RBI Recruitment for various vacancies has been announced. [no_toc]
Bookmark this page for viewing the latest updates on RBI Recruitment 2016.
RBI Recruitment : Reserve Bank of India
Applications from eligible candidates are invited for various posts issued under Reserve Bank of India Recruitment.
Reserve Bank Recruitment Details
Name of Position: Research Positions in Grade ‘B’
|Category||Number of Posts|
Note: These are entry level openings. The reservation will be applicable as per Govt. of India rules. Candidates belonging to OBC category but coming in the ‘Creamy Layer’ are not entitled to OBC reservation. They should indicate their category as ‘General (GEN)’.
Note for PWD candidates
(1) There is no reservation for Persons with Disabilities (PWD). However the PWD candidates are eligible to apply as General candidates without any concession except for age relaxation.
(2) The degree of disability should be (i) Minimum 40% in case of Orthopedically Handicapped (OH) persons, (ii) Minimum 40% in case of Hearing Impaired (HI)- sense of hearing is non-functional for ordinary purposes of life; do not hear, understand sounds at all even with amplified speech; hearing loss more than 60 decibels in the better ear (profound impairment) or total loss of hearing in both ears, and (iii) For Visually Handicapped (VH) persons either of the following conditions should be fulfilled:
- Total absence of sight.
- With visual acuity not exceeding 6/60 or 20/200 (Snellen) in the better eye with correcting lenses.
- With limitation of the field of vision subtending an angle of 20 degrees or worse.
(3) PWD candidates should possess a latest certificate to this effect issued by an authorized Government of India/ State Government Department/ Hospital.
(4) Within the overall notified total vacancies, PWD candidates belonging to any of the three categories of disability will be considered for selection, subject to their suitability
(5) Only following categories of PWD candidates are eligible to apply for this post:
- OH candidates: OA – One arm affected (Right or Left); BL – Both legs affected but not arms; OL – One leg affected (Right or Left),
- HI candidates: PD – Partially Deaf; D – Deaf
- VH candidates: B – Blind; LV- Low Vision
Eligibility Criteria (as on November 1, 2016)
(i) Age (as on November 1, 2016): The applicant should be below 34 years of age. Upper age is relaxable by-
- Three years in the case of eligible OBC candidates as one post is reserved for them.
- Five years in the case of: i) Ex-employees of banking institutions whose services had to be terminated for reasons of economy or as a result of bank going into liquidation and personnel retrenched from Government Offices after at least one year’s service and currently registered with Employment Exchange, ii) Ex-servicemen (including Emergency Commissioned Officers/Short Service Commissioned Officers) provided applicants have rendered at least five years continuous Military Service and have been released on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within one year) otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency or on account of physical disability or have been released on account of physical disability attributable to Military Service or on invalidment, iii) Emergency Commissioned Officers/Short Service Commissioned Officers who have completed their initial period of assignment of five years of Military Service but whose assignment has been extended beyond five years and in whose case the Ministry of Defence issues certificates that they would be released on selection within three months from the date of receipt of offer of appointment, iv) Candidates who had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu and Kashmir between 1st January, 1980 and 31st December, 1989.
- 10 years for PWD (GEN); 13 years for PWD (OBC) candidates.
- For eligible staff candidates the relaxation in age limit is according to RBI circular CO.HRMD.No.G-75/5599/05.01.01/2013-2014 dated December 20, 2013.
NOTE: CUMULATIVE AGE RELAXATION WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE EITHER UNDER THE ABOVE ITEMS OR IN COMBINATION WITH ANY OTHER ITEMS.
Educational Qualifications (to be completed before July 31, 2017)
Ph.D. in areas of Economics or Finance from reputed universities is the minimum required educational qualification. The Bank will also look at those with interest and expertise in related areas in econometrics, computational and theoretical economics. High quality research potential and communication skills of international standards are essential.
RBI Recruitment: Selection Procedure
A screening of the applications will be carried out for shortlisting eligible candidates who will be called for a preliminary interview. Candidates shortlisted after the preliminary interview will be invited to present a ‘Job Seminar’ at the RBI. The final selection will be made based on the candidates’ performance in the ‘Job Seminar’.
Merely fulfilling the minimum requirements laid down for the post would not automatically entitle any candidate for preliminary interview/Job Seminar. The place and date of preliminary interview/Job Seminar will be advised to the short-listed candidates in due course.
How to apply for RBI Recruitment
(i) The candidates applying for the post must submit their application by email or by post to “The General Manager, Reserve Bank of India Services Board, Third Floor, RBI Building, Opp. Mumbai Central Railway Station, Byculla, Mumbai – 400008” in the prescribed format (as given below in this advertisement).
(ii) A recent photograph is to be pasted at the appropriate place and application should be signed by the candidate. Incomplete and illegible applications will be rejected.
(iii) The subject mentioned in the e-mail / cover containing the application should be super scribed with the name of the post applied for i.e. ‘Application for Research Positions in RBI’.
(iv) The following documents should be submitted along with the application:
- Proof of age (copy of High school leaving/ passing certificate mentioning the Date of Birth, passport, etc.)
- Copy of Certificate of acquiring Ph. D. in Economics or Finance (if completed) or documentary evidence to establish registration for the course.
- CV, Details of Research work, links to published and unpublished research work and names and e-mail address of three academic scholars to serve as references.
- OBC candidates have to submit a latest OBC Caste Certificate issued on or after October 1, 2015 along with OBC Declaration Form.
- PWD candidates should submit a latest certificate to this effect issued by an authorized Government of India/ State Government Department/ Hospital.