Summary: SSC Stenographer (Grade C&D) Exam 2016 – Apply Online for Stenographer Posts.ssc.nic.in.SSC Stenographer Vacancy Details.Eligibility Criteria.Selection Process.Application Fee.SSC Stenographer Exam Pattern.SSC Stenographer Syllabus 2016.SSC Stenographer How to Apply.Important Dates.
SSC Stenographer (Grade C&D) Exam 2016 – Apply Online for Stenographer Posts.ssc.nic.in
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has published notification for the recruitment of Stenographer Grade C (Group B Non-Gazetted) & Stenographer Grade D (Group C Non-Gazetted) vacancies. Eligible candidates may apply online from 07-05-2016 to 03-06-2016 by 05:00 P.M.
SSC Stenographer Vacancy Details:
Name of the Examination: Stenographer (Grade C&D) Examination, 2016
Name of the Post:
1. Stenographer Grade “C” (Group “B” Non-Gazetted)
2. Stenographer Grade “D” (Group “C” Non-Gazetted)
SSC Stenographer Eligibility Criteria:
SSC Stenographer Age Limit:
- Minimum Age: 18 years.
- Maximum Age: 27 years. (Candidates born not before 02-08-1989 and not later than 01-08-1998).
- Relaxation of age will be applicable up to 05 years for SC/ ST, 03 years for OBC, 10 years for PWD candidates.
SSC Stenographer Educational Qualification:
- Candidates should have passed 12th Standard or equivalent from a recognized Board or University.
SSC Stenographer Selection Process:
Candidates will be selected based on
Written Test (200 marks, 0.25 negative marking for each wrong answer, 2 hours)(31st July)
- General Intelligence & Reasoning (50 Questions, 50 Marks)
- General Awareness (50 Questions, 50 Marks)
- English Language and Comprehension (100 Questions, 100 Marks)
SSC Stenographer Application Fee:
- For Women/SC/ST/PWD & Ex-Serviceman Candidates: No Fee.
- For All Others: Rs 100/-.
SSC Stenographer Exam Pattern:
Scheme of Examination: The Examination will consists of a Written examination and Skill Test in Stenography.
1.Written Examination Examination: Written examination will consists of Objective Type- Multiple choice questions only. The questions except in Part III will be set both in English & Hindi.
Details of Examination are given below:
|Total Duration /
Timing for Visually
|I||General Intelligence &
Reasoning ( 50 questions)
|2 hours 40
( 50 questions )
|III||English Language and
( 100 questions )
Note-I: There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer. Candidates are, therefore, advised to keep this in mind while answering the questions.
2. Skill Test in Stenography: The candidates who qualify in the written examination will have to appear for the stenography test. The candidates will be given one dictation for 10 minutes in English / Hindi at the speed of 100 w.p.m. for the post of Stenographer Grade -C‘ and 80 w.p.m. for the post of Stenographer Grade -D‘. The matter will have to be transcribed on computer only.
The transcription time is as follows:
For Stenographer Grade-D : 50 minutes ( English ); 65 minutes ( Hindi )
For Stenographer Grade -C: 40 minutes ( English ); 55 Minutes ( Hindi )
1. If the candidates do not indicate the medium of Stenography Test in Column No.14 of the Application Form, the Commission will consider English as the medium of Stenography Test for such candidates and the candidates will not be allowed to change the medium at a subsequent stage.
2.There is no exemption from skill test for any category of candidates.
SSC Stenographer Syllabus 2016:
The Staff Selection Commission Stenographer Grade C & D Exam Syllabus topics are enclosed below. The Topics covered in the Syllabus are
- General Intelligence & General Awareness.
- English Language & Comprehension.
Reasoning Syllabus 2016:
- Cubes and Dice.
- Blood Relations.
- Embedded Figures.
- Decision Making.
- Number Ranking.
- Alphabet Series.
- Number Series.
- Clocks & Calendars.
- Arithmetical Reasoning.
- Mirror Images.
- Non-Verbal Series.
General Awareness & General Intelligence Syllabus 2016:
- Non-verbal series.
- Coding and Decoding etc.
- Spatial Orientation.
- Visual Memory.
- Arithmetical Reasoning
- Current Events – National, International.
- Culture & Heritage of India.
- Geography of India.
- Similarities and Differences.
- Relationship concepts.
- General Politics.
- Spatial Visualization.
- Science & Technology.
- Figures Classification.
- Arithmetic Number Series.
- History of India.
- Indian Constitution.
- Social Events related to India etc.
English Language Syllabus 2016:
- Parts of Speech.
- Direct/Indirect Speech.
- Sentence Structure.
- Antonyms & Synonyms etc.
SSC Stenographer How to Apply:
Eligible candidates may apply online through the website www.ssconline.nic.in from07-05-2016 to 03-06-2016 by 05:00 P.M.
Instructions to Apply Online:
1. Before applying candidates should have valid e-mail & scanned copies of photograph, signature.
2. Log on through the website www.ssconline.nic.in
3. Click on “Examination” & Fill the form in 2 Parts (Part-I Registration, Part-II Registration).
4. In Part I Registration, Candidates have to fill basic information carefully.
5. After filling the Part-I, If there is no need to make any corrections then Click on “I agree” button. Thereafter no correction/ modification etc will be allowed.
6. Registration No will be generated, Note down the registration number or take out the print out of the page.
7. In Part II registration candidates have to enter the payment details, upload the photograph & scanned signature.
8. Those who are exempted from payment of fee can skip that entering those fields.
9. Fill all the details carefully & Submit the form.
10. Now take printout of online application for future use.
SSC Stenographer Important Dates:
- Starting Date for Submission of Online Application: 07/05/2016.
- Last Date for Submission of Online Application: 03/06/2016 (5.00 p.m.)
- Last Date for Payment of Application Fee: 06/06/2016.
- Date of Examination: 31/07/2016.
- Click here to See Official Notification
- Click here to Apply Online
- Click here for How to Apply
- Official Website: www.ssc.nic.in or www.ssconline.nic.in.
- Click here for Latest Government Jobs
- Click here to take Our Specially Designed Preparation Packages for SSC Stenographer Exam
- SSC Stenographer Exam Analysis Grade C and D Exam (2015- 2016)
- SSC Stenographer Syllabus and Books to Read
- SSC Stenographer Exam Pattern and Selection Procedure
- SSC Stenographer (Grade C&D) Exam 2016 – Apply Online for Stenographer Posts.ssc.nic.in
- SSC Stenographer Cut Off 2016