See what opportunities await you in SBI PO Career Progression.
Many of our readers ask us questions regarding Career prospects and Progression of a Probationary Officer in SBI.
The above infographic combined with the analysis given below will answer all their queries.
SBI PO Career Progression
The post of SBI PO is considered to be prestigious among bank exams aspirants.
Those who get selection as an SBI PO and those who are preparing for it always ask that why SBI PO is the most sought after job of the banking industry. What are the opportunities available for those who get selection as SBI PO?
Career graph for an SBI PO
- There are a lot of opportunities which are available for any Probationary Officer in SBI. An SBI PO can reach to great heights in his or her career.
- Almost All the chairman of State Bank of India and its associate banks had started their careers as a Probationary Officer only. Even the Present Chairperson of SBI, Ms Arundhati Bhattacharya joined SBI in 1977 as probationary officer
- SBI PO career path is still one of the fastest if you compare it with other government jobs. Apart from the very fast promotion channels, there are rewards, recognition and attractive postings for performers.
- While the promotion channel for Specialist Cadre Officer is quite slow in all banks as there are less opportunity for these officers.
- For those who get promotion in Officer Cadre from clerical cadre, although promotion policy remains the same but the fact of the matter is that normally these officer do not rise after a certain point.
- Anybody who join bank as a Probationary Officer normally gets very fast promotion. There are normally two types of entry level jobs in the banks, which are clerk and officer.
- There are normally three types of Officers in the bank, those who got promotion from clerical cadre, Specialist Cadre Officers and those who joined as Probationary Officers.
- However for Probationary Officers there is no limit in the banks as far as career progression is concerned. As we have already mentioned that Almost All the chairman of State Bank of India and its associate banks had started their careers as a Probationary Officer only.