SSC Stenographer Skill Test is conducted by SSC for those candidates who qualify the Written Exam of SSC Stenographer Grade C and grade D.
The details of the Skill Test are as follows:
In this article
SSC Stenographer Skill Test:
You will be given a dictation for 10 minutes in either Hindi or English at the speed of:
- 80 words per minute (w.p.m.) for the post of Stenographer Grade D and
- 100 w.p.m. for the post of Stenographer Grade C.
Your work will be to transcript the dictated passage.
SSC Stenographer Skill Test Stage 1:
In this stage, you will be provided with a paper, and you have to write the dictated words in it. The speed will be high there you are advised to use Shorthand technique. The text that you write on this paper will again be used in Stage 2 of the Skill Test.
SSC Stenographer Skill Test Stage 2:
In this stage, you will be provided with a Computer, and you have to type the dictated words. Here you will have to write it from the paper where you made the shorthand notes.
SSC Stenographer Skill Test Pattern
The pattern for Grade C and Grade D is as follows:
SSC Stenographer Grade C Skill Test Pattern:
- English Skill Test: 40 minutes
- Hindi Skill Test: 55 Minutes
SSC Stenographer Grade D Skill Test Pattern:
- English Skill Test: 50 minutes
- Hindi Skill Test: 65 Minutes
Admissible Error Limit In SSC Steno Skill Test:
- UR(General): 5-7%
- OBC: 6-8%
- SC/ST: 7-10 %
Type of Errors In SSC Steno Skill Test:
Errors are classified into two types:
Full Errors in SSC Steno Skill Test:
- omission of a word or figure.
- substitution of a wrong word or figure.
- addition of a word or figure not occurring in the passage.
- Handwritten additions/corrections/insertions.
Half Errors in SSC Steno Skill Test:
- Spelling mistake.
- Using singular for plural noun and vice versa.
- Transposition of words/group of words in a sentence.
- Improper use of capital letters at the beginning of the sentence.
- Improper placement of the apostrophe in a word.
- Improper spacing between the words or in middle of a single words.
- Ambiguous over typing.
- Arbitrary and unfamiliar abbreviations.
SSC Stenography Test Important Points:
- The Skill Test is Qualifying in Nature only.
- The default medium of SSC Stenographer Skill Test is english (unless otherwise mentioned in the application form)
- The Stenography Test is mandatory for all categories.
- For VH candidates, the criteria are somewhat relaxed and they will be specified at the time of SKIll Test.
- SSC Stenographer 2015 result Out: check here
- SSC Stenographer Exam Analysis Grade C and D Exam (2015- 2016)
- SSC Stenographer Syllabus and Books to Read
- SSC Stenographer Exam Pattern and Selection Procedure
- SSC Stenographer (Grade C&D) Exam 2016 – Apply Online for Stenographer Posts.ssc.nic.in
- SSC Stenographer Cut Off 2016