This article will cover the following topics: LIC AAO Vacancies, Salary Packages of LIC AAO, Pattern for LIC AAO, Eligibility for LIC AAO, Syllabus for LIC AAO and Preparation Tips for LIC AAO
LIC AAO Preparation Tips Vacancy, Eligibility, Pattern, Salary, Syllabus.
Life Insurance Corporation of India has issued notification to recruit interested candidates for appointment to the post of Assistant Administrative Officer (AAO Generalist).
This test will be conducted as per official exam pattern of LIC AAO. (300 Marks, 160 Questions and 120 Minutes Duration.) Below are the preparation tips and syllabus for LIC AAO exam.
LIC AAO Syllabus
- Reasoning (90 marks, 30 questions),
- English Language (60 marks, 30 questions)
- Quantitative Aptitude (90 marks, 30 questions),
- General Awareness ,Current affairs test (60 marks, 30 questions)
- Computer Knowledge (60 marks, 30 questions)
- Seating Arrangement (circular + straight)
- Cause and Effect
- Coded Inequalities
- Statement and Assumptions
- Number Series
- Data Interpretation Set
- Error Spotting
- Reading Comprehension
- Cloze test.
- National Current Affairs
- International Current Affairs
- Sports Current Affairs
- Defence Current Affairs
- Banking Current Affairs
- Economic Current Affairs
- Business Current Affairs
- Books and Authors
- Person in News/Awards
- Current Affairs RBI
- Current Affairs Yearbook,
- Govt. Schemes and Budget
- National Organizations
- International Organizations
- Static Affairs
- Economics Terms and Theory
- International Economy
- Indian Economy Structure
- MS Office
- MS PowerPoint
- MS Excel
- MS Word
- Operating System/Software Basics
- KeyBoard Shortcuts
Preparation Tips for LIC AAO
- Start by viewing the syllabus and getting the gist of it.
- To get an idea about likability topics, go through each topics questions.
- Write down your strong and weak topics.
- Increase your reading speed (Click here for Speed Reading Tips )
- Go through the concepts of your strong topics.
- Solve some basic questions.
- After getting a stronghold on concepts and basic questions, start learning shortcuts tricks.
- Memorize tables, squares, cubes and fractions for faster calculations.
- Move to complex questions (calculation intensive) and do not use a calculator.
- Give full length and sectional mock tests to understand paper pattern, time allocation and identify further chinks in your armor.
- After giving Mock Tests, analyse your attempt and focus on questions and topics with 90- 100% accuracy
- If you are taking more than 1 minute to solve questions with 100% accuracy, solve more questions and up your solving speed.
- Checkout previous year question papers and solve them. Give special attention to sectional cutoffs.
- If you find yourself lagging in any particular section, then focus on areas where you can increase your scores.
LIC AAO Vacancies
As per the official notification, LIC is aiming to recruit 700 candidates from this exam. The distribution of vacancies is as stated below:
UR – 349, OBC-192, SC-106, ST-53
Salary of LIC AAO
- As an LIC AAO you will receive a basic pay of Rs. 17240/- per month.
- The scale of pay is Rs. 17240- 840(14) –29000– 910(4) –32640 (note that this is under revision)
- You will be entitled to receive other admissible allowances as per rules.
- The total emoluments after adding allowances at the minimum of the scale inclusive of House Rent Allowance & City Compensatory Allowance will be approximately Rs 40,245/- per month in ‘A’ Class city.
- Other benefits are Defined Contributory Pension, Special Allowance for passing Actuarial Examination, Gratuity, LTC, Cash Medical Benefit, Group Mediclaim, Group Personal Accident Insurance, Group Insurance , Vehicle Loan (2- wheeler/4 wheeler) as per rules.
*LIC AAO Probation period is one year, extendable up to 2 years.
*Guarantee Bond: Before joining as a Probationer, candidates will be required to give an undertaking to serve LIC for a minimum period of four years from the date of joining (including probationary period) failing which, he/she or his /her heirs, executors, administrators will be liable to pay liquidated damages of Rs.200,000/-only (Rupees Two Lakhs only)
LIC AAO Pattern
The selection process will consist of two phases:
1. Online exam
2. Personal Interview
The On-line examination will be of objective type, multiple choices of 120 minutes (2 hrs) duration with the following pattern:
There will be negative marking of 1/4th mark for every wrong answer.
It should be noted that candidate MUST pass in each section separately and should also obtain minimum marks in the aggregate to qualify for the interview. The minimum marks to be obtained in each Section and in the aggregate shall be decided by LIC.
English Language test is of qualifying nature and the marks in English Language will not be counted for ranking.
LIC AAO Eligibility
1. LIC AAO Age (As on 01.12.2015)
Minimum 21 years – Maximum 30 years
i.e candidates must have been born not earlier than 02/12/1985 and not later than 01/12/1994 (both days inclusive)
Add +5 for SC/ST, +3 for OBC , +10 for PWD(General)
2. LIC AAO Education Qualification (As on 01.09.2015)
Bachelor/Master’s Degree from a recognized Indian University/ Institution.
- For SC/ST/ PWD Candidates Intimation Charges of Rs. 100/- plus Transaction Charges
- For all Other Candidates Application Fee-cum-Intimation Charges of Rs. 600/- plus Transaction Charges
LIC AAO Apply Online : http://ibps.sifyitest.com/licaaodec15/
Friends, this is it for Preparation tips for LIC AAO. If you have any queries, please ask them in the comments section below and we will be glad to answer them for you. All the very best!