After reading our 10 Prestigious exams after IBPS PO post, many of you requested information like important dates, pattern, syllabus and preparation tips for the various exams mentioned in the post.
NABARD is short for National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development. It was founded on 12 July 1982 by transferring the agricultural credit functions of RBI and refinance functions of the then Agricultural Refinance and Development Corporation (ARDC). NABARD was dedicated to the service of the nation on 05 November 1982.
NABARD’s mission is to promote sustainable and equitable agriculture and rural prosperity through effective credit support, related services, institution development and other innovative initiatives.
National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development had recently released notification for the Recruitment of Development Assistants/Development Assistants
Important Dates for NABARD DEVELOPMENT ASSISTANT OFFICER EXAM
Start Date for Online Registration : 8th October 2015
Last Date for Online Registration : 30th October 2015
Date of Online Test : November / December 2015
Qualification for NABARD DEVELOPMENT ASSISTANT OFFICER EXAM(As on 31.07.2015)
At least a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with a minimum of 50% marks (pass class for SC/ST/PWD candidates) in the aggregate and knowledge of word processing on Computer is essential.
Age (As on 31.07.2015)
The candidate should be between 18 and 35 years of age for eligibility to appear for NABARD Development Assistant exam.
NABARD Development Assistant officer gets an approx take home salary of Rs. 21,419/-. The CTC (excluding housing allowance) works out to be 2,90,000 approx. There are ample opportunities for promotion in NABARD.
The pattern for NABARD Development assistant exam has a striking similarity with IBPS Clerk Mains Examination. There are a total of 200 questions asked for a cumulative time duration of 2 Hours. There are 5 sections as shown below:
|Sections||No of questions||Marks||Time|
The syllabus of NABARD DEVELOPMENT ASSISTANT OFFICER is as follows
English Language Syllabus for NABARD Development Assistant
Following topics should be covered for preparing the English language section of NABARD Development Assistant Officer exam:
- Fill in the Blanks/Cloze Passage
- Sentence Correction.
- Rearrangement of Sentence .
- Comprehensive Passages.
- Idioms & Phrases.
General Awareness Syllabus for NABARD Development Assistant
Following topics should be covered for preparing the General Awareness section of NABARD Development Assistant Officer exam:
- Awards and Honours
- Banking and Finance
- Books and Authors
- Business and Economy
- Capitals and Currency
- Days and Dates
- Famous Personalities
- Famous Places
- Films and Entertainment
- Indian Politics
- International Current Affairs
- National Current Affairs
Numerical Ability Syllabus for NABARD Development Assistant
Following topics should be covered for preparing the Numerical Ability section of NABARD Development Assistant Officer exam:
- Problems on Ages,
- Simple Interest/ Compound Interest
- Profit and Loss
- Ratio & Proportions
- Mixture and allegations
- Time and Work
- Time Speed and Distance.
- Date Interpretation
- Number System.
- HCF & LCM.
Reasoning Syllabus for NABARD Development Assistant
Following topics should be covered for preparing the reasoning section of NABARD Development Assistant Officer exam:
- Number Series.
- Verbal/Non-Verbal Series.
- Calendars & Clocks.
- Ranking of Numbers
- Arithmetical Reasoning.
- Mirror Images.
- Blood Relations.
- Dice and Cube.
Computer Knowledge Syllabus for NABARD Development Assistant
- Operating System.
- Computer Fundamentals.
- MS Word
- MS Excel
- MS Power-Point – Presentation.
Preparation Tips for NABARD DEVELOPMENT OFFICER Examination
- Starting today, go through the syllabus and pattern.
- Go through each topic’s question. You will immediately reckon your likability for each topic. You will notice some topics are easy for you and some are a bit tedious.
- Identify your strong and weak areas and write them down.
- Focus on your strengths
- The time divided between strong and weak sections should ideally be 70-30.
- Start with the concepts: Go through individual concepts and solve basic questions.
- Identify shortcuts and tips tricks for the topics in which you are strong and start using these new learned tips and tricks to solve questions.
- Give full length and sectional mock tests for NABARD DEVELOPMENT ASSISTANT OFFICER examination .
- Read one English literature book for 1 hour daily. (A good book, not the chetan bhagat novels.! ). This would improve your reading speed and also improve your vocabulary.
- Daily attempt Computer Quizzes, Current Affairs Quizzes, Quant Quizzes and Vocabulary Challenge.
Friends All the very best for your exam. Do let us know if this article helped you understand about NABARD Development Assistant Officer examination. If you have any queries or questions, please feel free to ask them in the comments section below and we will be glad to answer them for you!