RRB NTPC Enquiry cum Reservation Clerk (ECRC) Job Description, Career Path, Salary, Vacancies, required qualification and stages of examination for Enquiry cum Reservation Clerk (ECRC)
In this article
RRB NTPC ECRC Job Profile
RRB NTPC Results are being announced zonewise. Click here to check updates on RRB NTPC Result.
1. ECRC Job Description:
- As the name suggests, the Job of ECRC is to issue computerized reserved tickets for passengers and also to respond to enquiries regarding any issue of the same
- In simple words helping the passengers to plan their travel.
- The best part is that the job is only indoor.
- As such for ladies, it is one of the best posts.
- After selection you will be given a training for 45 days.
2. ECRC Shift:
- In all major stations, ECRC works in two shifts on alternate days – from 8-14 hrs and 14-22 hrs.
- In some small stations where the footfall is less, a single ECRC works in one shift, the timings is adjusted suitably as per the local conditions.
3. ECRC Career path:
As an Enquiry cum Reservation Clerk (ECRC) you will have the following career path
- Enquiry cum Reservation Clerk (ECRC) Grade-II
- Enquiry cum Reservation Clerk (ECRC) Grade-I (Pay 4200)
- Reservation Supervisor (Pay 4600)
- Assistant Commercial Manager
- Divisional Commercial Manager
4. ECRC Salary and allowances
The salary and allowances for Enquiry cum Reservation Clerk (ECRC) are as follows:
Total Pay (i) + (ii )
As an Enquiry cum Reservation Clerk (ECRC) you will be entitled to the following major allowances:
- DA on Total Pay above (100%): 11360.00
- Transport Allowance(TA): 1600.00
- House Rent Allowance(10%): 1136.00
- Gross Salary: INR 25,456.00
- DEDUCTIONS: CGIS-C 30.00 + PROF. TAX 200.00 + NPS/PF 2272.00 = INR 2502.00
- Total Salary : => 25,456-2502 = INR 22,954/-
The above salary is subject to revision under 7th Pay commission.
5. ECRC Vacancies :
Vacancies for the post of Enquiry cum Reservation Clerk (ECRC) for respective RRBs are:
Total Vacancies for ECRC in all RRBs- Gen-51 , SC-21 , ST-11 OBC-38 Total 121
ECRC Stages of Examination:
Single Stage Computer Based Test, Typing test followed by Document Verification.
ECRC Qualification :
Degree from recognized university or equivalent. Candidate must have proficiency in Computer Typing.
The highest number of vacancies is in Allahabad and Kolkata.
Friends, this is it for Enquiry cum Reservation Clerk (ECRC) .
If you have any queries, please ask them in the comments section below.