SBI PO Job Profile will cover the job profile, roles and duties of an SBI PO.The job profile of SBI PO is little bit different from Bank PO of other banks.
SBI PO is one of the most sought after job in India. It is a guarantee of a secure future coupled with the prestige of working with in the government sector.
In this article
SBI PO Job Profile
Dear Future SBI POs, If you you want to know , what you will be your job profile and what you will be doing after you clear the prestigious SBI PO Examination, you are at the right place.We will inform you about SBI PO Job Profile.
Understanding the profile, role & responsibilities of a SBI PO is important just like paying attention to the salary offered. Knowing the functions beforehand not only saves you from unexpected surprises while on duty but also gives you an extra edge in answering questions during interviews.
All selected candidates for officer position will be on a probation period of two years. After this period, they are assessed either through a short test or performance review and confirmed as permanent employees. they are even promote to Scale II if they perform extraordinarily in the Confirmation exam
SBI PO Job Profile
The State Bank of India is naturally the top choice to work for any banking aspirant. During probation period of 2 years you will be subjected to frequent trainings and transfers.The job profile of SBI PO is little bit different from Bank PO of other banks; the reason is that SBI is a vast bank with presence to the remotest corners of India encompassing all the dimensions of banking.We will inform you about SBI PO Job Profile.
You will be posted as JMGS Scale 1different branches that will include Local Head Office, Regional Business office, SME Branch, General banking branch or Special Branches or Corporate Office or Zonal Offices or in specialized branches like Cheque Clearing, Pension Clearing etc. for specific durations as prescribed by the SBI.
SBI PO Job Profile involves
- Learning nitty gritties of General Banking.
- Marketing of New Schemes
- Bringing New Business
- Any other task bestowed by the bank time to time.
Also you may be asked to solve the grievances of customers coming in the bank for
- Opening of new accounts
- Issuing of ATM cards
- Doing deposits
- Loan Processing
- Issuing cheque books etc
In SBI there is a lot of focus on marketing & cross selling also hence it is also a major part of SBI PO Job Profile. Thus the Probationary Officer is also exposed to such areas of banking.
Start Preparing for SBI PO Now!
- The main bone of contention among all the candidates – Salary.
- A salary of an SBI PO is higher than that compared to other entry-level IT jobs.
- The CTC package of a probationary officer in SBI is easily around ₹8-12 lakh per annum.
- There are a lot of opportunities which are available for any Probationary Officer in SBI. An SBI PO can reach to great heights in his or her career.
- Almost All the chairman of State Bank of India and its associate banks had started their careers as a Probationary Officer only. Even the Present Chairperson of SBI, Ms Arundhati Bhattacharya joined SBI in 1977 as probationary officer
- SBI PO career path is still one of the fastest if you compare it with other government jobs. Apart from the very fast promotion channels, there are rewards, recognition and attractive postings for performers.
So Friends, this is it for SBI PO Job Profile and its Roles and Duties. If you have any queries regarding SBI PO Job Profile, please ask us in the comments section below. And we will be glad to answer them for you.