SSC JE Syllabus 2020 – View Complete detail about Staff Selection Commission Junior Engineers (Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Quantity Surveying and Contract) Examination Syllabus details.
SSC JE Syllabus – Check here Topic Wise Detailed Syllabus
SSC JE Exam Pattern: Staff Selection Commission (SSC) released Recruitment Notification for SSC Junior Engineer JE or DMC or CMA Posts. Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has given a notification for the recruitment of Junior Engineer vacancies.
Staff Selection Commission has released SSC JE recruitment 2019-20 notification for total Multiple vacancies of Junior Engineer (JE). The online application for SSC JE recruitment 2019-20 will start from 1st October 2020 at the regional sites of SSC. 30th October 2020 is the last date of SSC JE online application form.
SSC JE Exam Pattern: Important Highlight
|Name of the Organization
||Staff Selection Commission (SSC)
|Name of the Posts
||Junior Engineer (JE)
||ssconline.nic.in or ssc.nic.in
|Starting Date of SSC JE Apply Online
||1st October 2020
|Deadline for SSC JE Online Application
||30th October 2020
Candidates who are interested in SSC Jobs can apply for the SSC Junior Engineer Posts. As recently they have released the notification to fill multiple vacancies for the posts of Junior Engineer. All the applicants of SSC JE Jobs can check the SSC JE Exam Pattern for proper Preparation. With the Provided Syllabus & Exam Pattern, you can perform well in the Examination. The Selection Process for Staff Selection Commission (SSC) JE 2019 is as follows.
SSC JE Recruitment: Selection Process
Applicants will be shortlisted and recommended for appointment by the commission on the basis of their total marks in the Paper- I & II, Document verification, and Medical Examination.
Paper-I Exam Pattern
||No of Questions
|General Intelligence & Reasoning
|Subjects related to engineering disciplines (CE/EE/ ME)
Paper-II Exam Pattern
||No of Questions
|Subjects related to engineering disciplines (CE/EE/ ME)
Note: For every wrong answer there will be negative marking of 0.25 marks in Paper 1.
Detailed SSC JE Syllabus 2019 – 20
Lakhs of applicants are sincerely preparing for the SSC Exams, this article is the right platform for them. Here, we are updating the Latest SSC JE Syllabus and Exam Pattern 2019. So, Candidates of SSC JE Recruitment 2019 can refer the Staff Selection Commission Junior Engineer Syllabus. The Official SSC JE Syllabus 2019 PDF also updated soon after the official release.
SSC JE Syllabus 2020 – Paper 1
SSC JE Paper 1 is conducted in the online mode and has three sections:
- General Intelligence and Reasoning
- General Awareness
- General Engineering
The General Engineering section is different for different branches. The detailed SSC JE Syllabus for each of these sections are tabulated below:
|SSC JE Syllabus For General Intelligence & Reasoning
- 1.Decision Making
- 2.Visual Memory
- 3.Relationship Concepts
- 4.Arithmetical Reasoning
- 5.Verbal and Figure Classification
- 6.Arithmetical Number Series
- 7.Abstract Ideas and Symbols and Their Relationships
- 8.Arithmetical Number Series
- 9.Arithmetical Computations and Other Analytical Functions
- 10.Space Visualization
- 11.Problem Solving
| 50 marks
|SSC JE Syllabus For General Awareness
- 1.Economic Science
- 2.General Polity and Scientific Research
- 3.Current Affairs
- 4.India and its Neighboring Countries
| 50 marks
|SSC JE Syllabus For Civil Engineering (Part-A)
- 1. Building Materials
- 2.Estimating, Costing and Valuation
- Soil Mechanics
- 3.Irrigation Engineering
- 4.1st and 2nd Law of Thermodynamics
- 5.IC Engine Performance
- 6.IC Engine Cooling and Lubrication
- 7.Ranking Cycle of System
- 8.Fitting & Accessories
- 9.Air Compressors & their Cycles
- 10.Refrigeration Cycles
- 11.The Principle of Refrigeration Plant
- 12.Nozzles & Steam Turbines
- 13.Properties & Classifications Of Fluids
- 14.Fluid Statics, Measurement of Fluid Pressure
- 15.Transportation Engineering
- 16.Environment Engineering
|SSC JE Syllabus For Structural Engineering (Part-A)
- 1.Theory of Structures
- 2.Concrete Technology
- 3.RCC Design, Steel Design
| SSC JE Syllabus For Electrical Engineering (Part-B)
- 1.AC Fundamentals
- 2.Measurement and Measuring Instruments
- 3.Electrical Machines
- 4.Fractional Kilowatt Motors and Single Phase Induction Motors
- 5.Synchronous Machines
- 6.Transmissions and Distribution
- 7.Estimating and Costing
- 8.Utilization and Electrical Energy
- 9.Basic Electronics
- 10.Circuit Law
- 11.Magnetic Circuit
|SSC JE Syllabus For Mechanical Engineering (Part-C)
- 1.Fluid Kinematics
- 2.Theory of Machines and Machine Designs
- 3.Engineering Mechanics and Strength of Materials
- 4.Centrifugal Pumps
- 5.Classification of Steels
- 6.Properties of Pure Substances
- 7.Dynamics of Ideal Fluids
- 8.Measurement of Flow Rate
- 9.Basic Principles
- 10.Hydraulic Turbines
SSC JE Answer Key 2019
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has released SSC JE Answer Key for exam held on Sep 23, 24, 25, 26, and 27. The answer key is released online, on ssc.nic.in. It is released via login and to download it user id and password. Candidates can also submit online objections against the answer key of SSC Junior Engineer 2019 by paying Rs.100 per question till October 17, 2019.
Direct Link to Download SSC JE Answer key
SSC JE Syllabus 2019-20 For Paper 2
SSC JE Paper 2 will be conducted in the offline mode. It is different for different engineering branches.
SSC JE Syllabus 2018-2019 For Civil Engineering (Part B)
|SSC JE Syllabus For Civil Engineering
- 1.Physical and chemical properties
- 2.Classification, Standard Tests, Uses and Manufacture/Quarrying of Materials
|Estimating, Costing and Valuation
- 1.Estimate, glossary of technical terms, analysis of rates, methods and unit of measurement, Items of work – earthwork, Brick work (Modular & Traditional bricks), RCC work, Shuttering, Timber work, Painting, Flooring, and Plastering.
- 2.Boundary wall, Brick building, Water Tank, Septic tank, Bar bending schedule, Centre line method, Mid-section formula, Trapezoidal formula, Simpson’s rule.
- 3.Cost estimate of Septic tank, flexible pavements, Tube well, isolates and combined footings, Steel Truss, Piles and pile-caps.
- 4.Valuation – Value and cost, scrap value, salvage value, assessed value, sinking fund, depreciation and obsolescence, methods of Valuation.
- 1.Principles of surveying, measurement of distance, chain surveying.
- 2.Working of prismatic compass, compass traversing, bearings, local attraction, plane table surveying.
- 3.The odolite traversing, adjustment of theodolite, Leveling, Definition of terms used in leveling, contouring, curvature and refraction corrections.
- 4.Temporary and permanent adjustments of dumpy level, methods of contouring.
- 5.Uses of contour map, tachometric survey, curve setting
- 6.Earth work calculation, advanced surveying equipment.
- 1.Origin of soil, phase diagram, Definitions-void ratio, porosity, degree of saturation, water content, specific gravity of soil grains, unit weights, density index and interrelationship of different parameters, Grain size distribution curves and their uses.
- 2.Index properties of soils, Atterberg’s limits, ISI soil classification and plasticity chart.
- 3.Permeability of soil, coefficient of permeability, determination of coefficient of permeability, Unconfined and confined aquifers, effective stress, quick sand, consolidation of soils, Principles of consolidation, degree of consolidation, pre-consolidation pressure, normally consolidated soil, e-log p curve, computation of ultimate settlement.
- 4.Shear strength of soils, direct shear test, Vane shear test, Triaxial test.
- 5.Soil compaction, Laboratory compaction test, Maximum dry density and optimum moisture content, earth pressure theories, active and passive earth pressures, Bearing capacity of soils, plate load test, standard penetration test.
- 1.Fluid properties and hydrostatics, measurements of flow.
- 2.Bernoulli’s theorem and its application.
- 3.Flow through pipes.
- 4.Flow in open channels, weirs, flumes, spillways, pumps and turbines.
- 1.Definition, necessity, benefits, 2II effects of irrigation, types and methods of irrigation.
- 2.Hydrology – Measurement of rainfall, run off coefficient, rain gauge.
- 3.Losses from precipitation – evaporation, infiltration, etc. Water requirement of crops, duty, delta and base period, Kharif and Rabi Crops, Command area, Time factor, Crop ratio, Overlap allowance, Irrigation efficiencies.
- 4.Different type of canals, types of canal irrigation, loss of water in canals. Canal lining – types and advantages. Shallow and deep to wells, yield from a well.
- 5.Weir and barrage, Failure of weirs and permeable foundation, Slit and Scour, Kennedy’s theory of critical velocity.
- 6.Lacey’s theory of uniform flow.
- 7.Definition of flood, causes and effects, methods of flood control, water logging, preventive measure.
- 1.Highway Engineering – cross sectional elements, geometric design, types of pavements, pavement materials
- 2.Aggregates and bitumen, different tests, Design of flexible and rigid pavements
- Water Bound Macadam (WBM) and Wet Mix Macadam (WMM), Gravel Road, Bituminous construction, Rigid pavement joint, pavement maintenance, Highway drainage, Railway Engineering
- Components of permanent way -Sleepers, ballast, fixtures and fastening, track geometry, points and crossings, track junction, stations and yards.
- Traffic Engineering – Different traffic survey, speed-flow-density and their interrelationships, intersections and interchanges, traffic signals, traffic operation, traffic signs and markings, road safety.
- Quality of water, source of water supply, purification of water, distribution of water, need of sanitation, sewerage systems, circular sewer, oval sewer, sewer appurtenances, sewage treatments.
- Surface water drainage.
- Solid waste management – types, effects, engineered management system.
- Air pollution – pollutants, causes, effects, control.
- Noise pollution – cause, health effects, control.
SSC JE Syllabus 2019-20 For Structural Engineering (Part B)
|SSC JE Syllabus For Structural Engineering
|Theory of Structures
- Elasticity constants, types of beams – determinate and indeterminate, bending moment and shear force diagrams of simply supported, cantilever and over hanging beams.
- Moment of area and moment of inertia for rectangular & circular sections, bending moment and shear stress for tee, channel and compound sections.
- Chimneys, dams and retaining walls, eccentric loads, slope deflection of simply supported and cantilever beams, critical load and columns, Torsion of circular section.
- Properties, Advantages and uses of concrete, cement aggregates, importance of water quality, water cement ratio
- Work ability, mix design, storage, batching, mixing, placement, compaction, finishing and curing of concrete.
- Quality control of concrete, hot weather and cold weather concreting, repair and maintenance of concrete structures.
- RCC beams-flexural strength, shear strength, bond strength, design of singly reinforced and double reinforced beams, cantilever beams.
- T-beams, lintels.
- One way and two way slabs, isolated footings. Reinforced brick works, columns, staircases, retaining wall, water tanks (RCC design questions may be based on both Limit State and Working Stress methods).
- Steel design and construction of steel columns
- Beams roof trusses plate girders.
SSC JE Syllabus 2019-20 For Electrical Engineering (Part B)
|SSC JE Syllabus For Electrical Engineering
- Concepts of resistance, inductance, capacitance, and various factors affecting them.
- Concepts of current, voltage, power, energy and their units.
- Circuit law : Kirchhoff‟s law, Simple Circuit solution using network theorems.
- Magnetic Circuit : Concepts of flux, mmf, reluctance, Different kinds of magnetic materials, Magnetic calculations for conductors of different configuration e.g. straight, circular, solenoidal, etc.
- Electromagnetic induction, self and mutual induction.
- Instantaneous, peak, R.M.S. and average values of alternating waves.
- Representation of sinusoidal wave form, simple series and parallel AC Circuits consisting of R.L. and C, Resonance, Tank Circuit.
- Poly Phase system – star and delta connection, 3 phase power, DC and sinusoidal response of R-Land R-C circuit.
|Measurement and Measuring Instruments
- Measurement of power (1 phase and 3 phase, both active and re-active) and energy, 2 wattmeter method of 3 phase power measurement.
- Measurement of frequency and phase angle.
- Ammeter and voltmeter (both moving oil and moving iron type), extension of range wattmeter, Multimeters, Megger, Energy meter AC Bridges.
- Use of CRO, Signal Generator, CT, PT and their uses.
- Earth Fault detection.
- D.C. Machine – Construction, Basic Principles of D.C. motors and generators, their characteristics, speed control and starting of D.C. Motors. Method of braking motor, Losses and efficiency of D.C. Machines.
- 1 phase and 3 phase transformers – Construction, Principles of operation, equivalent circuit, voltage regulation, O.C. and S.C. Tests, Losses and efficiency.
- Effect of voltage, frequency and wave form on losses. Parallel operation of 1 phase /3 phase transformers.
- Auto transformers.
- 3 phase induction motors, rotating magnetic field, principle of operation, equivalent circuit, torque-speed characteristics, and starting and speed control of 3 phase induction motors.
- Methods of braking, effect of voltage and frequency variation on torque speed characteristics.
|Fractional Kilowatt Motors and Single Phase Induction Motors
- Characteristics and applications.
- Synchronous Machines – Generation of 3-phase e.m.f. armature reaction, voltage regulation, parallel operation of two alternators, synchronizing, control of active and reactive power.
- Starting and applications of synchronous motors.
|Generation, Transmission and Distribution
- Power factor improvement, various types of tariffs, types of faults, short circuit current for symmetrical faults.
- Switchgears – rating of circuit breakers, Principles of arc extinction by oil and air, H.R.C. Fuses, Protection against earth leakage / over current, etc. Buchholtz relay, Merz-Price system of protection of generators & transformers, protection of feeders and bus bars.
- Lightning arresters, various transmission and distribution system, comparison of conductor materials, efficiency of different system.
- Cable – Different type of cables, cable rating and derating factor.
- Different types of power stations, Load factor, diversity factor, demand factor, cost of generation, inter-connection of power stations.
|Estimation and Costing
- Estimation of lighting scheme, electric installation of machines and relevant IE rules.
- Earthing practices and IE Rules.
|Utilization of Electrical Energy
- Electric heating
- Electric welding
- Electric drives and motors.
- Working of various electronic devices e.g. P N Junction diodes, Transistors (NPN and PNP type) BJT and JFET.
- Simple circuits using these devices.
SSC JE Syllabus 2019-20 For Mechanical Engineering (Part B)
|SSC JE Syllabus For Mechanical Engineering
|Theory Of Machines and Machine Designs
- Concept of simple machine, Four bar linkage and link motion, Flywheels and fluctuation of energy
- Power transmission by belts – V-belts and Flat belts, Clutches – Plate and Conical clutch, Gears –Type of gears etc.
|Engineering Mechanics and Strength of Materials
- Equilibrium of Forces, Law of motion, Friction, Concepts of stress and strain, Elastic limit.
- Elastic constants, Bending moments and shear force diagram, Stress in composite bars etc.
- Properties of Pure Substance1st & 2nd Law of Thermodynamics
- Air standard Cycles for IC Engines.
- Rakine Cycle of steam
|Fluid Mechanics Machinery
- Properties & Classification of fluid
- Fluid Statics
- Measurement of Fluid Pressure
- Fluid Kinematics
- Dynamics of Ideal Fluids
- Measurement Of Flow Rate Basic Principles
- Hydraulic Turbines
- Centrifugal Pumps
- Classification Of Steels
We hope detailed SSC JE Syllabus helps in your preparation. As you can see, SSC JE Paper 1 has General Intelligence and Reasoning and General Awareness sections. These sections are there in most of the other exams conducted by SSC as well as various banking exams. The syllabus for these sections is same for all these exams.
RRB Previous Year Paper:
RRB Previous Year Question Papers will help the candidates to understand the type of questions will be asked in the SSC JE Exam. Therefore, candidates who want to secure good marks they can get Railway SSC JE Question Papers from this page.
SSC JE Admit Card
The admit card will be made available on the regional site of SSC. We will update the direct link to download the admit card for your respective SSC region.
SSC JE Recruitment 2018-2019: Important Dates
- Starting Date to Apply Online: 13-08-2019
- Last Date to Apply Online: 12-09-2019 (17:00)
- Last Date for making online fee payment: 14-09-2019 (17:00)
- Last Date for generation of offline Challan: 14-09-2019 (17:00)
- Last Date for payment through Challan (during working hours of Bank): 16-09-2019
- Date of Computer Based Examination (Paper-I): To be notified later
- Date of Paper-II (Conventional): To be notified later
Best Books Recommended by Toppers for Competitive exam
More Recruitments to Apply