- President Barack Obama on Thursday appointed Indian American MasterCard CEO Ajay Banga to a key administration post as a member of the Commission on Enhancing National Cybersecurity
- Banga is one of the nine members of the Commission on Enhancing National Cybersecurity appointed by Obama, a White House announcement said.
- Banga has been president and CEO of MasterCard since 2010. He joined MasterCard in 2009 as President and COO.
- Prior to joining MasterCard, he held various senior management roles with Citigroup from 1996 to 2009, most recently serving as CEO of Citigroup Asia Pacific.
- He was director for Marketing and Business Development at PepsiCo Restaurants International India from 1994 to 1996 and began his career at Nestle India, working in sales and management roles from 1981 to 1994.
- An alumnus of the Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad, he is also a member of the Board of Directors of the Dow Chemical Company, the Board of Governors of the American Red Cross, the Council of Foreign Relations, and serves as Chairman of the Financial Services Roundtable and Co-Chair of the American India Foundation.
- Banga has served as a member of the Advisory Committee for Trade Policy and Negotiations since 2015.