This article will cover Preventive Officer Job Description(as a part of SSC CGL), Preventive Officer Work timing, Preventive Officer Career Path, Preventive Officer Salary, Preventive Officer required qualification and Preventive Officer stages of examination.
In this article
- SSC CGL: Preventive Officer Job Description, Career Path, Salary, Qualification and Stage of exam
- SSC CGL Job – Preventive Officer Job Description, Career Path, Salary, Qualification and Stages of exam
SSC CGL: Preventive Officer Job Description, Career Path, Salary, Qualification and Stage of exam
Online applications for SSC CGL Examination is open now.
In Order to assist candidates select the job profile that suits their nature, we will do a series of posts on different job profiles mentioned in SSC CGL official notification.
SSC CGL Job – Preventive Officer Job Description, Career Path, Salary, Qualification and Stages of exam
1. SSC CGL Preventive Officer Job Description/ Profile:
Preventive Officer is an inspector post.Your work profile will depend upon your posting. If you are posted in Headquarter, you have to do Clerical or file related work. If you are posted in the field (mainly airports and seaports) then you have to do Executive work like prevention of smuggling, assessment of customs duty on goods. You will also have the power to seize, search, arrest or detain anyone over the doubt of smuggling and other such related activities.
A Uniform is mandatory with Ashoka Stambha with 2 yellow strips.
You will be posted mainly at airports and seaports.
2. SSC CGL Preventive Officer Work Timing:
In Preventive Officer job, you will have to work in shifts. Duty will be round the clock means day as well as night shift. At certain times, it may also involve some travelling during the inspection.
3. SSC CGL Preventive Officer Career path:
As a Preventive Officer you will have the following career path
- Superintendent (Group-B Gazetted office) after completing 8-10 years and clearing departmental exam.
- Assistant Commissioner
- Deputy Commissioner
4. SSC CGL Preventive Officer Salary and allowances
Total Pay (i) + (ii )
As a Preventive Officer you will be entitled to the following major allowances:
- DA on Total Pay above (around 107 %)
- Transport Allowance
- House Rent Allowance(if not provided with quarters)
- Petrol allowance
- Limited bill for mobile
According to current pay scales, You would get a salary of around 40,000/- pm initially( can be varied a little as per place of posting)
5. SSC CGL Preventive Officer Qualification :
Degree from recognized university or equivalent.
6. SSC CGL Preventive Officer Stages of Examination:
Two Tier Written Objective Exam, followed by Document Verification.
Friends, this is it for Preventive Officer.
Please let us know what is your preference for SSC Graduate Level examination in the comments section below.