RPF Exam Pattern 2018 for Constables & Sub-Inspectors – Check Here! Railway Protection Force has announced a huge number of vacancies this year for the posts of Sub Inspector and Constable. A total number of 9739 vacancies are available to be filled – 8619 for the post of Constable and 1120 for the post of Sub Inspector. Here, we have provided the RRB RPF Exam Pattern 2018 for SI and Constable posts. Note that the exam pattern for both the posts is same. You only need to be more careful with the SI paper since it has a higher difficulty level.
RPF Exam Pattern 2018 for Constables & Sub-Inspectors – Check Here!
Important Dates for RRB RPF 2018
|Exam Events||Important Dates|
|Start Date of Online Applications||1st June 2018|
|Last Date of Online Applications||30th June 2018|
|Last Date for Payment||2nd July 2018|
|Tentative Date of Exam||19th Dec 2018|
RPF Important Highlight
Before getting into the details of RPF Exam Pattern, let’s have an overview of the exam:
|Exam Name||RPF/ RPSF Exam 2018|
|Name of the Post||Railway Protection Force / Railway Protection Special Force Constables & SI|
|No of Vacancies||9739|
|Exam Date||19th December 2018|
RPF Exam Pattern 2018 for Constables & SI Post
The RPF selection will be based on 3 stages as follows:
- Computer Based Test (CBT)
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET) & Physical Measurement Test (PMT)
- Document Verification (DV)
1. Phase I – Computer Based Test
The CBT will be the first stage of selection that will be based on the following pattern:
|Sections||Number of Questions / Maximum Marks|
|General Awareness||50 / 50|
|Arithmetic||35 / 35|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||35 / 35|
|Total||120 / 120|
- The total time duration for RPF CBT is 90 minutes.
- There is negative marking for incorrect answers.
- There is 1/3rd negative marking.
- No mark shall be awarded or deducted for questions not attempted.
The CBT will be conducted in the following languages:
The minimum marks to qualify in the CBT is 35 percent for candidates belonging to Unreserved Categories. For SC and ST candidates, the RPF Cut Off marks is 30 percent.
2. Phase II – Physical Efficiency Test (PET) & Physical Measurement Test (PMT)
RPF Physical Efficiency Test (RPF PET)
The PET is just qualifying in nature and no marks will be awarded in this phase. This means it won’t be considered for final merit listing. But passing this phase is mandatory failing which candidates won’t be allowed to appear for the next Phase of the exam.
Based on the merit in the CBT, you will be called for PET and PMT to the extent of 10 times the vacancies allotted under that category.
|1600 meters run||5 min 45 sec||–|
|800 meters run||–||3 min 40 sec|
|Long Jump||14 feet||9 feet|
|High Jump||4 feet||3 feet|
For both 800 meters and 1600 meters running event only one chance will be given. For Long Jump and High Jump, every candidate will get two chances. Ex-Serviceman candidates won’t have to appear for PET.
RPF Physical Measurement Test (RPF PMT)
The PMT too is just qualifying in nature but candidates must meet all the criteria.
|UR / OBC||165 cm||157 cm|
|SC / ST||160 cm||152 cm|
|Garhwalis, Gorkhas, Marathas, Dogras, Kumaonese and other Categories specified by Govt.||163 cm||155 cm|
|Chest (Only For Male Candidates)|
|UR / OBC||80 cm||85 cm|
|SC / ST||76.2 cm||81.2 cm|
|Garhwalis, Gorkhas, Marathas, Dogras, Kumaonese and other Categories specified by Govt.||80 cm||85 cm|
Height and chest measurement will be conducted for all candidates who qualify in 1600 meters and 800 meters running event. Chest measurement is only for male candidates. Male candidates whose height is below the criteria mentioned above will be disqualified and will not be considered for chest measurement. Again, if the unexpanded chest is below the criteria mentioned above, the expanded chest of the candidate will not be measured and the candidate will be disqualified.
Phase III – Document Verification
- Based on your performance in CBT and subject to your qualifying in PET & PMT, you will be called for Document Verification.
- In cases of two or more candidates securing same marks, their merit position shall be determined by age criteria i.e. older person shall be given higher seniority.
- Your appointment is subject to your passing requisite Medical Fitness Test to be conducted by Railway Administration, final verification of educational and category certificates, verification of character and antecedents of the candidates from the local Administration and successful completion of initial training.
RPF Final Selection
Final selection and appointment of candidates will be on the basis of Medical Fitness Test as conducted by the Railway Administration. Also, the candidates’ documents (qualification, category, etc.) should be in order.
Know more about RPF Recruitment 2018 by clicking the link below: