got Saraswati Samman for year 2015.
- India, US signed LEMOA (Logistics Exchange Memorandum of Agreement).
- India and Myanmar signed four agreements to boost bilateral cooperation.
Current Affairs of 31 August 2016 Wednesday
- Dissolution of Central Inland Water Transport Corporation Limited approved by Union Cabinet.
- MoUD and Amar Chitra Katha signed MoU to publish and distribute comic book on Swachh Bharat Mission.
- Gujarat became first state to distribute 2 crore LED Bulbs under UJALA.
- Aishwaryaa R Dhanush appointed as UN Women’s Advocate for Gender Equality and Women’s Empowerment in India.
- CRPF decided to appoint P V Sindhu as Commandant and brand ambassador.
Friends this is it for top Current Affairs of August 2016.
- Top Current Affairs May 2016
- Top Current Affairs June 2016
- Top Current Affairs July 2016
- Upcoming Government Job Exams of 2016