SBI PO Preparation Tips.Highly Recommended Preparation Plan to Crack SBI PO Exam 2016.
In this article
SBI PO Preparation Tips
- Click here for all details regarding 2016 SBI PO recruitment notification.
- Click here to register for SBI PO Now: Today is the last date to Apply
In this article, we will discuss about the pattern and preparation tips for SBI PO Exam 2016.
SBI PO Exam Pattern
SBI PO Prelims Exam Pattern:
The Prelims Exam of SBI PO will contain 100 questions carrying 100 marks and the time duration is 1 hour.
The Questions are divided into 3 Sections
- Quantitative Aptitude
SBI PO Mains Exam Pattern:
The Mains Exam of SBI PO will contain 155 questions carrying 200 marks and the time duration is 180 minutes.The Questions are divided into 4 Sections.The Selection will be purely based on Mains Exam. And the Exam will contain the following Subjects:
- Reasoning & Computer Knowledge (60 marks).
- English Language (40 marks).
- Quantitative Aptitude: DI Based Questions only( 60 marks).
- General Awareness (40 marks).
All Subjects in SBI PO Prelims and SBI PO Mains have sectional cutoff, so you should focus on every subject of SBI PO Prelims and mains Exam.
SBI PO Exam Preparation Tips:
- There is no secret to success in SBI PO Exam.
- What you need is consistent efforts to excel in the SBI PO exam.
- The first and the most crucial step should be to make a proper day wise study plan for SBI PO 2016.
- You can take the help of Previous Year SBI Toppers as they will guide you the best regarding the Syllabus of SBI PO exam and Previous Year Questions asked in SBI PO Exam.
- After making the Study Plan, give online mock test to Check where you Stand.
- From the mock Test analyse your weak areas and prepare for them.
- Practice as many mock tests as you can.
- Revise whatever you have studied regularly.
SBI PO Exam Section Wise Preparation Tips:
If you prepare well, you can clear the SBI PO exam in first attempt. But you have to prepare thoroughly for it as SBI PO Exam is not that easy. Before you begin your preparation for SBI PO, you should know about what to prepare for the exam because if you do not know correctly as what you have to study, your preparation can never be correct.Following are SBI PO Exam preparation tips:
SBI PO Preparation Tips for Reasoning Section:
Reasoning asked in SBI PO Exam is purely based on logic and is not just a mathematical skill where you learn various formula s and the work is done. The only strategy here is to practice all the type of questions as many times as you can. Some of the important topics for the exam are:
SBI PO Preparation Tips for Quantitative Aptitude Section:
This section includes the basic questions to check your numerical ability. The best strategy is attempting only those questions first that are easy to attempt and have fewer calculations. You need to start from basics. Build concepts gradually and practice as much as you can. Memorize all the important shortcut techniques and. Some of the important topics for exam are:
- Number Systems.
- Number Series.
- Simple Interest & Compound Interest.
- Time & Work.
- Time & Distance.
- Profit & Loss.
- Ratio and Proportion.
- Data Interpretation.
SBI PO Preparation Tips for English Language Section:
This is one of the toughest sections. You need to improve your basic English in order to excel in the exam. You need to learn basic concepts of English Grammar. Read good English magazines and newspaper to improve your reading skills. Some of the important topics for exam are:
SBI PO Preparation Tips for Banking Awareness section :
Banking Awareness or Financial Awareness or Economic Awareness section of SBI PO Exam will contain Questions based on Banking related issues and topics. You just need to keep yourself updated about current happenings and also bit knowledge of static GK that includes:
- Current Affairs of last 6 months.
- Topics related to finance and economics.
- History of Banking.
- Banking Terms.
- Fiscal & Monetary Policies.
SBI PO Preparation Tips for Computer Knowledge section:
Computer Knowledge Questions asked in SBI PO exam mainly contain questions related to basic knowledge about computer. So you need to be aware about computer here that includes:
- MS Office.
- Keyboard Shortcuts.
Start Preparing for SBI PO Now!
- SBI PO Previous Year Question Papers
- How to fill SBI PO Online Application Form
- SBI PO Salary and Allowances Is It really 12 lakhs Rs per year ??
- SBI PO 2016 Cut Off: How many Marks to Score
- SBI PO Syllabus Pattern Books for preparation to crack the Exam
- SBI PO Job Profile : What is it like to work at SBI?
- SBI PO vs IT Job:Comparison on Job Security, Salary & More Points
Friends this is all for SBI PO Preparation Tips. We will soon publish preparation tips for individual section of the Exam. If you have any queries/questions regarding SBI PO Preparation Tips, feel free to ask them in the comments section below and we will be glad to answer them for you.