In this article
- SBI PO Exam Questions Asked 2nd July 2016
SBI PO Exam Questions Asked 2nd July 2016
SBI PO Prelims Exam was conducted on 2nd July 2016. Below we will provide Questions Asked in the exam.
SBI PO Exam Questions Asked on 2nd July 2016
Following questions were asked in the SBI PO Exam:
Quantitative Aptitude Questions Asked in SBI PO Prelims Exam 2nd July 2016
The Questions asked were:
- 16, 9, 10, 16, 33, ?
- 4, 3, 4, 7, 15, …?
- 7, 5, 7, 17, 63, …?
- 11, 14, 19, 28, 43, …?
- 50, …?, 61, 89, 154, 280
- 26, 144, 590, 1164, …?
- ?, 123, 162, 188, 201
- 25 ? 36 64 129
Simple & Compound Interest
- A sum of money is invested in Scheme A at 15% per annum. After 2 years an amount is received and that amount is invested in scheme B at 20% per annum for compound interest. If the interest received at the end of 2 years is 1430, find the original sum invested.
- A sum of money is invested in 2 different schemes having different rates of interest. If interest from one scheme is given, what is the amount invested in the second scheme?
- There are 2 right circular cylinders of different size. The ratio of their height and volume is given. Calculate the ratio of the radii.
- The ratio of the heights of two cylinders is 3:5. The ratio of their volumes is 27:80. What is be the ratio of their radii?
- Consider 6 consecutive odd numbers. The difference between average of squares of the last three numbers & the product of the first two numbers is given. Find the first/last number.
Mixtures & Alligations
- A vessel contains a certain quantity of pure milk. When mixed with 25 litres of water, the ratio of milk to water in the vessel becomes 12:5. 17 litres of mixture is then drawn from the vessel and 10 litres of water is once again added. Find the new ratio between milk and water in the vessel.
- In what ratio must water be mixed with milk so that the seller gets 25% gain on selling the mixture at the cost price?
- Two people invested in the ratio of 4:6. After 6 months, the 2nd person withdraws his amount. At the same time, a third person invested twice as much as the second person had initially invested. At the end of the year, the total profit is 33150. Find the share of the third person.
- 6x2-11x+4=0; 30y2 -23y+3=0
- 7x2+10x+3=0; 2y2+11y+14=0
- A box contains 10 red balls, 6 green balls. If 2 balls are drawn randomly, what is the probability of getting non-green balls?
Problems on Age
- 3 people A, B and C. A is 4 years younger than B. B is 12 years younger than C. The ratio between C & A is 9:5. Find the age of B.
- A is 4 years younger than B. B is 12 years younger than C. 4 years hence, the ratio of ages of C & A will be 9:5, Find the current age of B?
Time & Work
- B is 20% more efficient than A. B started the work & did it for ‘x’ days. After ‘x’ days, B is replaced with A. A completed the remaining work in x+8 days. The ratio of work done by A & B is 2:3. In how many days can A & B working together complete the whole work?
Reasoning Questions Asked in SBI PO Prelims Exam 2nd July 2016
Seven persons, P, Q, R, S, T, U and V have a seminar but not necessarily in the same order, on seven different months (of the same year) namely January, February, March, June, August, October, December
Each of them also likes a different fruit namely Banana, Grapes, Papaya, Orange, Mango, Litchi Apple but not necessarily in the same order.
1) R has a seminar in a month which has less than 31 days.
2) Only two persons have a seminar between R and S.
3) The one who likes Banana has a seminar immediately before T.
4) Only one person has a seminar before the one who likes Papaya.
5) Q has a seminar immediately after the one who likes Papaya.
6) Only three persons have a seminar between Q and the one who likes Mango.
7) T likes neither Mango nor Papaya.
8) P has a seminar immediately before T.
9) V likes Apple.
10) The one who likes Grapes has a seminar in the month, which has less than 31 days.
11) The one who has a seminar in March does not like Orange.
Read the language of the question carefully as many hints are present in the question.
A is son of B. C is father of A and brother of D. E is mother of D. D is daughter of F. F has only one daughter. F is father of G.
1) If X is married to G, then how is X related to D? (Answer: Sister in law)
2) How is A related to E? (Answer: Grand son)
Linear Seating Arrangement
Eight persons – H, I, J, K, L, M, N and O – are standing in a straight line at equidistant points. Some of them are facing north while others are facing south. M is standing third to the right to H. M is standing at one of the extreme ends. L is standing third to the left of H. The immediate neighbours of J face north. N is not an immediate neighbour of H. The persons standing at the extreme ends face the same direction (both are facing either North or South). The immediate neighbours of H face just opposite direction as that of M. The immediate neighbours of O face opposite direction with respect to each other. One of the immediate neighbour of L is K who is facing north. I is standing between J and M. Not more than four persons are facing north.
Eight persons – H, I, J, K, L, M, N and O – are standing in a straight line at equal distance. Some of them are facing north while others are facing south, not necessarily in the same order. M is standing third to the right to H. M is standing at one of the extreme ends. L is standing third to the left of H. The immediate neighbours of J faces north. N is not an immediate neighbour of H. The persons standing at the extreme ends face the same direction. The immediate neighbours of H face in opposite direction as that of M. The immediate neighbours of O face opposite direction with respect to each other. One of the immediate neighbours of L is K who is facing north. I is standing between J and M. Not more than four persons are facing north.
Friends, this is just an overview based on the feedback of candidates who attempted this exam. We will be uploading new articles after every slot to give you the Best Possible Update about the Exam.
Slot wise Exam Analysis for SBI Clerk Prelims Exam
Questions Asked in SBI Clerk Prelims Exam