SSC JHT Syllabus 2020 – Check Junior Hindi Translator Syllabus for Paper 1 & 2
SSC JHT Syllabus 2020: Staff Selection Commission has released the SSC JHT Syllabus and Exam Pattern along with its official notification on 29th June 2020. The SSC JHT exam is conducted in two phases namely Paper 1 and Paper 2. Paper 1 will be conducted on 06th October 2020 while Paper II will be conducted on 31st January 2021. You can check the exam pattern and syllabus in the article. Before we discuss the SSC JHT Syllabus in detail, let us first look at the important dates of SSC JHT Notification 2020-21.
SSC JHT Syllabus 2020: Important Dates
|SSC JHT 2020-21 Notification|
|SSC JHT 2020 Notification||29th June 2020|
|Online Form submission Start||29th June 2020|
|Last Date to Apply Online for SSC JHT 2020||25th July 2020|
|Last date for generation of offline Challan||29th July 2020|
|Last date for payment through Challan
(during working hours of Bank)
|31st July 2020|
|Admit Card of Paper-I||September 2020|
|SSC JHT 2020 Paper-I||06th October 2020|
|Admit Card of Paper-II||January 2021|
|SSC JHT 2020 Paper-II||31st January 2021|
SSC JHT Syllabus 2020: Exam Pattern
SSC Junior Hindi Translator (JHT) Exam is conducted in both Hindi and English since checking the command of the candidate over their English and the Hindi language is the main criteria for this exam. The exam pattern of Paper-I and Paper-II Exam is given below:
Parts of Paper
Mode of Paper
Number of Questions/ Marks
|Computer-Based Test (CBT)||(i) General Hindi
(ii) General English
|(i) 100 Questions/ 100 Marks
(ii) 100 Questions/ 100 Marks
|Descriptive||Translation & Essay||200 Marks||2 Hours|
Marking Scheme Of SSC JHT 2020
- Paper I will consist of Multiple choice questions only (objective type).
- There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer in Paper I.
- Paper II shall be evaluated in respect of only those candidates, only who qualify in Paper I.
- The Commission may at its discretion, fix qualifying marks in Paper II.
SSC JHT Syllabus 2020: Exam Pattern of Paper I
The exam pattern of the paper I is given in the table. There will be two section of Hindi and English of 100 marks each. The exam will be of 2 hours. Candidates need to complete the whole paper in 2 hours. There will be negative marking of 0.25 march for each wrong answer marked. The questions will be designed to test the candidate understanding of the languages and literature.
|SSC JHT Paper||Sections||Number of Questions||Duration|
|Paper 1||General Hindi||100||A cumulative duration of 2 hours|
|Total||2 sections||200 Questions||2 hours|
SSC JHT Syllabus: Exam Pattern of Paper II
Those candidates who qualify the Paper I are going to appear for the Paper II of SSC JHT. Paper II consists of two sections i.e., Translation and Essay Writing. In the translation section there will be two questions of transition one will be for translate given passage from Hindi to English and vice versa. The Essay section will also have 2 questions. In this section candidate have to write 2 essays one in English and other in Hindi. There is a cumulative time of 2 hours for the whole exam.
|SSC JHT Paper||Sections||Number of Questions||Duration|
|Paper 2||Translation||2||A cumulative duration of 2 hours|
|Total||2 sections||4 Questions||2 hours|
SSC JHT Syllabus 2020: Paper I
Section I: General Hindi
Topics covered in Hindi Language Preparation:
- Grammatical Topics i.e. Samas, Sandhi, Kriya, Visheshan, etc
- Hindi Synonyms
- Hindi Paragraphs
- Hindi Proverbs
- Hindi Antonyms
- Hindi Phrases/ Muhavare,
- Hindi Comprehension,
- Knowledge of Hindi
Section II: General English
Topics covered in English Language Preparation:
- Fill in the Blanks
- Error Recognition
- Spelling Test
- Sentence Structure
- Sentence Completion
- Correct use of words
- Phrases and Idioms
SSC JHT Syllabus 2020: Paper II Syllabus
The paper will consist of:
- Two passages for translation one passage for translation from Hindi to English and one passage for translation from English to Hindi
- An Essay each in Hindi and English
Therefore, topics covered in Translation and Essay Exam will be:
- Paragraph Translation from Hindi to English
- Paragraph Translation from English to Hindi
- Essay in English
- Essay in Hindi
Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of their performance in Paper-I and Paper-II of the examination only. Allocation of candidates will be made to User Departments depending upon their merit position and the option exercised by them.
Best books for SSC JHT preparation
Candidates can refer to the following books for SSC Junior Hindi Translator preparation.
- Idioms, Phrases & Proverbs with Hindi Meanings by HS Bhatia
- General Hindi and Concise Grammar – An Indispensable Guide for all Competitive Exams by Dr Brij Kishore Prasad Singh
- Adhunik Hindi Vyakaran Aur Rachna (Hindi) by Dr. Vashudevnandan Prasad
- English Grammar Book by Wren and Martin
Read more on SSC JHT books
SSC JHT 2020 Preparation Tips
SSC JHT recruitment can be a good opportunity for those who have a good command over both Hindi and English Languages. Here are few preparation tips and tricks for SSC JHT exam:
- Before beginning with the preparation, candidates must analyse the detailed exam pattern and syllabus.
- For cracking the different phases of SSC JHT exam, candidates must start the preparation with a concrete study plan.
- Developing a daily reading habit can help you in many ways during the preparation of SSC JHT.
- Candidates must work hard on their Hindi & English Grammar rules and vocabulary usage
- Work on your translation skills
- Candidates must practice previous years’ question papers.
Read more on SSC JHT preparation tips
SSC JHT Syllabus 2020 FAQ’s
Q 1. How many Paper are there in SSC JHT.?
Ans. There are two Papers in SSC JHT.
Q 2. What is the selection procedure for SSC JHT.?
Ans. The SSC JHT will be held in two stages: Tier I and Tier II. The candidates will have to clear each stage to be eligible to be appointed as an Translator.
Q 3. What is the syllabus of SSC JHT Paper I.?
Ans. SSC JHT Paper I consists of two subjects Hindi and English check syllabus in the article.
Q 4. What is the syllabus of SSC JHT Paper II.?
Ans. There is no defined syllabus of SSC JHT Paper II. Candidates must have the knowledge of Paper I and Paper II.
Q 5. Is there any negative marking for SSC JHT.?
Ans. Yes, there is negative marking of 0.25 marks for every wrong answer in SSC JHT 2020