This article will cover Assistant Enforcement Officer (as a part of SSC CGL) Job Description, Assistant Enforcement Officer Work timing, Assistant Enforcement Officer Career Path, Assistant Enforcement Officer Salary, Assistant Enforcement Officer required qualification and Assistant Enforcement Officer stages of examination.
SSC CGL: Assistant Enforcement Officer Salary, Job Description, Career Scope, Qualification Required
Online applications for SSC CGL Examination is open now.
In Order to assist candidates select the job profile that suits their nature, we will do a series of posts on different job profiles mentioned in SSC CGL official notification.
1. SSC CGL Assistant Enforcement Officer Job Description/ Profile:
Assistant Enforcement Officer, as the name suggests is a post in Enforcement Directorate famously known as ED. Enforcement Directorate mainly enforces two key acts to fight economic crimes in India namely
- Foreign Exchange Management Act, 1999(FEMA) and
- Prevention of Money Laundering Act, 2002(PMLA).
Enforcement Directorate controls and checks money laundering activities in India. As an Assistant Enforcement Officer, you would join ED as a group B officer. Your work profile will depend upon the role you are designated:
- If you are posted in Office, you will be doing normal filing and other clerical work like making reports.
- If you are posted in Field , you will work towards nabbing the economic crimes.
- You will be joining the raid company when it goes somewhere for a raid.
- You may also have to gather intelligence about money laundering or other crime of economic nature.
Most of the offices of Enforcement Directorate are situated into big cities so if you are interested into a big city job, you should consider Assistant Enforcement Officer as one of your options.
2. SSC CGL Assistant Enforcement Officer Work Timing:
In Assistant Enforcement Officer job, if you are posted in office,then you will be having normal office timings. But if you are working on field, you will have to work in shifts. Duty will be round the clock means day as well as night shift. Also when on raid or search, you may have to work for longer and uncertain durations. .
As an Assistant Enforcement Officer, you will have the following career path
- Enforcement Officer (Group B Gazetted post in 4-6 years)
- The Assistant Director of Enforcement Directorate
- Deputy Director of Enforcement Directorate
- Joint Director
- Additional Director
- Special Director in Enforcement Directorate.
4. SSC CGL Assistant Enforcement Officer Salary and allowances
Total Pay (i) + (ii )
As an Assistant Enforcement Officer you will be entitled to the following major allowances:
- DA on Total Pay above (around 107 %)
- Transport Allowance
- House Rent Allowance(if not provided with quarters)
- Petrol allowance
- Limited bill for mobile
According to current pay scales, You would get a salary of around 40,000/- pm initially( can be varied a little as per place of posting)
5. SSC CGL Assistant Enforcement Officer Qualification :
Degree from recognized university or equivalent.
6. SSC CGL Assistant Enforcement Officer Stages of Examination:
Two Tier Written Objective Exam, followed by Document Verification.
Friends, this is it for Assistant Enforcement Officer.
Please let us know what is your preference for SSC Graduate Level examination in the comments section below.