- Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, launched the pilot of e-NAM – the e-trading platform for the National Agriculture Market here today.
- On the occasion he said that the initiative would usher in transparency, which will greatly benefit the farmers.
- Shri Narendra Modi said this is a turning point for the agriculture community and the agriculture sector has to be looked at holistically, and it is only then that maximum benefit of the farmer can be ensured.
- On the occasion Union Agriculture and Farmers Welfare Minister, Shri Radha Mohan Singh said here today that the Government is working hard for the welfare of the farmers and launch of National Agriculture Market is a step in this direction.
- 21 Mandis from 8 States have been Linked to National Agriculture Market
- 200 mandis will be Linked within five Months and 585 Mandis by March, 2018.
- Various Schemes Initiated to Double Farmers Income in next Five Years.