RPSC RAS pre results had been announced which brought joy and happiness to the selected candidates. But I want to convey one message that this is the time to be calm and to boost up your preparation alongwith your writing skills in double pace as you did it for pre exam. This is the time for not losing this golden opportunity. So just wake up and keep practicing.
With only few days left for RAS mains exam, we bring you some key points to clear the mains exam in very efficient manner. But before that lets have a look of changed mains pattern of the Exam.
GS-I -> History + Polity + Economy + Geography + Rajasthan GK
GS-II -> Reasoning + Quantitative Aptitude + Science + Rajasthan Scientific Events
GS-III -> Current issues of India and Rajasthan + International Relations + Social Justice + Public Administration
GS- IV -> English Language
Here we divided your preparation booster in 3 segments:
- Execution – On the dates of exams
Strategic preparation is the soul of mains preparation. If you are able to maintain a proper strategy then chances of selection will increase by the value of 40-50%.
How to make Strategy:
- Just start with the basic concepts and facts of each subject. It will help you for understanding the subject from every direction so that if some indirect question will appear in the exam then you can easily write whatever RPSC wants to ask.
- Always start your preparation with the subjects you know more but don’t spend much time on that subject.
- After successful completion of most comfortable subject now a rough idea of the total available time upto one week before the exam.
- Divide whole allotted time as per the requirement of the subject. Let’s say ( Total time 200 hrs -> 50 hrs for each paper in average)
- Try to complete each subject within the allotted time, if not then need not to be panic just leave that subject as it is uncompleted.
- Because if one subject is consuming more required time then another subject may finish in lesser time. It means second subject is the compensation for the first subject.
- Whatever you have studied just make a practice of writing each and everything.
- Let say if you are studying Judiciary system of India then make notes on Judiciary just after finishing the complete topic.
- Make a strict time table for you on daily basis. You are required daily 8-10 hrs study for mains as very less time has left.
- Focus on healthy topics. Study all Government schemes of Rajasthan state with special attention and keep an eye on central schemes as well.
- During exams try to write the answer in points.
- Underline the key points of your answer.
How to write effectively:
- Don’t even try to become think tank during exams. Write only the asked question not more than that and not less than that.
- Don’t try to criticize the policy of the Government. Your answer must be in a diplomatic way not in a biased way no matter how you like or dislike the schemes of the government.
- For study point of view, study Rajasthan state thoroughly either it is physiographic, policies, tribal areas and tribes and important personalities etc.
Focus on three things while writing for long answers which are of 200 words:
- Introduction -> Not more than 20 words
- Main Content -> 140 words
- Conclusion -> 40-50 words
If you are not able to write 200 words for long questions then don’t try to stretch it too much. In exam only your content will matter not the word limit.
Try to start your exam with 20 words question only. They increase your confidence level as well as they works as warm up agents. But if you are not able to write the short answers then head for next.
Sometimes in RAS mains exam 20 words answer end up in one word.
For 50 words answer better to write in points. The answer should be informative and there is no need to do innovation with words. Always remember a mantra “keep it simple”.
At last, all the best to all appearing candidates for the mains exam.
Thank you and All the best.