This article will cover Statistical Investigator (part of SSC CGL Tier 1, Combined Graduate Level), Statistical Investigator Job Description/Profile, Salary of Statistical Investigator, Statistical Investigator Work timing, Career Path of Statistical Investigator, Required qualification for Statistical Investigator and Statistical Investigator stages of examination.
The last date to fill part 1 of SSC CGL Application form is 21st march 2016
In Order to assist candidates select the job profile that suits their nature, we will do a series of posts on different job profiles mentioned in SSC CGL official notification.
In this article
- SSC CGL – Statistical Investigator Job Profile, Career Path, Salary, Qualification and Stage of exam.
SSC CGL – Statistical Investigator Job Profile, Career Path, Salary, Qualification and Stage of exam.
Statistical Investigator Job Description:
Statistical Investigator Gr II as the name suggests is a grade 2 post with a pay scale of 4200. Your work profile will depend upon the posting that you get.
Your work profile will depend upon where you are posted.
- If you are posted in office, you will be doing normal filing work like making reports,Noting, Drafting, Dispatching of documents and Data Entry, Analysis, Tabulation, Compiling, Encoding and Editing of Data.
- If you are posted in field, you will be doing many tasks like conducting surveys in the Socio-Economic, Industrial Statistics, Agricultural Statistics and Prices etc. You need to visit the field regularly, sometimes for several days continuously.
Statistical Investigator Work Timings:
As Statistical Investigator, you will have a proper work schedule. Daily you will be going in the morning and coming back to your home in the evening, no extra work hours and working in shifts.At certain times, it may also involve some travelling during the surveys.
Statistical Investigator career path:
As Statistical Investigator you will have the following career path
- Sr Statistical Officer (Group-B Gazetted in 6-7 years )
- Assistant Director
- Deputy Director
- Joint Director
Statistical Investigator salary and allowances
Total Pay (i) + (ii )
As a Statistical Investigator you will be entitled to the following major allowances:
- DA on Total Pay above (around 107 %)
- Transport Allowance
- House Rent Allowance(if not provided with quarters)
- Petrol allowance
- Limited bill for mobile
- When on a field work you will be entitled for certain allowances.
According to current pay scales, You would get a salary of around 38,000/- pm initially( can be varied a little as per place of posting)
Statistical Investigator required qualification:
Degree from recognized university or equivalent.
Statistical Investigator Stages of Examination:
Two Tier Written Objective Exam including the Paper of Stats, followed by Document Verification
Please let us know what is your preference for SSC Graduate Level examination in the comments section below.
Friends, this is it for SSC CGL Statistical Investigator Gr II Job Profile Salary Career Path and other details. If you have any queries please ask them in the comments section below.