In this article you will get RRB NTPC Books for preparation, Pattern and Syllabus for RRB NTPC examination, RRB NTPC Syllabus – General Awareness, RRB NTPC Syllabus – Arithmetic , RRB NTPC Syllabus – General Intelligence and Reasoning, RRB NTPC Syllabus – General Sciences,
The online application process for 18252 RRB NTPC posts is on now. The last date to fill online application for RRB NTPC is January 25th, 2016 (up to 23.59 hours).
RRB NTPC online exam will conducted during March-May 2016. This gives us 3- 4 months to prepare and ace the exam. Knowing the RRB NTPC Syllabus and Pattern are essential for building the sound foundation for best preparation. So let us have a look at the Syllabus, pattern and books for RRB NTPC Graduate Level Examination 2016.
Click here for all information related to RRB NTPC Examination: Job Profiles, Syllabus, Books to Prepare and Much More.
Pattern for RRB NTPC examination
- Mode of Examination: Online (Multiple Choice Questions)
- Duration: 90 Minutes.
- No. of questions: 100
- Total Marks: 100 Marks.
- Negative Marking: Yes. 1/3rd marks will be deducted for every wrong answer.
In the Official Notification, there is no mention of section wise division of marks. We can divide 100 questions into the following major categories:
- General Awareness
- General Intelligence and Reasoning
- General Sciences
RRB NTPC Syllabus
RRB NTPC Syllabus – General Awareness
The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighbouring countries especially pertaining History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General Policy & Scientific Research. Unlike banking recruitment exams, the GA section of RRB NTPC, less emphasis is given to current affairs. Majority of questions are designed to test awareness about your surroundings and its implications to the society. All in all the syllabus GA section will consist of following topics:
- National & International Current Affairs.
- Indian and World History
- Indian Economy.
- Indian Geography.
- Constitution of India.
- Indian Culture & Heritage.
- Science & Technology
RRB NTPC Syllabus – Arithmetic
This section is designed to test your knowledge your knowledge of numbers and your ability to use numbers appropriately. The topics covered are:
- Whole numbers
- Fractions and relationships between numbers
- Ratio & Proportion
- Square roots
- Simple and Compound Interest
- Profit and Loss, Discount, Partnerships
- Mixture and Alligation
- Time and distance, Time & Work
- Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra & Elementary surds
- Graphs of Linear Equations
- Triangle and its centres
- Congruence and similarity of triangles
- Circle and its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle, Common tangents to two or more circles
- Quadrilaterals, Regular Polygons , Circle, Right Prism, Right Circular Cone, Right Circular Cylinder, Sphere, Hemispheres, Rectangular Parallelepiped, Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square base,
- Trigonometric ratio
- Degree and Radian Measures
- Complementary angles
- Heights and Distances
- Histogram, Frequency polygon, Bar diagram & Pie chart.
RRB NTPC Syllabus – General Intelligence and Reasoning
The Reasoning section would include questions from logical, verbal and non-verbal reasoning from the following topics:
- Space Visualization.
- Similarities and Differences
- Decision Making.
- Arithmetical Number Series.
- Arithmetical Reasoning.
- Relationship Concepts.
- Visual memory.
- Verbal and Figure Classification
- Non-verbal series
- Coding Decoding,
- Statement conclusion
- Syllogistic reasoning
Apart from the above topics, some questions will be asked from the following topics:
- Punched hole/pattern –folding & un-folding
- Figural Pattern – folding and completion
- Indexing, Address matching, Date & city matching,
- Classification of centre codes/roll numbers.
RRB NTPC Syllabus – General Sciences
This section will test 10th level knowledge of the following :
- Environmental Studies.
RRB NTPC Books for preparation
There is a dearth of books in the market for preparation of RRB NTPC examination, leading to intense confusion among candidates. To help you prepare the best here is a recommendation of list of books:
Preparation books for RRB NTPC Arithmetic:
- NCERT books
- Fast Track Objective Arithmetic (Arihant) Rajesh Verma
- Quantitative Aptitude For Competitive Examinations (S.Chand) R.S.Agarwal
Preparation books for RRB NTPC Reasoning:
- A Modern Approach to Verbal and Non Verbal Reasoning (S.Chand) by R.S.Agarwal
- A new approach Verbal and Non Verbal Reasoning (Arihant) by BS Sijwali
Preparation books for RRB NTPC General Awareness and General Science
- Lucent General Knowledge
- Pratiyogita Darpan
- Manorama Year Book.
We will soon publish preparation tips for individual section of RRB NTPC. If you have any queries/questions, feel free to ask them in the comments section below and we will be glad to answer them for you.
Friends this is it for Pattern, Syllabus and Books for preparation of RRB NTPC examination.