- In a major rejig, the Narendra Modi government has reconstituted the Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts (IGNCA) board
- A new 20-member team was appointed by Union Culture Minister Mahesh Sharma
- Senior journalist Ram Bahadur Rai has been appointed as the next IGNCA president.
- The other newly appointed members include Dr Sonal Mansingh, Chandraprakash Dwivedi, Nitin Desai, K Arvinda Rao, Vasudeo Kamath, Dr Mahesh Chandra Sharma, Dr Bharat Gupta, Dr M Seshan, Rati Vinay Jha, Professor Nirmala Sharma, Harsh Neotia, Dr Padma Subrahmaniam, Dr Saryu Doshi, Prasoon Joshi, DP Sinha and Viraj Yagnik.
- The IGNCA was established in memory of former Prime Minister Indira Gandhi and is envisioned as a centre for study of arts.
- The IGNCA was launched on 19th November, 1985 by the late prime minister Rajiv Gandhi.