SSC Stenographer vs SSC CHSL. What is that makes lakhs of aspirants prepare for these exams. Every year more than 50 lakh candidates apply for these two exams. Both of them are among the biggest contributors in generating employment opportunities.
But which one out of these two you should choose? There is no concrete answer and it all depends on your perspective. Ask yourself as to what you like, what you want to do in your professional life and which field lures you.
SSC Stenographer vs SSC CHSL
If you still find it to be difficult, then no worries we are here for you.In this article, we will discuss about both these organisations in a sequential manner which is surely going to help you to find out the right examination (Read ‘career’) which you should go for!.
Let us now take a closer look at both the profiles:
SSC Stenographer vs SSC CHSL #1: Job Profile
SSC Stenographer: Job Profile
As a Stenographer, your work profile will depend upon where you are posted.
Stenographer Grade C are posted in Ministries/Departments of Central Government, located mostly in Delhi.
Stenographer Grade D are grouped as under:
- Group ‘X’ – For Departments of Central Government located mostly in Delhi.
- Group ‘Y’ – For Departments of Central Government including all over the country.
The duties and responsibilities you will be responsible for will be:
- Speech Writing
- Press Conference Briefings
- Assisting the Minister or Officer
- Helping in Public Relations
SSC CHSL: Job Profile
SSC-CHSL stands for Staff Selection Commission- Combined Higher Secondary Level, a nation wide exam gor conducting workers in Grade C and D. Your work profile will depned on what profile you are posted in which are:
- LDC (Lower Divisional Clerk).
- DEO (Data Entry Operator).
- Postal Assistant
You will be performing:
- multitasking jobs
- several tasks in the office.
SSC Stenographer vs SSC CHSL #2: Work Pressure
- Work pressure wise both the jobs are nearly the same.
- In SSC Stenographer, if you get grade C, you will be are posted in Ministries/Departments of Central Government and life will be easy. but if you are posted in Grade D life is comaritely more hectic.
- In SSC CHSL, if you get Postal Asst, life will not be that smooth as it is a 6 day week job with tough work, but if you get LDC and DEO, life will be better with 5 day week work.
SSC Stenographer vs SSC CHSL #3: Working hours
In SSC, you will have a proper work schedule. Daily you will be going in the morning and coming back to your home in the evening, no extra work hours and working in shifts.
SSC Stenographer vs SSC CHSL #4: Salary
- In SSC Stenographer, if you get Grade C, you will get 4200 grade pay and inhand salary of approx 30000. Ifyou get Grade D, your our grade pay will be 2400 and inhand salary of approx 20000.
- In SSC CHSL, if you get Postal Asst or DEO, you will get 2400 grade pay and inhand salary of approx 24000. If you get LDC, your grade pay will be 1900 and inhand salary of approx 18000.In SSC CHSL, if you get Postal Asst or DEO, you will get 2400 grade pay and inhand salary of approx 24000.Ifyou get LDC, your grade pay will be 1900 and inhand salary of approx 18000.
- Thus we can say that the Salary of Stenographer Grade C is best out of the whole lot.
SSC Stenographer vs SSC CHSL # Final Verdict
Thus both have their own pros and cons. If you want better salary and good postings, you can opt for SSC Stenographer Grade C.
- SSC Stenographer Result 2015 Out: Download Your Result Here
- SSC Stenographer Job Profile, Salary and Career Path
- SSC Stenographer Exam Analysis Grade C and D Exam (2015- 2016)
- SSC Stenographer Syllabus and Books to Read
- SSC Stenographer Exam Pattern and Selection Procedure
- SSC Stenographer Cut Off
- SSC Stenographer Preparation Package
Want more comparisons? Checkout:
- Private Sector vs Government Jobs: An Analysis
- SSC CGL vs RRB NTPC
- SSC CGL vs IBPS PO
- SBI Clerk vs IBPS Clerk.
- Bank PO vs IT industry
- LIC AAO vs IBPS PO
- RRB NTPC vs IBPS PO
If you have any queries regarding SSC Stenographer or SSC CHSL, please ask them in the comments section below, we will be glad to answer them for you!