NDA Exam Pattern 2020, View here UPSC NDA Exam Pattern and Selection Processfor 392 Defence & Naval Academy Posts and check complete detail here.
NDA Exam Pattern 2020 – Check Complete Paper pattern here
NDA Exam Pattern 2020 – Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has prescribed the exam pattern of NDA 2020. With the help of NDA exam pattern 2020, applicants can get an idea regarding the number of subjects, time duration, total marks and marking scheme of the exam. According to NDA 2020 exam pattern, the written examination comprises two subjects – Mathematics and General Ability Test (GAT). Each paper is conducted for 2 ½ hours duration. Total 900 marks have been allotted for written examination. Candidates qualifying the written examination will be called for SSB Interview. The SSB Interview carries total 900 marks. NDA 1 exam will be conducted offline on 19th April 2020. Read below for more details on NDA exam pattern 2020.
UPSC NDA & NA (I) Notification 2019, Apply Online for 418 Defence & Naval Academy Posts: Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has published notification to conduct National Defence Academy (NDA) & Naval Academy (NA) (II) Examination 2019 for admission to the Army, Navy and Air Force wings of the NDA for the 140th Course and for the 102nd Indian Naval Academy Course (INAC). Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has given an employment notification for the recruitment of National Defence Academy & Naval Academy Examination (I), 2020 (Indian Naval Academy Course (INAC)).
Highlights of NDA Exam Pattern 2020
|Stages of the exam||1. Written Exam
2. SSB Interview
|Mode of Exam||Offline mode|
|Duration of the exam||2 ½ hours (each paper) 5 hours (total duration of written exam)|
|Exam timings||10 am to 12.30 pm – Mathematics paper 2 pm to 4.30 pm – GAT|
|Number of papers||Paper 1: Mathematics
Paper 2: General Ability Test
|Number of questions||Mathematics Paper – 120 questions
GAT – 150 questions
|Type of questions||Objective type 4 options each with only 1 correct option|
|Language of question paper||English and Hindi|
|Negative Marking||Mathematics and GAT – 1/3|
|Total marks||Mathematics section – 300
GAT – 600 (English – 200 marks and General Knowledge part carries 400 marks)
NDA Scheme of Exam
|Subject||Duration/ Maximum Marks|
|Mathematics||2½ Hours/ 300 Marks|
|General Ability Test||2½ Hours/ 600 Marks|
NDA SSB Test/Interview
|SSB Test/Interview :||900 Marks|
The SSB procedure consists of two stages – stage 1 and stage 2. Only those candidates who qualified stage 1 can appear for stage 2. The stages of SSB Interview are explained below:
The stage 1 of SSB Interview comprises Officer Intelligence Rating (OIR) tests and Picture Perception and Description Test (PP&DT).
The stage 2 of SSB Interview comprises Group Testing Officer Tasks, Psychology Tests and the Conference. These tests are conducted over 4 days.
NDA Recruitment: Important Dates
- Starting Date for Apply Online: 08-01-2020
- Last Date to Apply Online: 28-01-2020 till 06:00 pm
- Last Date for Fee Payment (by cash): 27-01-2020 till 23:59 pm
- Last Date for Fee Payment (Online): 28-01-2020 till 06:00 pm
- Date for online application Withdrawn: 04 to 11-02-2020 till 6:00 pm
- Date of Exam: 19-04-2020
- Date of Declaration of Exam Result: June 2020
NDA Syllabus 2019
The syllabus of NDA outlines the topics from Mathematics and GAT that candidates need to prepare for the exam. The syllabus has been defined by the exam conducting authority, UPSC. Candidates can check the topics required for the syllabus in the table below.
Topics asked in NDA paper
|Mathematics||Algebra, matrices and determinants, Trigonometry, Analytical Geometry of two and three dimensions, differential calculus, Statistics and Probability, Vector Algebra and Integral calculus and differential equations|
|GAT||English, Physics, Chemistry, General Science, Social Studies, Geography and Current Events|
As per Union Public Service Commission (UPSC), the subject-wise distribution of marks is given below. Candidates can find the same below –
NDA Paper Pattern: Subject-wise distribution of marks
|6||History, Freedom Movement, etc.||80|
To check the graphical representation of marks distribution of the NDA question paper candidates can check the graph below.
NDA Exam Pattern 2018: Benefits of knowing paper pattern
- The knowledge of the NDA paper pattern will be beneficial for the candidates preparing for NDA & NA (I) 2018 exam. Check the benefits of knowing the NDA exam pattern as given below.
- If the candidates are aware of NDA 2018 paper pattern, they will be able to work on strategies to qualify the exam.
- With better preparation strategies in place, candidates will have a competitive edge over the other candidates appearing in the exam.
- As there is negative marking, candidates will be able to prioritize the questions they wish to attempt in the exam as blind marking of answers will attract negative marking.
- The duration of exam as mentioned in the exam pattern of NDA exam pattern will further help candidates in keeping a time-check while practicing the questions and eventually leading to complete the exam before time.
- As the NDA exam pattern also mentions subject-wise distribution of questions, it’ll assist candidates in practice questions strategically which may help in scoring good.
NDA Exam Pattern – General Ability Test
- The General Ability Test question booklet will be divided into four parts – A, B, C, D.
- There will be total 150 questions in the test booklet.
- The maximum marks allotted for the General Ability Section is 600.
- For correct answers, candidates will be given 4 marks and for incorrect answers, 0.33 marks will be deducted as wrong answers.
- The time duration of the Paper is 2 hours 30 min
- All questions will carry equal marks
- There will be four options and candidates will have to choose only one option.
NDA Exam Pattern – Mathematics
- The mathematics section will carry total 120 questions.
- The maximum marks allotted to this section is 300
- Each question will carry 2.5 marks and 0.33 marks will be deducted for wrong answers.
- The question paper will be set both in English and Hindi
NDA Exam Pattern – SSB Tests
Candidates shortlisted in written examination will be called for SSB tests. The test is conducted for five days. The stages of SSB Tests includes screening test, psychological test, GTO, Personal Interview and Conference. Candidates need to qualify in all stages by securing minimum qualifying marks.
NDA Recruitment: Important Links
|UPSC NDA & NA (I) Exam 2020||More Information|
|Official Notification||VIEW HERE|
|Online Application||Part I | Part II|
|View/ Print Application||Click Here|
|Instructions to Apply Online||Click Here|
|Frequently Asked Questions||Click Here|