This article will cover Assistant in Central Excise Inspector (as a part of SSC CGL) Job Description, Central Excise Inspector Work timing, Central Excise Inspector Career Path, Central Excise Inspector Salary, Central Excise Inspector required qualification and Central Excise Inspector stages of examination.
SSC CGL: Central Excise Inspector Job Description, Career Path, Salary, Qualification and Stage of exam
Online applications for SSC CGL Examination is open now.
In Order to assist candidates select the job profile that suits their nature, we will do a series of posts on different job profiles mentioned in SSC CGL official notification.
1. SSC CGL Central Excise Inspector Job Description/ Profile:
Assistant in CVC as the name suggests, is an Assistant post offered through SSC CGL.
In this job, you would work for Central Board of Excise and Customs (CBEC) which is a part of the Department of Revenue under Finance Ministry. It deals with the following tasks:
- formulation of policy concerning levy and collection of Customs & Central Excise duties and Service Tax
- Prevention of smuggling
- Administration of matters relating to Customs, Central Excise, Service Tax and Narcotics to the extent under CBEC’s purview.
Your work profile will depend upon where you are posted. You will get postings in various places like range, division, custom houses, ports and sometimes even headquarter.
- If you are posted in office, you will be doing normal filing work like making reports.
- If you are posted in field, you will be doing many tasks like monitoring goods, which are to be exported. You will also behaving the power to seal them.
- You will also keep watch on manufacturers and verify their units and registers whenever required and you are ordered to do so.
- If posted in Preventive wing, you may also assist the search and raid teams.
This is a uniform post, but wearing uniform (Khaki) is generally optional
2. SSC CGL Central Excise Inspector Work Timing:
As a Central Excise Inspector, you will have a proper work schedule. Daily you will be going in the morning and coming back to your home in the evening, no extra work hours and working in shifts.
3. SSC CGL Central Excise Inspector Career path:
As a Central Excise Inspector, you will have the following career path
- Superintendent (Group-B Gazetted)
- Assistant Commissioner
- Deputy Commissioner
- Joint Commissioner
- Addl. Commissioner
4. SSC CGL Assistant in Central Excise Inspector Salary and allowances
Total Pay (i) + (ii )
- DA on Total Pay above (around 107 %)
- Transport Allowance
- House Rent Allowance(if not provided with quarters)
- Petrol allowance
- Limited bill for mobile
According to current pay scales, You would get a salary of around 40,000/- pm initially( can be varied a little as per place of posting)
5. SSC CGL Central Excise Inspector Qualification :
Degree from recognized university or equivalent.
6. SSC CGL Central Excise Inspector Stages of Examination:
Two Tier Written Objective Exam, followed by Document Verification.
Friends, this is it for Central Excise Inspector.
Please let us know what is your preference for SSC Graduate Level examination in the comments section below.