Problems on Ages for all banking, insurance and sarkari naukri examinations.
Problems on Ages – Quantitative Aptitude
1. If the current age of a person be X, then
age after n years = X + n
age n years ago = X – n
n times the age = nX
If ages in the numerical are mentioned in ratio A : B, then A : B will be AX and BX.
2. In general, at the starting of the solution we have to assume the present age of one person. It is better to assume the present age = ‘x’ years.
3. So I advise you to assume the age of the younger person = ‘x’ years.
4. If the present age ‘A’ and ‘B’ are ‘x’ and ‘y’ years respectively, then
‘n’ years ago => Age of ‘A’ and ‘B’ were (x-n) and (y-n) years respectively.
‘n’ years after => Age of ‘A’ and ‘B’ will be (x+n) and (y+n) years respectively.
5. The age difference between you and your friend is let’s suppose 6 years. And after 10 or 15 years this will be same, because clock will run equally for both of you. I hope you are getting what I am trying to say.
6. If sum of ages of x and y is A and ratio of their ages is p : q respectively, then u can determine age of y by using the formula shown below:
Points to Remember:
i) After reading the question, assume unknown age by some variable x.
ii) Convert the statements in the question into mathematical equations.
iii) Calculate the unknown by solving the equations and the obtained value must satisfy the conditions given in the problem.
Ages is an important and easy topic in all the banking, insurance and sarkari naukri examinations. From this section atleast 2 question will come for sure. So, make sure you can be through with the important topics, so that you can be in safe side. Here are some questions and quiz, now try your knowledge on Ages.