RRB NTPC Exam 2016 will test you on Environmental Concepts. Food Chain is an important concept in the Environmental section.
RRB NTPC Exam 2016 #Daily Infographic on General Science (Environment)
- Every living thing needs energy in order to live. Every time animals do something (run, jump) they use energy to do so.
- Animals get energy from the food they eat, and all living things get energy from food. Plants use sunlight, water and nutrients to get energy.
- Energy is necessary for living beings to grow.
- A food chain shows how each living thing gets food, and how nutrients and energy are passed from creature to creature. Food chains begin with plant-life, and end with animal-life. Some animals eat plants, some animals eat other animals.
- Each level of consumption in a food chain is called a Trophic level.
- Food Web Summary: Autotrophs (For example: green plants, seaweeds, and lichens) are called Producers because only they can use energy to manufacture food from inorganic raw materials. This food feeds Herbivores, called Primary consumers. Carnivores that feed on herbivores are called secondary consumers. Carnivores that feed on other carnivores are Tertiary consumers.