In this article you will get RBI Grade B General Awareness Pattern. RBI Grade B General Awareness Syllabus. Topic Wise Preparation Tips for RBI Grade B General Awareness Section of RBI Grade B Exam. Study Plan for RBI Grade B General Awareness Section of RBI Grade B Exam.
To help you prepare the best, we have started a series of articles on RBI Grade B Exam preparation. In this series we will tell you the pattern/syllabus, study plan and preparation tips of individual sections viz,
- Quantitative Aptitude
How to prepare for RBI Grade B General Awareness Section:
We have already covered the English Sections.
Today we will take up the General Awareness Section of RBI Grade B Exam.
RBI Grade B General Awareness Pattern
Below is the section wise breakup of RBI Grade B Phase I exam:
RBI Grade B General Awareness Syllabus
1. Current Affairs:
- National/ International Current Affairs
- Economy current affairs
2. Static Affairs:
- Banking Theory
- Banking Awareness
RBI Grade B General Awareness: Topic Wise Preparation Tips.
1. Current Affairs
- National Current Affairs
- International Current Affairs
- Person in News/ Awards
- Economy Current Affairs
- Important organisations : SEBI, RBI
- Credit rating Agencies: National & International
- FDI limits in different sectors
- Schemes launched by governments related to banking and finance
- Export and Import Items
- RBI Monetary Review
- Announcements made by RBI and other banks
- Business News: Mergers Acquisitions and Buyouts.
2. Static Affairs
- History of Banking in India: Which was the first bank to be setup in Madras province etc. Nationalization of Banks.
- Organizations:RBI; NABARD; Planning Commission; 5 year plans; Finance Commission; World Bank
- Reserve Bank of India’s role in Indian banking system.
- Economic/ Financial terms & concepts: GDP; GNP; PPP; HDI; Inflation; WPI; CPI; IIP; SLR; CRR; Repo rate; Reverse Repo; Bank rate; Mutual Funds, Open Market Operations; Money supply
- Foreign Exchange reserves of India.
- Different kind of accounts and corresponding interest rates
- Non Banking Financial companies: Definition, Difference from bank etc.
- NPA and SARFAESI
- Acts, Committees & legislation: Budget 2016, Railway Budget 2016; Companies Bill 2013
- Banking services: Assets, liabilities and working capital of a bank; NEFT; RTGS; Banking Correspondence agents;Bancassurance; Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana
- BASEL norms
- Financial Inclusion and various initiatives for it.
- Types of Markets, Money and banking instruments
- Reverse Mortgage Loans.
- Priority Sector Lending.
- Banking Abbreviations, terms and concepts.
- Headquarters of Banks
Suggested Books for RBI GRADE B Banking Awareness:
Best Current Affairs Books for RBI Grade B Exam
RBI Grade B General Awareness Study Plan.
- Read Newspapers (For better utilization of time read Economic Times)
- Watch news for 15 mins daily for all the current happenings of the world.
- Follow a proper study plan designed by Subject Experts.
- Create your own notes for examination.
- Give 1 hour daily for preparation.
- Start giving Mock Tests and online quizzes
- Give at least 1 Mock Test everyday.
- Read Partiyogita Darpan .
- You can also use any other current affairs magazine like CST, Chronicle or Wizard.
- Focus on the 5-6 most recent issues of the magazine
Friends this is it for RBI Grade B General Awareness Section.If you have any queries regarding the preparation of RBI Grade B General Awareness Section, feel free to ask it in the comments section below. We will be glad to answer them.