NDA Syllabus Pattern Books for preparation to crack the Exam.[no_toc]
NDA Exam for admission in National Defence Academy and Naval Academy will be conducted by the UPSC. This exam is held twice a year.
- If you aspire to be a part of Indian Armed Forces i.e. The Army, The Navy and The Air Force you must appear in this exam.
- It is a two tier exam and a candidate is required to qualify iin both the stages to get selected.
- Pay Scale : Rs. 15600- 39100/-
- Grade Pay : Rs. 5400/-
NDA & NA 2017 will be held on 23rd April 2017 for the session starting from January 2018.
The question paper will be designed to test the candidates understanding of English and workman-like use of words.
General Knowledge, including knowledge of current events and such matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspects as may be expected of an educated person who has not made a special study of any scientific subject. The paper will also include questions of History of India and Geography of a nature which candidates should be able to answer without special study.
- Number system
- Natural numbers
- Rational and Real numbers
- Fundamental Operations-addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, square roots, decimal fractions.
- Unitary method:
- Time and distance
- Time and work
- applications to simple and compound interest
- profit and loss
- ratio and proportion
- Elementary Number Theory:
- Division algorithm
- Prime and composite numbers
- Tests of divisibility by 2, 3, 4, 5, 9 and 11
- Multiples and factors
- Factorization Theorem
- H.C.F. and L.C.M.
- Basic operations
- Simple factors
- Remainder Theorem
- H.C.F., L.C.M
- Theory of Polynomials
- Solutions of quadratic equations
- relation between its roots and coefficients (only real roots to be considered).
- Simultaneous linear equations in two unknowns-analytical and graphical solutions.
- Simultaneous linear in-equations in two variables and their solutions.
- Practical problems leading to two simultaneous linear equations or in-equations in two variables or quadratic equations in one variable and their solutions.
- Set language and set notation
- Rational expressions and conditional identities
- Laws of indices.
- Sine x, Cosine x, Tangent x when 0Â° < x< 90Â°.
- Values of sin x, cos x and tan x, for x = 0Â°, 30Â°, 45Â°, 60Â° and 90Â°.
- Simple trigonometric identities. Use of trigonometric tables.
- Simple cases of heights and distances.
- Lines and angles
- Plane and plane figures.
- Theorems on:
- Properties of angles at a point
- Parallel lines
- Sides and angles of a triangle
- Congruency of triangles
- Similar triangles
- Concurrence of medians and altitudes
- Properties of angles, sides and diagonals of a parallelogram, rectangle and square
- Circle and its properties, including tangents and normals
- Areas of squares, rectangles, parallelograms, triangle and circle.
- Areas of figures, which can be split up into the figures (Field Book).
- Surface area and volume of cuboids, lateral surface and volume of right circular cones and cylinders.
- Surface area and volume of spheres.
- Collection and tabulation of statistical data.
- Graphical representation-frequency polygons, histograms, bar charts, pie charts, etc.
- Measures of Central Tendency.
NDA Exam Pattern
NDA Exam follows a two-stage selection procedure where a written test is conducted first followed by interview round. A candidate should strategise his/her NDA Preparation accordingly. Refer the below table for written exam pattern.
|General ability test||600|
Candidates who qualify the written exam are called upon for the interview round. Here is a little insight on the subjects of written exam.
Mathematics – Following topics are covered in Mathematics.
- Matrices and Determinants
- Analytical Geometry
- Differential Calculus
- Integral Calculus and Differential Equations
- Statistics and Probability
General Ability Test – It is divided into two parts.
- English (200 Marks)
- General Knowledge (400 Marks)
Important Books For NDA Exam
There are a lot of books out there in the name of NDA Exam Preparation but not every book is worth. Here is a list of important books that can be referred for NDA Preparation by the candidates.
NDA Books to Prepare
|Subject||Link To Buy|
Pathfinder for NDA & NA Entrance Examination
Chapterwise-Sectionwise Solved Papers NDA & NA
Mathematics for NDA and NA
NDA & NA Entrance Examination: Previous Solved Papers
NDA/NA Exam Guide 2017 Hindi
Friends this is it for NDA Syllabus Pattern Books to Read for preparation of examination.We will soon publish detailed section wise NDA Syllabus Pattern Books for preparation. If you have any queries/questions. Feel free to ask them in the comments section below. And we will be glad to answer them for you.