LIC AAO Pattern Eligibility Syllabus Preparation Tips- This article will cover the following topics LIC AAO Vacancies, Salary Packages of LIC AAO, Pattern for LIC AAO, Eligibility for LIC AAO, Syllabus for LIC AAO and Preparation Tips for LIC AAO
LIC AAO 2021 Eligibility, Syllabus, Exam Pattern Preparation Tips
Life Insurance Corporation of India has issued notification to recruit interested candidates for appointment to the post of Assistant Administrative Officer (AAO) (Generalist/ IT/ Charted Accountant/ Actuarial/ Rajbhasha) vacancies. Candidates who wish to apply for any of the posts under the LIC recruitment 2019 should be well-aware of the changes introduced by LIC this year.This test will be conducted as per official exam pattern of LIC AAO.
LIC AAO Recruitment: Selection Process
- LIC AAO Preliminary Exam
- LIC AAO Main Exam
LIC AAO Exam Pattern 2020 – Prelims (Phase I)
|Subject||No of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 Mins|
|Quantitative Ability||35||35||20 Mins|
|English Language||30||30**||20 Mins|
- Online Objective Type examination will be conducted.
- The question paper will be given in the bilingual (Hindi & English) language.
- The maximum marks for prelims exam will be 70 marks
- **Marks scored in the English Language are not considered for ranking, they are taken only for qualifying nature.
LIC AAO Exam Pattern 2020 – Mains (Phase II)
|Subject||No of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|Reasoning Ability||30||90||40 Mins|
|General Knowledge, Current Affairs||30||60||20 Mins|
|Data Analysis & Interpretation||30||90||40 Mins|
|Insurance and Financial Market Awareness||30||60||20 Mins|
|Qualifying Paper (English)**||2||25||30 Mins|
- The above-given details are common for all the vacancies.
- The English Language will be of qualifying nature
Decision Making and Eligibility Test
Statement Arguments and Reasons
Statement and Fact Assumption
Statement and Fact Inference Conclusion
Alphabet Test and Dictionary
Coding and Decoding
Data Sufficiency (Reasoning)
Cause Effect and Consequence
Direction sense test
Mathematical Operations and Inequalities
Miscellaneous Logical Puzzles
Number, Ranking and Time Sequence Test
Relationships and Blood Relations
Sequential Output Tracing and Input Output
Series Completion and Analogy
Statement- Courses of Action
HCF and LCM of Numbers
Measurement of Plane Figures
Volume and Surface Areas
Mixtures and Alligations
Permutations and Combinations
Problems on Ages
Profit and Loss
Progressions and Series
Ratio and Proportions
Simple and Compound Interest
Decimals and Fractions
Surds and Indices
Boats and Streams
Time and Distance
Pipes and Cistern
Time and Work
Direct and Indirect Forms
Fill in the Blanks (dual)
Fill in the Blanks (Single)
Spotting the Errors
Antonyms and Synonyms
Idioms and Phrases
One Word Substitutions
National Current Affairs
International Current Affairs
Sports Current Affairs
Defense Current Affairs
Banking Current Affairs
Economic Current Affairs
Business Current Affairs
Books and Authors
Person in News/Awards
Current Affairs RBI
Current Affairs Yearbook,
Govt. Schemes and Budget
Economics Terms and Theory
Indian Economy Structure
Preparation Tips for LIC AAO
- Start by viewing the syllabus and getting the gist of it.
- To get an idea about likability topics, go through each topics questions.
- Write down your strong and weak topics.
- Increase your reading speed (Click here for Speed Reading Tips )
- Go through the concepts of your strong topics.
- Solve some basic questions.
- After getting a stronghold on concepts and basic questions, start learning shortcuts tricks.
- Memorize tables, squares, cubes and fractions for faster calculations.
- Move to complex questions (calculation intensive) and do not use a calculator.
- Give full length and sectional mock tests to understand paper pattern, time allocation and identify further chinks in your armor.
- After giving Mock Tests, analyse your attempt and focus on questions and topics with 90- 100% accuracy
- If you are taking more than 1 minute to solve questions with 100% accuracy, solve more questions and up your solving speed.
- Checkout previous year question papers and solve them. Give special attention to sectional cutoffs.
- If you find yourself lagging in any particular section, then focus on areas where you can increase your scores.
LIC AAO Vacancies
As per the official notification, LIC is aiming to recruit 590 candidates from this exam. The distribution of vacancies is as stated below:
Generalist-350, IT- 150, CA- 50, Actuarial-30 and Rajbhasha- 10
Salary of LIC AAO
- Applicants applying for the posts of “Assistant Administrative Officer” in LIC AAO 2019 will be receiving approximately the monthly emolument of Rs.56, 000 /- (inclusive of House Rent Allowance & City Compensatory Allowance).
- Other benefits are Defined Contributory Pension, Special Allowance for passing Actuarial Examination, Gratuity, LTC, Cash Medical Benefit, Group Mediclaim, Group Personal Accident Insurance, Group Insurance , Vehicle Loan (2- wheeler/4 wheeler) as per rules.
*LIC AAO Probation period is one year, extendable up to 2 years.
*Guarantee Bond: Before joining as a Probationer, candidates will be required to give an undertaking to serve LIC for a minimum period of four years from the date of joining (including probationary period) failing which, he/she or his /her heirs, executors, administrators will be liable to pay liquidated damages of Rs.200,000/-only (Rupees Two Lakhs only)
LIC AAO Eligibility
1. LIC AAO Age Limit (as on 01-02-2020)
- Minimum Age: 21 Years
- Maximum Age: 30 Years
- Age relaxation is applicable as per rules
2. LIC AAO Education Qualification (As on 01.02.2020)
LIC AAO (Generalists): The candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree from any recognized university.
LIC AAO (IT): The candidate must be a graduate in engineering (Computer Science, IT or Electronics) or have completed his MCA or MSc (Computer Science) from a recognized university.
LIC AAO (Chartered Accountant): The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university. He should also have passed the final exam of Institute of Chartered Accountants of India and be an Associate Member of the same.
LIC AAO (Actuarial): The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized university. He should also have passed Paper CT1 and CT5 plus 4 or more other papers of the exam conducted by the Institute of Actuaries of India/Institute and Faculty of Actuaries, UK.
LIC AAO (Rajbhasha): The candidate must hold a Master’s degree in Hindi/English/Sanskrit with English/Hindi/English & Hindi as one of the subjects at Bachelor’s degree level.
- For SC/ST/ PWD Candidates Intimation Charges of Rs. 100/- plus Transaction Charges
- For all Other Candidates Application Fee-cum-Intimation Charges of Rs. 600/- plus Transaction Charges
LIC AAO Apply Online :
Friends, this is it for LIC AAO Pattern Eligibility Syllabus Preparation Tips. If you have any queries, please ask them in the comments section below and we will be glad to answer them for you. All the very best!