SSC JHT Preparation Tips 2020 – Preparation Tips, Strategy, Best Books and Study Materials
SSC JHT Preparation Tips : SSC Junior Hindi Translator (JHT) Exam is conducted in both Hindi & English since checking the command of the candidate over their English and the Hindi language is the main criteria for this exam. The Exam consists of two papers. Paper I is of computer based objective type exam. Paper II will be in descriptive type. SSC conducts JHT exam at national level, so heavy competition will be there. In order to succeed in the exam, SSC JHT 2020 Preparation is very essential. Only proper study plan can make the candidates to perform well in the exam. With regard to preparation, we have articulated SSC JHT Preparation 2020 tips in an elaborate manner.
SSC JHT Preparation Tips 2020
Analyze the exam pattern and syllabus:
Candidates are advised to go through detailed exam pattern and syllabus. This will help candidates to understand the structure of the exam. The exam consists of two papers: Paper I (Computer-Based Mode) and II (Descriptive). The exam pattern is given below:
|Parts of Paper||Subject||Number of Questions/ Marks||Total Duration|
|Paper- I||(i) General Hindi
(ii) General English
|(i) 100 Questions/ 100 Marks
(ii) 100 Questions/ 100 Marks
|Paper- II||Translation & Essay||200 Marks||2 Hours|
Build a study plan
After know the SSC JHT syllabus and exam pattern, the next step to prepare a study plan. A good study plan involves a dedicated time table for all sections of exam. This will help you track your preparation such as what topics have already covered and which are left.
Build command on languages
Developing a reading habit to develop your language skills to do well in SSC JHT. Try to read daily Hindi and English newspapers. This will help to improve your reading and comprehension skills.
Work on your Grammar and Vocabulary Usage
Note down each and every new word. A proper understanding of Grammar Usage is required for attempting questions. Candidates must follow Hindi and English grammar rules while solving questions.
Work on translation skills
Candidates must work on developing their translation skills. Try to translate two to three passages every day from Hindi to English and two to three passages from English to Hindi.
Practice previous year papers and mock tests
Make a habit of practicing previous years’ question papers and mock tests. This will help candidates to improve speed and accuracy. Practising previous years’ question papers’ will help candidates in identifying the important and scoring topics. Regular practice of question papers and mock tests will help candidates to learn time-management skills.
SSC JHT Preparation Tips 2020 : Section-wise
Interested candidates who want to clear their exam in the first attempt can follow the SSC JHT Subject-Wise Preparation tips. These tips will help candidates to know how to score more marks in the exam. In SSC JHT Paper 1 Exam, the questions asked will be from General Hindi and General English whereas Paper 2 includes a passage and easy each from Hindi and English.
SSC JHT Paper-1 Preparation Tips
The questions in this section are designed to test the candidates’ expertise over language and literature, their wise use of words, phrases, idioms, and ability to write the languages correctly, precisely and effectively.
- Make sure you are aware of the detailed Paper pattern and latest Syllabus of SSC Junior Hindi Translator Exam.
- Daily read Newspaper to improve your vocabulary and Grammar.
- Choose the best SSC JHT Books which cover all the concepts and topics according to the latest exam pattern.
- Candidates can also solve SSC JHT Previous Year papers in order to be perfect with all topics. This will help candidates to know various types of questions that can appear in the exam.
Candidates must primarily focus on the topics that are tabulated below while preparing for the SSC JHT Paper-1 Exam that includes questions from General Hindi and General English.
|General Hindi||General English|
|Translation of Sentences||Fill in the Blanks|
|Fill in the Blanks||Grammar|
|–||Phrases and Idioms|
|–||Correct use of words|
SSC JHT Paper-2 Preparation Tips
SSC JHT Paper-2 exam includes a passage from Hindi and English which are to be translated from Hindi to English and English-Hindi respectively and an essay each from Hindi and English. Follow these experts provided tips to clear the exam easily.
- Candidates need to practice at least 2-3 essays daily.
- Do not use unnecessary words while writing an essay.
- Try to write essays on online platforms and that will help build your typing speed.
- Analyze your translation skills by translating English to Hindi and vice versa passages every day.
- Present the essay in the right format that includes an introduction, the main concept, positive aspects, negative aspects, and the conclusion.
- Avoid writing the same point more than once.
- Maintain a neutral tone throughout the essay.
General SSC JHT Preparation Tips 2020
Follow the below mentioned General SSC JHT Online Preparation Tips and tricks to better prepare for the exam.
- Understand the syllabus and exam pattern in and out. Go through the entire syllabus and understand each topic.
- After knowing the syllabus, collect the required study materials from a proper source. Online reference books can also be studied.
- Take up SSC JHT Mock Tests regularly to test your preparation. This will help in improving your speed and managing time.
- A timetable should be laid down and every subject should be covered daily. At least 5 hours should be dedicated to studying and weaker subjects should be given more time.
- Speed is an important factor in the exam. Try to solve questions faster and with accuracy.
- Solving previous year papers and sample papers will help the aspiring candidates to do well in the exams and also work on their weaker subjects.
- candidates should make sure to be updated with the Daily current affairs as it will help in cracking all kinds of competitive exams
- Time management is very important. Both for objective type and conventional type paper, one should manage to complete all answers within the given 2 hours of time.