Spelling Mistakes Questions for all banking and sarkari naukri examinations.
Spelling Mistakes – English Language
Basic Concepts of Spelling Mistakes Questions:
1. When ‘ei’ is pronounced ‘i:’ as in ‘bee’, ‘ei’ comes after the ‘c’. eg:Preconceived ,Receive.
2. When adding ‘ed’ and ‘ing’ endings to verbs that end with a single vowel plus a consonant, do not double the final consonant if the stress doesn’t fall at the end of the word. eg: Inheriting, Inherited.
3. When adding ‘ed’ and ‘ing’ endings to verbs that end with a single vowel plus a consonant, double the final consonant if the stress falls at the end of the word. eg: Admitting, Admitted.
4. Drop the final “l” from words that end with a double “l” before adding endings which begin with a consonant. (Such as ‘ment‘, ‘ful‘ and ‘li‘). eg: will-wilful, skill-skilful.
5. when there are two vowels in a row, the first one usually has a long sound, and the second is silent. “That’s why it’s ‘lean’, not ‘laen’; ‘team’, not ‘taem’; ‘coat’, not ‘caot’ etc.
6. Here is the list of some misspelled / confused words: Referred, Compelled, Accommodation, Manoeuvre / Maneuver, Bungalow, Indispensable etc. Make sure to avoid such spelling mistakes in these words.
From spelling mistakes topic atleast 5 questions will come for sure in banking, such as SBI Clerck, IBPS Clerck, IBPS Specialist Officers etc. and in also sarkari naukri examinations such as SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, SSC Stenographer, RRB NTPC etc. This spelling mistakes topic is very easy as well as confusing and also very important topic. So here are some questions and quiz on spelling mistakes topic. Now use the above basic concepts and to avoid the mistakes in this topic.
Spelling Mistakes Questions and Quiz:
Directions: In each sentence below, four words which are underlined and lettered A, B, C, D, one which may be either inappropriate in the context of the sentence or wrongly spelt. The letter of that word is answer. If all the four words are appropriate and also correctly spelt, mark ‘E’, i.e., ‘All Correct’ as the answer.