RRB NTPC Traffic Assistant Job Profile will cover Traffic Apprentice (TA) Job Description, Career Path, Salary, Vacancies, required qualification and stages of examination for Traffic Apprentice (TA).
In this article
RRB NTPC Job Profile – Traffic Apprentice (TA) Officer Job Description
RRB NTPC Results are being announced zonewise. Click here to check updates on RRB NTPC Result.
Check Traffic Apprentice Job Profile here:
RRB NTPC Job Profile – Traffic Apprentice (TA)
1. Job Description: Traffic Apprentice (TA) has a really exciting work profile.
- Traffic Apprentices are appointed as multi skilled supervisors in Transportation(Operations) branch.
- As a TA you will first have to undergo two years training in various categories of working in Traffic – i.e. as Station Master, Guard, Section Controller, Yard Master and Traffic inspector.
- You might have to work independently as Station Master, Yard Master and Guard during the training period.
- After successful completion of two years training you will be posted as either of the following: Station Master or Section Controller.
Yes. Depending upon in which designation you are posted. For example if you are posted as Guard, your work hours will be similar to a guard and if you are posted as Station Master, work hours of SM will be applicable.
3. Career path:
As an Traffic Apprentice (TA) you will have the following career path
- Station Master followed by Station Superintendent OR
- Section Controller followed by Chief Controller OR
- Assistant Operations Manager followed by Divisional Operations Manager
- You can also sit for various departmental exams for promotion to managerial posts (gazetted).
4. Salary and allowances
The salary and allowances for Traffic Apprentice (TA) are as follows:
Total Pay (i) + (ii )
As an Traffic Apprentice (TA) you will be entitled to the following major allowances:
- DA on Total Pay above
- Transport Allowance
- House Rent Allowance(if not provided with quarters)
- Please note: Kilometreage Allowance (Running Allowance) will NOT be paid Traffic Apprentices who work independently as Guards as part of their training.
The above salary is subject to revision under 7th Pay commission.
5. Vacancies :
Vacancies for the post of Traffic Apprentice (TA) for respective RRBs are:
|Name of RRB||PU||UR||SC||ST||OBC||Total|
Total Vacancies for TA in all RRBs- Gen- 874, SC- 238, ST-126 OBC-1645
Stages of Examination: Single Stage Computer Based Test, followed by Document Verification.
Qualification : Degree from recognized university or equivalent.
Traffic Apprentice (TA) post is ideal for those who desire to have multiple skills. The experience of working for various departments of Indian Railway Traffic division will come in handy at higher positions. The promotion opportunities are exceptional. In all TA should be on 2nd or 3rd order of preference in the form. It is ideal for female candidates as well.
The highest number of vacancies is in Allahabad, Bangalore, Mumbai , Secunderabad and Chennai. Thiruvananthapuram, Siliguri and Kolkata also has good number of vacancies, making TA a good preference for candidates across India.
Friends, this is it for Traffic Apprentice (TA). Click for all job profiles, preferences and eye sight queries.
- RRB NTPC Job Profile: Assistant Station Master (ASM).
- RRB NTPC Job Profile: Commercial Apprentice (CA).
- RRB NTPC Job Profile: Goods Guard.
- RRB NTPC Job Profile: Junior Clerk cum Accountant(JAA).
- RRB NTPC Job Profile: Senior Clerk cum Typist.
- RRB NTPC Job Profile: Traffic Assistant.
- RRB NTPC Job Profile: Enquiry cum Reservation Clerk
- RRB NTPC Job Profile: Senior Time Keeper.
RRB NTPC: Comparison with other Government jobs
Please let us know what is your preference for RRB NTPC Graduate Level examination in the comments section below.