SBI PO Mains Preparation Plan to help you crack SBI PO Mains Exam in Last month.
SBI PO Mains Preparation Plan – Learn Best Tips, Tricks & Strategies!
SBI PO Prelims will be completed by this weekend, but not your preparation. The BIG DADDY ie SBI PO Mains is on its way. You are left with only a few weeks for the preparation of SBI PO Mains 2019. As per an estimate around 80,000 students will clear the SBI PO Prelims Exam and will be appearing in the SBI PO Mains Exam. The exam difficulty level increased over the years, Which is reflected in SBI PO, IBPS PO, BOB PO and other bank exams 2019. So the competition will be tough. An all round preparation strategy is essential for qualifying this stage of the exam.
Here, in this article we will discuss the strategy to crack SBI PO Mains Exam. You should follow this strategy if you want to clear the SBI Clerk Mains Exam.
How to Crack SBI PO Mains Exam :
First things first , have faith in yourself. The SBI PO Mains Exam is tough to crack, but definitely worth it.
Second Thing, SBI PO Prelims Exam was only Qualifying in Nature. In simple words, it means, Only the score of your SBI PO Mains Exam will be considered for selection in the Final Merit List.
Beginner’s Guide & SBI PO Mains Preparation Tips 2019
- Before appearing for any Exam, it is important that you know all the little details of the Exam that you are going to take.
- The 1st step of getting familiar with the exam is knowing the Exam Pattern.
- Given below is the detailed Exam Pattern of SBI PO Mains Exam
1. SBI PO Mains Pattern:
The Pattern of SBI PO Mains Exam is as follows:
|Section||No. of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|General/ Econmy/ Banking Awareness||40||40||35 minutes|
|English Language||35||40||40 minutes|
|Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||60||45 minutes|
|Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 minutes|
- As negative marking (penalty) for wrong answers, marks equal to one-fourth of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted.
- There will be no sectional cut off in Mains as well.
- Get detail SBI PO Mains Exam Pattern
SBI PO Mains Important Point
- The overall level of complexity will be higher than the prelims exam.
- The total number of questions will be more than prelims exam, in Prelims had 100 Question and in Mains have 155 Question.
- The total time duration to attempt the exam will be more, in Prelims exam had 60 Minutes and in Mains Exam have 180 Minutes.
2. Learn the Syllabus by Heart for SBI PO Mains Exam
- Once you are through with your Exam Pattern & other details, it is essential that you know Syllabus for the exam.
- Learning the Exam Syllabus & being aware of it is of utmost importance.
- In SBI PO Mains Exam, you will be asked questions on Reasoning & Computer Aptitude, Data Analysis & Interpretation, General Awareness about Economy/Banking & English Language.
- Once you are familiar with the subjects, types of questions that will be asked, weightage of each sub-topic & difficulty level, then you are good to go.
- All the knowledge of the Exam Syllabus will help you to make your preparation stronger.
- Get Detailed SBI PO Mains Syllabus 2019
3. SBI PO Mains Preparation Tips – Make your Own Notes
- Once you are well-versed with the syllabus, preparation becomes easy.
- You might depend upon notes provided by tutors who promise to help you clear SBI PO Exams with their Study Material.
- But, preparing your own notes will certainly help you in memorising basic details.
- Preparing your notes, in your handwriting is going to save your time in the preparation. This will help you to manage time better.
- You will know about managing your time in the next part.
4. SBI PO Mains Preparation Tips – The Secret is in Time Management
- Most you who are appearing for such Bank Exams either employed individuals or students.
- So, the majority of you might lack time in your preparation.
- Even if you have a lot of time in your hand, it is important that you manage it well.
- By managing all your time, you can give priority to the topics that you feel are your difficult areas.
- Less priority and less time can be allotted to the areas that you are confident of.
5. SBI PO Mains Preparation Tips – Study Previous Year Papers
- It is also important for a first-time examinee to have a look at some of the Previous Year Papers.
- This will help you in having an idea of what all will be asked in the actual exam.
- This will also help in knowing the sub-topics in each exam.
- Given below are some of the previous year papers that you can have a look!
- Get Detailed SBI PO Previous Year Question Year Paper
6. SBI PO Mains Preparation Tips – Take various Online Tests
- Now that you are managing your time better, it is now important that you practice a lot of tests.
- As the Bank Exams are going to be conducted in Online, it is essential that you take a lot of Online Mock Test.
- It is essential that you make yourself a habit of solving maximum questions online.
- The more online Tests you take, the more are your chances of success.
7. SBI PO Mains Preparation Tips – Don’t forget, Speed & Accuracy is Key
- Once you solve a lot of Online Mock Tests, you will be aware of the fact that solving tests with maximum accuracy & speed is also a key.
- You should not forget that this SBI PO Mains Online Test has 1/4th negative marking.
- So, you can’t go about solving random questions which you are not confident of.
- This will hamper your score as you will lose maximum marks.
- Also, having a good speed is pretty important too.
- You have to solve 155 questions in 180 mins.
- Maintaining a good speed is important too!
SBI PO Mains Study Plan
You have crossed the first step. Let’s check the second.
- The SBI PO mains Syllabus for Reasoning, DI part of Quants and English is the same as you studied for SBI PO prelims Exam.
- Financial Awareness and Computer knowledge/Computer Aptitude are two new Sections in SBI PO mains. Your focus should be more on them now.
Week 1: SBI PO Mains Exam Study Plan
- Dedicate this week towards Financial awareness and Computer Knowledge.
- Come back to Reasoning, Quants and English.
- Give atleast one SBI PO mains Mock Test each Day
Week 2: SBI PO Mains Exam Study Plan
- Work on your Weak areas.
- Make handy notes that you can revise in the last few days.
- Give atleast one SBI PO Mains Mock Test each Day
Final Week: SBI PO Mains Exam Study Plan
- Don’t study anything new now.
- Revise handy notes that you made the previous week.
- Give atleast one SBI PO Mains Mock Test each Day.
- Analyze the test and try to improve your accuracy and speed.
To alleviate your fears, we present to you tips and tricks prepared by our experts to beat examination stress in your IBPS PO Preparation.
1. Remove all the distractions :
First things first. In order to concentrate better and manage your study better, remove all the distractions from the place of your study. This can be anything from your gadgets(phone, iPod, laptop etc) to a window. Everything that distracts you makes your mind go crazy. Not only you start worrying about all the things that aren’t right, but you also feel bogged down because you are unable to utilize your time to its full potential. So, set up a routine of removing all distractions from your study space and voila you will see your productivity increase by huge margins.
2. Study in different spaces:
To counter the boredom arising from continuously studying from long hours, try changing the settings around you. Research shows that you tend to retain more information when you study in different locations. That said, it doesn’t mean that you need a palace to study. If you are feeling bored in your room, try the other room. Experiment with the lighting and you will feel that your mind is suddenly more receptive (not to forget more alert) and retains information better.
We can’t stress this point enough. Your breathing plays an important role in your learning. Whenever your mind is blasted with thoughts like ‘this is so tough’, ‘there are so many candidates’ or ‘oh my god! I can’t answer this simple question’ etc, then practice deep breathing for 1-2 minutes. To practice that, just close your eyes and concentrate on the tip of your nose, breathe in and count till 7. Then hold the breath for 3-4 seconds and breathe out for 7 seconds. What is essentially does is REBOOT your brain enabling you to trash all the worries and start working with a positive mindset.
Well a break never hurt anyone, did it? After 1 hour of study, make it a point to stop for 15 minutes and let your mind relax. You can stretch yourself, do a quick workout or just take a good stroll. The key is pausing the learning activity for 15 minutes. Research has shown that studying (learning in general) for continuous duration makes you lethargic. On the contrary studying with intermittent breaks has been shown to increase your learning. The problem with breaks is they extend very easily. You feel like doing everything (that you otherwise would never do) in that break time and a 15-minute break extends to 1-2 hours thereby disrupting your cycle of study altogether. Put a countdown timer or an alarm of 10-15 minutes and make it a point to get back to study once it is over.
5. Plan your Day
After you are done for the day, make a plan for the next day. Just a general plan to get you started. My personal plan is to get up, do a yoga session of 15 minutes, followed by stretching and a sumptuous breakfast. Then I start working on my articles. This is what works for me and I have a motto when I wake up in the morning. Use a calendar app to put the study schedule on your Calendar app. Check and update your calendar regularly to remind yourself of your study schedule.