Qualify IAS Prelims 2016 and the Government of India will provide financial support up to 50,000
IAS Prelims 2016
Ministry of Minority Affairs, Govt of India is offering financial aid to candidates from minority communities who clear the civil services Prelims examination (as well as other selected exams) so as to increase representation of minorities in central and state civil services.
Financial Assistance Details
The rate of financial assistance will be Rs. Fifty thousand (Rs. 50,000/- for Gazetted Post; and Rs 25,000/- for Non- Gazetted Post). This is a one time award and those candidates who have availed this benefit in 2013-14 are not eligible. Candidates are advised to submit only one application.
The prescribed application duly filled along with all relevant documents as mentioned in the application form, may be sent to :
The Under Secretary (SS),
Room No. 1130,
Ministry of Minority Affairs,
Paryavaran Bhawan, 11th floor, CGO Complex,
Lodhi Road, New Delhi — 110003.
The envelop should clearly super scribed with Prelims “Application for Scheme of Support for Minority Students Clearing Prelims conducted by UPSC, SSC, State PSC” and should reach within 30 days from the date of announcement of result of Prelims Exam.
Terms and Conditions
- The candidate should belong to one of the Minority Communities notified under Section 2 (C ) of National Commission for Minorities Act, 1992 and should have passed the Prelims Examination conducted by UPSC; State PSCs or SSC etc.
- Total family income of the candidates from all sources should not exceed Rs. 4.5 lakh per annum.
- The financial support can be availed by a candidate only once. The candidate will not be eligible to benefit from any other similar Scheme of the Central or State Governments /UT Administrations. In case the candidate decides to opt for other Schemes; he/she will have to forgo the claim from this Ministry and refund the amount if already availed with 10% interest. He / she needs to give an affidavit to the effect, that he /she is not availing such benefit from any other source.
- The candidate should submit the proof of passing of preliminary examination conducted by Union Public Services Commission, State Public Services Commission, Staff Selection Commission etc. or equal examination for Group ‘A’ and ‘B’( Gazetted and Non Gazetted ) Civil Services. This consists of Roll Number slip, Identity Card and Result.
- The candidate should submit the proof of income of the family from the all sources. The annual Income Certificate should be issued by a Competent Authority as may deem fit by State Government/UT Administration.The candidate should submit Affidavit / Certificate for community proof to be issued by the Competent Authority.
Number of Beneficiaries
Every year up to a maximum of 800 candidates will be given financial support under the scheme throughout the country on fulfilling the eligibility criteria till the budgetary allocation is exhausted. The physical distribution of benefits to different notified minority communities will be as follows:
Muslims: 584; Christians: 96 ; Sikhs:80; Buddhists:32 ; and Parsis: 8.
Details of scheme and format of the application, download the PDF below –