Profit and Loss Questions for banking and all sarkari naukri examinations.
Profit and Loss – Quantitative Aptitude
Cost Price: The price, at which an article is purchased, is called its cost price, abbreviated as C.P.
Selling Price: The price, at which an article is sold, is called its selling prices, abbreviated as S.P.
Profit or Gain: If S.P. is greater than C.P., the seller is said to have a profit or gain.
Loss: If S.P. is less than C.P., the seller is said to have incurred a loss.
- C P = 100/(100+gain %)×S P
- S P = (100+gain % )/100 ×C P
- Profit % = Profit/(C P)×100
- Profit/gain = SP – CP
- Loss = C P – S P
- Loss % = LOSS/(C P)×100
- S P = (100-loss %)/100×C P
- C P = 100/(100-loss %)×S P
- When a person sells two similar items, one at a gain of say x%, and the other at a loss of x%, then the seller always incurs a loss given by: x2/100
- If a trader professes to sell his goods at cost price, but uses false weights, thenGain% = [Error/(True Value-Error)] x100
Profit and Loss topic is very essential for all the competitive examinations. From this section atleast 2-3 questions will surely come. So,here are some questions and answers for practice.
Profit and Loss Questions and Quiz: