RRB NTPC Junior Account Assistant cum Typist (JAA) Job Description will cover Career Path, Salary, Vacancies, required qualification and stages of examination for Junior Account Assistant (JAA)
RRB NTPC Job Profiles – Junior Account Assistant (JAA)
RRB NTPC Results are being announced zonewise. Click here to check updates on RRB NTPC Result.
RRB NTPC Job Profile – Junior Accounts Assistant cum Typist
1. Job Description: As a Junior Accounts Assistant you will be appointed to work in Department of Finance and Accounts.
- You will be in charge of Clearing Bills , Analyzing Railway Budget, Processing of Purchase order and Verifying Stocks. The accounts department is tasked with the following:
- Maintaining the accounts of the railway in accordance with prescribed rules .
- Internal check of transactions affecting the receipts and expenditure of railway.
- Settlement of claims against railways.
- Advising the administration involving railway finance.
- Compilation of budgets in consultation with other departments and monitoring the budgetary control procedures as may be laid down in the relevant orders and Code rules from time to time.
- To discharge other management accounting functions such as providing financial data for management reporting, assisting inventory management, participation in purchase/contracting decisions and surveys for major schemes in accordance with the relevant rules and orders.
- Ensuring there are no financial irregularities in the transactions of the railway.
- After selection you will be given a training for 45 days.
2. Shift: No Shifts. You will be working in usual office hours. i.e. 9am-6pm on weekdays. Holidays on Saturday and Sunday
3. Career path: As an Junior Accounts Assistant you will have the following career path
- Junior Accounts Officer
- Senior Accounts Officer
- Deputy Chief Account Officers
- Additional Financial Adviser
- Chief Accounts Officer
- Chief Account Officers/ Financial Adviser
4. Salary and allowances
The salary and allowances for Junior Accounts Assistant are as follows:
Total Pay (i) + (ii )
As an Junior Accounts Assistant you will be entitled to the following major allowances:
- DA on Total Pay above (100%): 11360.00
- Transport Allowance(TA): 1600.00
- House Rent Allowance(10%): 1136.00
- Gross Salary: INR 25,456.00
- DEDUCTIONS: CGIS-C 30.00 + PROF. TAX 200.00 + NPS/PF 2272.00 = INR 2502.00
- Total Salary : => 25,456-2502 = INR 22,954/-
The above salary is subject to revision under 7th Pay commission.
5. Vacancies : Vacancies for the post of Junior Accounts Assistant cum Typist for respective RRBs are:
Total Vacancies for JAA in all RRBs- Gen- 553, SC- 223, ST-202 OBC-132
|Name of RRB||PU||UR||SC||ST||OBC||Total|
Stages of Examination: Single Stage Computer Based Test, Typing test followed by Document Verification.
Qualification : Degree from recognized university or equivalent. Candidate must have proficiency in Computer Typing.
Junior Accounts Assistant post is ideal for those who desire to work for railways but are not ready to work in shifts. Further no special skills are required for successfully executing this job. This post is ideal for women candidates too.
The highest number of vacancies is in Mumbai , Bilaspur, Gorakhpur, Bhopal and Chennai.
Friends, this is it for Junior Accounts Assistant . Next up we will cover Senior Clerk Cum Typist.
If you have any queries, please ask them in the comments section below.