LIC AAO Quantitative Aptitude- In this article you will get LIC AAO Quantitative Aptitude Pattern. LIC AAO Quantitative Aptitude Syllabus. LIC AAO Previous Year’s paper analysis of Quantitative Aptitude. Topic Wise Preparation Tips for Quantitative Aptitude section LIC AAO 2019. Study Plan for Quantitative Aptitude Section LIC AAO.
LIC AAO Quantitative Aptitude
LIC AAO will be conducted on 4th and 5th May 2019 (Tentative). This means you have less time to prepare and ace the exam.
To help you prepare the best, we have started a series of articles on LIC AAO preparation. In this series we will tell you the pattern/syllabus, study plan, preparation tips and expected cutoffs of individual sections viz, Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning, General Awareness and English Language.
Today we will take up Quantitative Aptitude section of LIC AAO.
LIC AAO Quantitative Aptitude: Pattern
|Phase of Exam||No of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
LIC AAO Quantitative Aptitude Syllabus
HCF and LCM of Numbers
Measurement of Plane Figures
Volume and Surface Areas
Mixtures and Alligations
Permutations and Combinations
Problems on Ages
Profit and Loss
Progressions and Series
Ratio and Proportions
Simple and Compound Interest
Decimals and Fractions
Surds and Indices
Boats and Streams
Time and Distance
Pipes and Cistern
Time and Work
LIC AAO Quantitative Aptitude- Analysis of Previous Year Paper.
The level of questions in Quantitative Aptitude section was moderate. Topic wise breakup was as given below:
LIC AAO Quantitative Aptitude: Topic Wise Preparation Tips.
1. LIC AAO Quantitative Aptitude: Series.
- It is really easy to figure out from previous paper’s analysis that questions from Series constitute a major chunk of quantitative aptitude section. This is unlikely to change for this year’s paper too.
- In these type of questions, A series of numbers is given. All of which are interconnected with one another.
- The best part is that once you identify the pattern, solving the question becomes a cakewalk.
- There can be many patterns. viz.
- Prime Numbers.
- Squares/ Cubes.
- Patterns in differences.
- Pattern in alternate numbers.
- Geometric series.
- Odd one out.
- Cube roots/ square roots.
- Don’t rush through solving these type of questions. Give some time and you have 100% accuracy.
- Beware, if you do not practice for these type of questions, you will end up spending 10-15 minutes and still not get any answer. This will not only cost you marks but will also result in poor time management for the other parts of the paper.
- So the mantra here would be practice, practice and practice.
- Start by going through the basic questions of series.
- Solve 5 questions of series daily for the next 1 month. This will increase your speed, your exposure to various series combinations and moreover you will be prepared for the toughest level of Sitting arrangement questions by the time of your exam.
2. LIC AAO Quantitative Aptitude: Data Interpretation.
- Data Interpretation is one of the most important part of the quantitative aptitude section.
- If you follow the recent pattern of questions, the Quantitative section will definitely have one and sometimes even more than one DI questions. The DI questions in the LIC AAO paper will be of high difficulty level.
- Most of the questions are from Pie charts, bar diagram and graphs.
- Read the questions carefully and understand what is being asked. Don’t start solving as soon as you see the question and the figures. Read and understand what is asked. Chances are that there will be a few questions that won’t even need calculations.
- Weigh your option. There will always be some questions that are comparatively easier to solve than others. Identify these questions and solve them quickly.
- Focus on solving one question at a time. Do not think about the next or the previous question and deliberately waste time and even end up solving the question wrong. Immerse yourself completely on the question at hand and if you feel its taking longer time then move to the next question.
- Solve only what is asked. DI questions have enormous amount of data to confuse the candidate. For eg a graph can be given stating the income and losses of few years and you are asked to find the expenditure of year A. Do not try to solve expenditure for year B, until it is used to find the value of expenditure in A. Read carefully and then solve accordingly.
- While solving the questions, avoid mixing up the data by writing the figures on the rough sheet and assigning proper and unique variables to it so that you do not get the figures mixed up while solving.
- Practice all types of DI and practice a lot to improve your speed and accuracy.
- Never use a calculator while practicing.
3. LIC AAO Quantitative Aptitude: Quadratic Equations.
- If Quadratic equation is not your forte, leave it for good.
- Don’t get too stressed out, trying to solve each and every question in exam.
- Quadratic Equations take up a lot of time and generally have low accuracy among candidates.
- You either know how to solve these questions or you don’t. There is no middle ground.
4. LIC AAO Quantitative Aptitude: Arithmetic topics.
- Prepare for the following topics:(click on the link to see concepts and questions)
- These topics will give you the much needed marks to clear the sectional cutoff for quantitative section of RBI Grade B.
- These topics are easy to prepare and have low level of complexity.
- They do not take much time.
- Refer to previous year question papers.
5. LIC AAO Quantitative Aptitude: Data Sufficiency.
- Read the given statements. Do not to assume any data on your own.
- Don’t solve the question: Ask yourself whether the question could be solved with the information given in the statements. These questions are not supposed to involve long and drawn-out calculations. However if you still find yourself doing a lot of calculations, there is certainly something you’re not seeing.
- Use the first statement and combine it with main statement. If you get the answer answer is first statement is sufficient to answer the question.
- If first statement is not sufficient to find the answer, then take the second statement individually and combine with the main statement. If you can get the answer then answer is second statement alone is sufficient to answer the question.
- After verifying th
Click here to see official cutoffs for the LIC AAO Previous Year.
LIC AAO Quantitative Section Study Plan.
- Click here to see previous year paper
- From the paper above, identify which kind of questions are asked and what topics are covered. Only focus on those topics for your preparation.
- If you try and study everything you will end up cramming your schedule and ultimately risk being under prepared.
- Accuracy and Speed are the keys for scoring maximum in this section.
- Give 1 hour daily for Quantitative Aptitude preparation.
- For the next 2-3 days, go through basic concepts and questions for topics stated above.
- Then take up each topic for 3 days and solve maximum questions possible on that topic. You will exhaust all the topics till January end.
- While doing the above exercise, solve 2 sitting arrangement questions everyday.
- Start giving Mock Tests. Identify topics you are weak in and again attempt those topics.
- Mock Tests will also help you prepare a timing strategy.
- Talk to experts about those topics and get your doubts solved.
- By February, you will complete all the reasoning topics and you will have amazing time management skills.
- Practice Practice Practice. All the BEST.
Friends this is it for Quantitative Aptitude Preparation of LIC AAO 2019.