Top Current Affairs July 2016
Friends this is it regarding Top Current Affairs July 2016. We will update monthly current affairs capsule like this every month.If you have any suggestion or query, kindly post it in the comments section.
Current Affairs of 1 July 2016 Friday
- Indigenously built LCA, Tejas inducted in IAF –
- Heavyweight Torpedo, Varunastra inducted by Indian Navy.
- Rodrigo Duterte sworned in as new president of Philippines.
- Supreme Court ruled that Lesbians, gays and bisexuals are not third gender.
- Teacher education portal, Prashikshak launched by Union HRD Ministry.
- National Doctors Day 2016 was observed in India on – 1st July 2016
Current Affairs of 2 July 2016 Saturday
- Punjab launched Rapid Rural Police Response System.
- President Pranab Mukherjee presented B C Roy National Awards.
- Fast Attack Craft, INS Tarasa launched by Indian navy.
- The State Bank of India (SBI) sold five per cent stake in the National Stock Exchange (NSE) to Mauritius-based Veracity Investments.
- Ravi Shastri resigned from his post as media representative in ICC’s prestigious Cricket Committee.
- The Sports Ministry granted recognition to Paralympic Committee of India(PCI).
- The 2nd BRICS Youth Summit started in Guwahati.
Current Affairs of 3 July 2016 Sunday
- For solar photovoltaic, projects SBI has inked agreements with the World Bank for a $625 million.
- Saudi Arabia became Associate Member of ICC.
- Indrajit Coomaraswamy became new Governor of the Central Bank of Sri Lanka.
- JPMorgan Chase & Co.will open three branches in India in New Delhi, Devanahalli (near Bengaluru) &Paranur (near Chennai).
- Reliance Industries & SBI signed agreement to set up the payments bank by joint venture.
- Chennai-based Equitas Holdings got licence from the RBI to start small finance bank (SFB).
Current Affairs of 4 July 2016 Monday
- B Sai Praneeth won 2016 Canada Open Grand Prix Badminton Men’s Singles title.
- Former French Prime Minister Michel Rocard died.
- Haryana to develop new Industrial Township at an expense of $5 billion.
- BRICS Working Group Meeting on Energy Saving and Energy Efficiency began in Visakhapatnam
- ICC relaxed Decision Review System for LBWs.
- Electronic Cigarettes to be banned by Kerala government.
- Rapid Rural Police Response System launched by Punjab Government.
- Gurpreet Singh Sandhu became first Indian to play in Europa League.
Current Affairs of 5 July 2016 Tuesday
- NASA’s Juno spacecraft successfully began orbit of Jupiter.
- 19 new Ministers of State inducted in Union council of Ministers.
- Para swimmer Niranjan Mukundan wins eight medals in IWAS World Games.
- Logistic Performance Index 2016 released by World Bank.
- MV Dhekane takes over as Director of IISU.
- Hero MotoCorp inked 3-year wage agreement with Gurgaon Workers.
Current Affairs of 6 July 2016 Wednesday
- R Thiruppathi Venkatasamy appointed as Accountant General of Tamil Nadu.
- Union Cabinet approves Interest Subvention Scheme for Farmers.
- Aditya Birla Fashion acquired global clothing brand Forever 21.
- SC appointed Green Panel recommends high pollution cess of 20-22% on Diesel Vehicles.
- Union Cabinet approved National Apprenticeship Promotion Scheme.
Current Affairs of 7 July 2016 Thursday
- Dipa Karmakar named as World Class Gymnast by International Gymnastics Federation.
- National Green Highways Mission launched by Union Government.
- Deepak Singhal appointed as the Chief Secretary of Uttar Pradesh.
- Social media banking platform SBI Mingle launched by SBI.
- Myspeed App to measure real time mobile internet speed launched by TRAI.
Current Affairs of 8 July 2016 Friday
- India and Mozambique signed MoUs on drug trafficking, pulse trading & sports.
- Google acquired Paris-based startup Moodstocks.
- BRICS drug control meeting begins in New Delhi.
- India’s first Centre of Excellence on Internet of Things is unveiled by NASSCOM.
Current Affairs of 9 July 2016 Saturday
- Kerala Govt state govt proposed 14.5 per cent fat tax on junk food.
- India inked MoU’s in four areas of cooperation with South Africa.
- Kevin Turner resigned as Chief Operating Officer of Microsoft.
- Noted Pakistani philanthropist Abdul Sattar passed away.
Current Affairs of 10 July 2016 Sunday
- NATO Summit 2016 concluded in Warsaw.
- Football cup Euro 2016 won by Portugal.
- Wimbledon cup won by Andy Murray.
- BRICS had its 2nd Anti-Drug Working Group meeting of Heads of Drug Control Agencies.
Current Affairs of 11 July 2016 Monday
- Sushila Karki became Nepal’s first woman Chief Justice.
- Kudankulam nuclear power plant attained critical Status.
- India, Tanzania signed Five bilateral agreements.
- NBAGR conferred rare and singular species genetic recognition tag to Kendrapara Sheep.
- Lewis Hamilton won the title 2016 British Grand Prix.
Current Affairs of 12 July 2016 Tuesday
- Six more Indians qualified for Rio Olympics.
- India and Kenya signed seven agreements to deepen cooperation.
- Sanjay Gupta appointed as CMD of Konkan Railway Corporation Limited.
- India’s first Centre of Excellence on Internet of Things launched in Bengaluru.
- President conferred 51st Jnanpith Award to Dr. Raghuveer Chaudhari.
Current Affairs of 13 July 2016 Wednesday
- Test, ODI, and T20I Rankings were released by ICC.
- Forbes released the list of World’s Highest-Paid Celebrities of 2016.
- Permanent Court of Arbitration ruled in favor of The Philippines on South China Sea.
- SBI inks MoU with which IIT Bombay to promote fintech start-ups.
- India & Bangladesh signed deal for construction of coal fired power plant.
Current Affairs of 14 July 2016 Thursday
- Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana approved by Union Cabinet.
- Sankat Mochan operation launched to evacuate Indian citizens from South Sudan.
- Ashok Patnaik appointed as CEO of NATGRID.
- Theresa May appointed as Prime Minister of United Kingdom.
- India-born Kinshuk appointed as Dean of University of North Texas College of Information.
Current Affairs of 15 July 2016 Friday
- India, ADB sign 100 Million US dollar loan agreement for Cauvery Delta project in Tamil Nadu.
- 11th ASEM summit began in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia.
- RBI set up Sudarshan Sen-headed Inter-regulatory Working Group on Fin Tech and Digital Banking.
- Fide Women’s Grand Prix trophy won by Harika Dronavalli.
- World Youth Skills Day was observed globally on 15 July 2016.
- Rakesh Kumar Chaturvedi appointed as Chairman of CBSE.
Current Affairs of 16 July 2016 Saturday
- Tata Advanced Systems signs deal with Bell Helicopter.
- Ramayana Month month began in Kerala.
- Nalanda Mahavihara university enters UNESCO’s World Heritage Site list.
- Madhya Pradesh became the first state to approve setting up of Happiness Department.
Current Affairs of 17 July 2016 Sunday
- Pema Khandu sworned in as new Chief Minister of Arunachal Pradesh.
- Yatra Online acquired by Terrapin 3 Acquisition Corporation for $218 mn.
- Boxer Vijender Singh clinched the WBO Asia Pacific Super Middleweight title with a win over Kerry Hope.
- A court in Andheri issued non bailable warrant against Vijay Mallya in cheque bouncing case.
- SEBI directed clearing corporations not to accept fixed deposit receipts (FDRs) from banks as ‘collateral’
Current Affairs of 18 July 2016 Monday
- Guruprasad Mohapatra appointed as Chairman of Airports Authority of India.
- Unmanned Dragon cargo capsule to International space station launched by – SpaceX
- Nelson Mandela International Day 2016 observed on 18th July.
- TRI-NETRA system developed for enhancing the vision of Locomotive Pilots in inclement weather.
- HCL Technologies appointed C. Vijaykumar as their Chief Operating Officer (COO).
Current Affairs of 19 July 2016 Tuesday
- India’s first e-court opened at Hyderabad High Court.
- Regional Centre for Biotechnology Bill, 2016 passed by Parliament.
- Malcolm Turnbull sworn in as Australia’s PM for another term.
- Report of 2015 Non-communicable Diseases Global Survey released by WHO.
- SC accepted Lodha panel recommendations on structural reforms in BCCI.
Current Affairs of 20 July 2016 Wednesday
- Mohammed Shahid won Indian hockey player recently passes away.
- Canada to conduct world’s first Zika vaccine test on humans.
- Child Labour (Prohibition and Regulation) Amendment Bill, 2012 passed by Rajya Sabha.
- Chennai’s Advay Ramesh wins which award from Asia – Google Community Impact Award
- Odisha government to celebrate bicentenary of 1817 Paika revolt.
Current Affairs of 21 July 2016 Thursday
- National Electoral Roll Purification 2016 launched by ECI.
- India and Japan inked Social Security Agreement.
- Transgender Persons (Protection of Rights) Bill, 2016 approved by Union Cabinet.
- Union Cabinet approved signing of Air Services Agreement between India and Mozambique.
- Genes of 6000 Year Old barley grains sequenced for first time.
Current Affairs of 22 July 2016 Friday
- Union Cabinet approved establishment of AIIMS at Gorakhpur.
- Kerala Government constituted State Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation.
- NDMC signed MoU with NEERI to develop sewage treatment plants.
- According to WMO, 2016 is set to be the world’s hottest year on record.
- Ajay Bhushan Pandey appointed as CEO of UIDAI.
- Indian companies ranked 7 on 2016 Fortune 500 lists.
- Lok Sabha passes Bill for new NIT in Andhra Pradesh.
Current Affairs of 23 July 2016 Saturday
- The successful completion of first test flight announced by Facebook Inc.
- Virat Kohli became first Indian captain to score double century outside India.
- Kerala Tourism won Gold at PATA Awards.
- Ganesh Singh appointed Head of Joint Parliamentary Committee for Land Acquisition Bill.
- Narendra Modi and Sheikh Hasina inaugurated Petrapole Integrated Check Post.
Current Affairs of 24 July 2016 Sunday
- First ever Water Metro project in the country has been launched by Kerala Government.
- Annual electronic music festival Tomorrowland begins in Belgium.
- Department of Industrial Policy & Promotion organised Startup India States’ Conference in Delhi.
- Scientists to undertake field trials of Oil-degrading bacteria in Kochi.
- Neeraj Chopra became 1st Indian to set world record in Jr Athletics Championship.
Current Affairs of 25 July 2016 Monday
- Brazilian scientists identified another type of Zika-Transmitting Mosquito.
- Solar Power Tree for generation of electricity developed by CSIR-CMERI.
- Wrestler Narsingh Yadav failed dope Test. (Given Clean chit again on 1st August 2016)
- India’s first Green Rail Corridor launched in Tamil Nadu.
- Nepal PM KP Oli resigned ahead of a no-confidence vote.
- A Kanyakumari, became first woman violinist to receive Sangita Kalanidhi Award.
Current Affairs of 26 July 2016 Tuesday
- Flipkart acquires online fashion portal Jabong.
- Institutes of Technology (Amendment) Bill, 2016 passed by Lok Sabha.
- Budha Rashmi Mani appointed as Director General of National Museum.
- G-20 Finance Ministers pledged to boost Global Economy.
Current Affairs of 27 July 2016 Wednesday
- Ramon Magsaysay Award 2016 won by Bezwada Wilson, Thodur Madabusi Krishna
- India’s first Humboldt Penguins reached Mumbai’s Byculla Zoo.
- East Bengal to honour Milkha Singh with Bharat Gaurav Award.
- India-USjoint expedition discovered natural gas in Indian Ocean.
- India’s CSIR ranked World’s 12th Best Government Institute.
Current Affairs of 28 July 2016 Thursday
- Lokpal and Lokayukta (Amendment) Bill, 2016 passed by Lok Sabha.
- Union Cabinet approves setting up of AIIMS in Bhatinda.
- World Hepatitis Day observed with Elimination as its theme.
- Union Cabinet cleared changes to GST Bill and dropped 1% additional tax on inter-state.
- Muralitharan, Lohmann, Morris and Rolton inducted into Cricket Hall of Fame.
Current Affairs of 29 July 2016 Friday
- International Tiger Day observed on 29th July.
- Compensatory Afforestation Fund Bill, 2016 passed by Parliament.
- Madras Crocodile Bank Trust opened for public.
- T Nanda Kumar resigned as Chairman of National Dairy Development Board.
- IMD to use supercomputer to forecast monsoon with Dynamical Model.
Current Affairs of 30 July 2016 Saturday
- Srinivasan Swamy confered with Lifetime Achievement Award 2016 by AAAI.
- Maitree, Indo-Thailand joint Military Exercise conducted.
- United Nations World Day against Trafficking in Persons 2016 observed on30th July 2016.
- International Day of Friendship 2016 observed on 30th July 2016.
Current Affairs of 31 July 2016 Sunday
- Jharkhand Government to form separate cell for Primitive Tribes Group.
- Strategic Forces Command exempted from ambit of RTI.
- Satish Mathur appointed as DGP of Maharashtra Police.
- Pashudhan Bima Yojana yojana is launched in Haryana.
Friends this is it for top Current Affairs July 2016.
Download Free PDF