This article will cover Inspector of Posts (as a part of SSC CGL) Job Description, Inspector of Posts Work timing, Inspector of Posts Career Path, Inspector of Posts Salary, Inspector of Posts required qualification and Inspector of Posts stages of examination.
In this article
- SSC CGL: Inspector of Posts Job Description, Career Path, Salary, Qualification and Stage of exam
SSC CGL: Inspector of Posts Job Description, Career Path, Salary, Qualification and Stage of exam
Online applications for SSC CGL Examination is open now.
In Order to assist candidates select the job profile that suits their nature, we will do a series of posts on different job profiles mentioned in SSC CGL official notification.
1. SSC CGL Inspector of Posts Job Description/ Profile:
Inspector of Posts, is an Inspector level post offered through SSC CGL. You will across the postal departments located throughout the country. Your work profile will mainly be to check the normal day to day working of post offices in your area. You will also be responsible for appointing disciplinary authority for Postmen and other staff.and also sanctioning leave for postmen working in the Sub Division. You will also be doing investigation into all loss and fraud cases and also assisting Senior Officers in carrying out Inspection of Head Post Offices, Divisional Offices, Regional Offices, Circle Offices, Postal Accounts Offices etc.
2. SSC CGL Inspector of Post Work Timing:
Inspector of Posts, mostly you will have a proper work schedule. Daily you will be going in the morning and coming but at times you may have to work for extra hours and also in shifts.
3. SSC CGL Inspector of Post Career path:
As an Inspector of Posts, you will have the following career path
- Assistant Superintendent of Post : Grade Pay 4600
- Postal Superintendent :Grade Pay 4800 ( Gazetted )
- Postal Superintendent :Same Post but Grade Pay 5400
- Senior Superintendent of post :Grade Pay 5400 ( Equal in rank to an Indian Postal Services Officer )
- Senior Superintendent of post : – Grade Pay 6600
4. SSC CGL Inspector of Posts Salary and allowances
Total Pay (i) + (ii )
As an Inspector of Posts you will be entitled to the following major allowances:
- DA on Total Pay above (around 107 %)
- Transport Allowance
- House Rent Allowance(if not provided with quarters)
- Petrol allowance
- Limited bill for mobile
According to current pay scales, You would get a salary of around 38,000/- pm initially( can be varied a little as per place of posting)
5. SSC CGL Inspector of Posts Qualification :
Degree from recognized university or equivalent.
6. SSC CGL Inspector of Posts Stages of Examination:
Two Tier Written Objective Exam, followed by Document Verification.
Friends, this is it for Inspector of Posts.
Please let us know what is your preference for SSC Graduate Level examination in the comments section below.