This article will cover ASM Job Description,ASM Career Path, ASM Salary, ASM Vacancies, ASM required qualification and ASM stages of examination.
RRB NTPC Assistant Station Master (ASM) Salary, Job Profile, Vacancy, Career Path
RRB NTPC results and cutoffs are out. Though there are 18252 vacancies, you will have to fill out preferences to decide which one is the best for you.
Inorder to help candidates select the job profile that suits their nature, we will do a series of posts on different job profiles mentioned in NTPC official notification.
RRB NTPC Job Profile – Assistant Station Master (ASM)
1. Job Description: The assistant station master (ASM) is in charge of running of trains at his station of posting. As an ASM you will be operating the signals, ensuring that all tasks are completed as per the rule book.
2. Shift : Yes. An ASM has to work in shifts.
3. No. of ASM at one station: Generally each station has one ASM, though bigger stations may have more than one ASM.
4. Career path: As an ASM you will have the following career path
- Assistant Station Master
- Station Master
- Station Supt.
- Assistant Operations Manager
- Divisional Operations Manager
5. Salary and other perks
5200 – 20200
Total Pay (i) + (ii )
6. Vacancies : Vacancies for the post of ASM for respective RRBs is given below:
Gen- 3024, SC- 934, ST-505 OBC-1476
|Name of RRB||PU||UR||SC||ST||OBC||Total|
Qualification : Degree from recognized university or equivalent.
Stages of Examination: Single Stage Computer Based Test, Aptitude test followed by Document Verification.
ASM is the category with higher number of vacancies across all RRBs. You need to have good organisational skills for being eligible for being a good ASM.
Friends, this is it for Job profile ASM. Click for all Job Profiles Description and Post Preferences
8. RRB NTPC Job Profile: Senior Time Keeper.
Please let us know what is your preference for RRB NTPC Graduate Level examination.